Scientific Proof Facebook does exactly what I said it does...

Bailey

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have close to 2,000 friends, but if you're an artists and you put out a product then I don't see why you should be criticized. Fans and friends alike are going to add you.

don't be defensive yours is a valid point...I'm talking about these average everyday Jane Does who are not famous for shit are not artist's promoting their product but rather folks that hit add to any stranger that comes their way

Im more baffled at this even being an "issue" and/or a topic,period. WOW.

I'm baffled you can't make the connections, I see it, I spoke on it before this study was published, it's simple sometimes in life people busy themselves minding other folks business and not their own, which is wrong, but when they do, they compare and when you compare someone has to lose.

Most of the time, these people are miserable themselves and just putting up a false picture. Why judge your life based on the pictures of someone else's?

everyone on this board act like they made of steel and concrete, I'm glad ya'll perfect people, God forbid anyone not feel complete, hell even Janet Jackson was blunt and honest in telling the world even when she was her best she felt depressed. I'm just saying I see people whose lives are more fulfilled than my own.

Which is stupid. Why spend time looking at folks' pictures and being jealous only because you aren't out doing something?

well because it's sorta like this Henry, the other day I was at school talking to the Nursing students, all women, and one pulled out an Iphone at the round table we were sitting at, I said I have wanted an Iphone forever, I told them jokingly I call it Iphone envy, next thing I know 4 more women pull out their phones and low and behold they all have Iphones, so not one girl at the table didn't have an Iphone they all did, not one felt the need to hide the fact they did, so there I was feeling left out. If Janet Jackson came on this board and personally invited 5 members to her home for a BBQ, and told us 1 week ahead of time, those that did not get invited would feel left out. I don't know why people here cannot put it all together and see why I feel the way I feel.

Most of the time, these people are miserable themselves and just putting up a false picture. Why judge your life based on the pictures of someone else's?

this could be valid, I believe in some cases it is, but you would have to prove that statement, give an example a true example. Here is an example of where I am jealous these two have been together for years, the tall one works at Gucci I have shopped with him before, now they are at the Auto Show in Detroit, thing is they are at the invite only Black tie event, not for the public. I bet it was all kinds of elite, wealthy people, industry people around and expensive foods. I wish I was there. :filenails:381244_2749240724192_1052790185_32818370_148763690_n.jpg

this could be valid, I believe in some cases it is, but you would have to prove that statement, give an example a true example. Here is an example of where I am jealous these two have been together for years, the tall one works at Gucci I have shopped with him before, now they are at the Auto Show in Detroit, thing is they are at the invite only Black tie event, not for the public. I bet it was all kinds of elite, wealthy people, industry people around and expensive foods. I wish I was there. :filenails:381244_2749240724192_1052790185_32818370_148763690_n.jpg

Looks like fun, but it's like when you watch Cribs, I may wish I had the stuff, and lifestyle, but I don't feel bad. I think wow, that looks like fun. :filenails:

everyone on this board act like they made of steel and concrete, I'm glad ya'll perfect people, God forbid anyone not feel complete, hell even Janet Jackson was blunt and honest in telling the world even when she was her best she felt depressed. I'm just saying I see people whose lives are more fulfilled than my own.

That is your problem..that you really believe photos are a representation of what someones life actually is. Its all perception. Like someone else said..some ppl post photos to make their lives appear to be more than what it is. We live in a society where EVERYBODY has something to prove and Im not oblivious to the smoke and mirrors that meet my eyes every single day I wake up. You have folks who wanna appear wealthier than they are...more well known then they are,etc. Dont be fooled by photos.

That is your problem..that you really believe photos are a representation of what someones life actually is. Its all perception. Like someone else said..some ppl post photos to make their lives appear to be more than what it is. We live in a society where EVERYBODY has something to prove and Im not oblivious to the smoke and mirrors that meet my eyes every single day I wake up. You have folks who wanna appear wealthier than they are...more well known then they are,etc. Dont be fooled by photos.

thank you that brings me back down to Earth, so then let me ask you this, what clues you in to the notion "their lives are not as great as they may seem" what are the tell tale signs?

well because it's sorta like this Henry, the other day I was at school talking to the Nursing students, all women, and one pulled out an Iphone at the round table we were sitting at, I said I have wanted an Iphone forever, I told them jokingly I call it Iphone envy, next thing I know 4 more women pull out their phones and low and behold they all have Iphones, so not one girl at the table didn't have an Iphone they all did, not one felt the need to hide the fact they did, so there I was feeling left out. If Janet Jackson came on this board and personally invited 5 members to her home for a BBQ, and told us 1 week ahead of time, those that did not get invited would feel left out. I don't know why people here cannot put it all together and see why I feel the way I feel.

All you gotta do is go get an iPhone. They shouldn't care if you feel left out. If you really want one, then go get it. The Janet angle doesn't fit here. It's basically a pity-party, but you're trying to use what other folks got and/or have done to get pity.

Sadly everyone wants to be Kim Kardashian :sigh:

I don't know why, she did shake the spot from Paris Hilton tho. Anywho so you're an artist, and you like making movies, who is you favorite movie maker? I just saw the Immortals and the styling in that film was killa :filenails:

All you gotta do is go get an iPhone. They shouldn't care if you feel left out. If you really want one, then go get it. The Janet angle doesn't fit here. It's basically a pity-party, but you're trying to use what other folks got and/or have done to get pity.

I don't want pity, that's a bit taking things too far, all I'm saying is sometimes we feel less than others, that is all I am saying I am not asking for pity nor do I recall requesting it. I come on this board and joke around all the time I am never all about whoa is me. I wonder if I did get an Iphone how much more special I would feel, it's silly really isn't it?

