Scientific Proof Facebook does exactly what I said it does...

Bailey

.....all those smiling muthafuckas partying and shit? Makes you sad...according to a Utah study Facebook is unhealthy for some:

According to the study, Facebook is making us sad. Why? It's all about the kinds of pictures people to post on their pages.

Facebook photos generally depict smiling, cheerful people having good times, conveying a sense of happiness. Of course everyone likes to smile for the camera, so that good cheer may be inflated or false. As others view the photos, they may believe this conveyed sense of intense happiness is real, making them think that their friends are much happier than they are.

http://news.yahoo.com/feeling-sad-facebook-could-cause-180318638--abc-news.html

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ch... Most of my friends are writing how depressed they are. The make me feel happier about my life

I knew this study was true, because I look at people's pages and it makes me sad like I am missing out....BUT I do think some people are having more fun than others the photos are not fake, maybe the people are, the events they're in are not fake, these people are having more life than me. The study also asked the participants if they even knew the people they're friends with I don't know many of my FB friends some I have never met.

Facebook is taken too seriously.

this I can understand, but what you said could be interpreted several ways, firstly let me just say to all you facebook whores, the ones with like 1000 friends, you aint shit, I don't like that it looks fake as fuck and why do you have THAT many people? That shit is fake and attention seeking, hell it aint that damn serious. I only got on FB because my ex said "oh it's great and you should have a page and blah blah blah" I kept my page up after the break because I thought if I took it down it would be like erasing me, and I want to exist. NOW the drama, I know bitches that have fought over some shit that popped off from Facebook. Honestly, I am jealous when I see two guys together on trips, or going to dinner, I don't have any pictures of me and someone else that was special, not that I think I would post them anyway it's all kinda show-offish to me :filenails:

People that dont see the seriousness of moral influences and actions really get to me. I suppose people have just got selfish now.

People need to wake up to the moral and social dangers the internet is having and will have on our civilisation. Because its so new (in the context of history) i think people underestimate the internets impact and how it is going to mould future generations.

Its scary, but peoples ignorance about it in many ways is even more frighting.

Facebook and the net in general is a frightingly powerful tool, that has many implications on the way future generations communicate. We MUST be careful!

People that dont see the seriousness of moral influences and actions really get to me. I suppose people have just got selfish now.

People need to wake up to the moral and social dangers the internet is having and will have on our civilisation. Because its so new (in the context of history) i think people underestimate the internets impact and how it is going to mould future generations.

Its scary, but peoples ignorance about it in many ways is even more frighting.

Facebook and the net in general is a frightingly powerful tool, that has many implications on the way future generations communicate. We MUST be careful!

well I know what thing we raises a bunch of freaks cause the internet takes what people had to be brave and go out of their way to do and makes it readily accessible, I kinda see society moving in a direction where being bisexual is okay, even for men I see it on TV it's like a joke on Jersey Shore, but that shit is kinda gay, I think there's good and bad, the bad for me is by the time we become an integrated society accepting of unconventional relationships I will be too old to enjoy the benefits :filenails:

this I can understand, but what you said could be interpreted several ways, firstly let me just say to all you facebook whores, the ones with like 1000 friends, you aint shit, I don't like that it looks fake as fuck and why do you have THAT many people? That shit is fake and attention seeking, hell it aint that damn serious. I only got on FB because my ex said "oh it's great and you should have a page and blah blah blah" I kept my page up after the break because I thought if I took it down it would be like erasing me, and I want to exist. NOW the drama, I know bitches that have fought over some shit that popped off from Facebook. Honestly, I am jealous when I see two guys together on trips, or going to dinner, I don't have any pictures of me and someone else that was special, not that I think I would post them anyway it's all kinda show-offish to me :filenails:

Aw, is Ralphie making you depressed?

You MUST be a hopeless romantic to feel this way ...

Aw, is Ralphie making you depressed?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: btw ..I love Ralph's posts on FB

I have over 1500 friends, so I'm a whore?

No.

I do come from a large family, stay in touch with friends from high school and college, and make friends with people from networking, volunteering, community events, temple, and other common interests.

Facebook to me is just a social networking tool. I share pictures, videos, and articles with my friends, family, and acquaintances. I don't share any information that is too personal and don't get involved with any "drama", because it's not that serious and it's good to keep some thoughts, opinions, and truth to yourself and offline.

You MUST be a hopeless romantic to feel this way ...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: btw ..I love Ralph's posts on FB

I am a romantic yes, I believe in love, true love, I have felt it before, my first BF, he loved me, and we loved one another in our time, we didn't need the company of other men in our bed, we just enjoyed each other, it was beautiful. No Ralphie does not depress me, I am happy for Ralphie, he has come a long way, and to find someone that he enjoys so much is a blessing. I think the only time I am depressed is out of jealousy I am not jealous of Ralphie I smile and I am happy for him he deserves it.

That's not just facebook. What about high school, what about the workplace, if people seem social, open, happy, and you don't feel included and you feel sad it's obviously going to make your feel worse. The same is naturally true for facebook, the only thing is you can privately pour over all of these photos and really obsess over it if you want to. If you're really that much of a fucking loser :filenails:

If you don't like your life go out there and change it :cheer:

I am a romantic yes, I believe in love, true love, I have felt it before, my first BF, he loved me, and we loved one another in our time, we didn't need the company of other men in our bed, we just enjoyed each other, it was beautiful. No Ralphie does not depress me, I am happy for Ralphie, he has come a long way, and to find someone that he enjoys so much is a blessing. I think the only time I am depressed is out of jealousy I am not jealous of Ralphie I smile and I am happy for him he deserves it.

So in other words you dont want to actually own Ralphie's shoes...you just want a pair that looks similar? :unsure:

That's not just facebook. What about high school, what about the workplace, if people seem social, open, happy, and you don't feel included and you feel sad it's obviously going to make your feel worse. The same is naturally true for facebook, the only thing is you can privately pour over all of these photos and really obsess over it if you want to. If you're really that much of a fucking loser :filenails:

If you don't like your life go out there and change it :cheer:

Meh? :rolleyes:

So in other words you dont want to actually own Ralphie's shoes...you just want a pair that looks similar? :unsure:

well his tastes in gear tends to be more liberal than my own, but to answer the question yes sure, why not? Why not have someone you love by your side, I would love to have a Valentine's date where we do the whole 4 star restaurant, get dressed up and take pictures smiling and toasting together.

why so dismissive? envy is a part of life....yes I envy those who have more fun and fulfilled lives just as much as Im sure you envy those with beauty :filenails:

first of all... i don't envy anyone for their outer beauty :blink: why would I.. i'm not shallow and every "beautiful" person has their own demons to deal with... there are plenty of rich ugly mo-fos.. but that doesn't make them less successful.. or less rich.. Steve Jobs wasn't the prettiest bunny in the garden.. but he made it ran carrots..

Success >> outer beauty in my book

I'm sorry you sit on your computer waiting to have more fun or live more a fulfilling life... but if you don't change then you won't change

Archived