And let me share something else with you Bailey. A little over a year ago,I was involved with a well known politician in my city. No one knew of our relationship because of course he had to keep our shit REAL low. But when I tell you this young 26yo old man (at the time) had his hands in so many different pots and access to so many celebs and celeb events..it wasnt even funny.He wears so many different hats. ON top of all he does..he's a co-producer of the NAACP awards. This was a young man who had accomplished more in his life by his mid 20s that ppl would their whole lives but I never felt inadequate or less than because I know who I AM and my life leads me in a nother direction. Everyone has their "own" journey and I accept mine because I know Im "doin better" than alot of ppl. You are ALWAYS doin better than someone else so..be content with that. We have to stop feeling like we have to "rise to occasion"..everybody's life is not mapped out the same and how boring would it be if it were?

Me,Im such a humble guy and so comfortable in my space to where he would try to bring me along with him as he was traveling and going to events to meet up with celebs and "important" ppl but I would always decline because that HIGH LIFE means NOTHING to me. He was shocked becuz others he had been involved with were GLAD to go on trips, being amongst celebs and goin to award shows but he was so surprised but HAPPY he ran across someone who didnt want him because of what he could do for me but that I loved him and none of his business ventures mattered to me. Love your space,own it..if you want more...than simply do more..its attainable...look around.

you completely misinterpreted what I was saying about the girls, it was not about oh they showed their phones and had no shame knowing I was left out, what I was saying is look at society and the attitudes we have, we all want to feel like we belong, the women showing they all had Iphones was like showing a members only club card, see I got mine...THAT'S what I was saying, it was not about me at all, it was about how we are all a bunch of followers.

And I bet half them chicks don't gotta man cause they all fail to be unique. Buy a phone cause you actually want it, not to be apart of some club. I would of pulled out my $10 phone and been like "Say something bitch...." :coffee:

And let me share something else with you Bailey. A little over a year ago,I was involved with a well known politician in my city. No one knew of our relationship because of course he had to keep our shit REAL low. But when I tell you this young 26yo old man (at the time) had his hands in so many different pots and access to so many celebs and celeb events..it wasnt even funny.He wears so many different hats. ON top of all he does..he's a co-producer of the NAACP awards. This was a young man who had accomplished more in his life by his mid 20s that ppl would their whole lives but I never felt inadequate or less than because I know who I AM and my life leads me in a nother direction. Everyone has their "own" journey and I accept mine because I know Im "doin better" than alot of ppl. You are ALWAYS doin better than someone else so..be content with that. We have to stop feeling like we have to "rise to occasion"..everybody's life is not map out the same.

Me,Im such a humble guy and so comfortable in my space to where he would try to bring me along with him as he was traveling and going to events to meet up with celebs and "important" ppl but I would always decline because that HIGH LIFE means NOTHING to me. He was shocked becuz others he had been involved with were GLAD to go on trips, being amongst celebs and goin to award shows but he was so surprised but HAPPY he ran across someone who didnt want him because of what he could do for me but that I loved him and none og his business ventures mattered to me. Love your space,own it..if you want more...than simply do more..its attainable...look around.

Now that was eloquent.....I don't envy folks are much as some would believe, I still think I am probably one of the smartest (book wise) guys you will ever meet. I am the first Black male to be admitted to my program ever... in a lot of ways I am special and I am on my own path. Your story reminds me of the guy I met on New Years Eve, he had a brand new Cadillac and told me "oh you can park next to my Cadillac" as if they would impress me, I had two new cars in my 20's a Black man, with college education. I was not impressed by his Caddy, besides when I parked my Jeep Grand Cherokee was bigger anyway :filenails:

And I bet half them chicks don't gotta man cause they all fail to be unique. Buy a phone cause you actually want it, not to be apart of some club. I would of pulled out my $10 phone and been like "Say something bitch...." :coffee:

DIES :asham: ....see at least you got that, Henry completely misinterpreted what I was saying because he was so busy telling me how wrong I am :rolleyes: I was saying look at all the followers, and how quick to show their phones as if to say "I belong" "I belong too" :rolleyes: we are not raising people to be individuals that are unique.

It all depends on how confident you are with yourself. Both of my best friends have boyfriends that are loaded. My best friend drives a Bentley and neither one of them work. I could compare my life to theirs and be upset but I don't get that way. I know that behind the cars and trips, their is a lot of unhappiness. I don't deal with half the headaches they do. If I choose too, I could live the same lifestyle they do, but my freedom and happiness isn't worth it to me.

actually this is strange to me, a lot of the women in the program are engaged to be married this year. I thought that's kinda strange the program doesn't give me much time to cook a meal at home like I like to, yet these bitches can plan a whole wedding? I know one chick, she has the baddest body ever, health nut, she engaged to get married to a guy with like 3 kids already, and she has 2 of her own already, every time I look at her the theme song to "The Brady Bunch" plays in my head. :asham:

I don't know why, she did shake the spot from Paris Hilton tho. Anywho so you're an artist, and you like making movies, who is you favorite movie maker? I just saw the Immortals and the styling in that film was killa :filenails:

Much like music, I only follow the legends on twitter. Hitchcock, Kubrick, Wes Craven, Rodriguez, Tarantino.

The difference though is as filmmakers/directors we get to make the most money, and don't have to deal with the paparazzi or everyone being in our business. Leave that foolish to the Tom Cruise's and Angelina's. Meanwhile these camera whores still have to come to us to pick up their checks :coffee:

Archived