So..lets be honest here.. What is the absolute WORST Song you think

janetDAYZ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Again a hit is a hit... and considering that Virgin bailed on the project entirely after three singles (to back Mariah's album), I say why not. At least it would have extended the era. <_<

TOF.

And is that supposedly the reason A4U was cut short because of Mariah? Thats the first of me hearing this.

TOF.

And is that supposedly the reason A4U was cut short because of Mariah? Thats the first of me hearing this.

Dayz. :rolleyes:

I thought you knew that. :mellow: Weren't you online and on the forums during that era? :unsure: It's not the "official" reason (one was never given) but that was the reason...why would you cut promo on an album that's done 6-7 million worldwide, had two blockbuster singles, and one moderately successful one?

Virgin had just signed Mariah to that $100 million dollar contract, so the label's focus turned to making Mimi's first project a success... Janet and AFY got shafted. In reality, Virgin handled the whole era badly. It was successful but could've done so much better...I think it was the beginning of the end of Janet's relationship with Virgin.

I think it was around the AFY era that some changes took place at Virgin (Execs, people in "power" at the label)....in my opinion, the new execs just weren't as interested in Janet's career. Which explain the lack of support Janet had when the SB situation blew up in her face.

Alittle bit more than what you asked for...but I felt like sharing. lol

You assholes and charts! You Aint Right would have been an awesome video with that choreography and you hoes would have been in here giving it all kinds of praises and your pussies would have been dripping so shut the fuck up and just agree with me!

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Educate these bastards on the greatness that is YAR!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Dayz. :rolleyes:

I thought you knew that. :mellow: Weren't you online and on the forums during that era? :unsure: It's not the "official" reason (one was never given) but that was the reason...why would you cut promo on an album that's done 6-7 million worldwide, had two blockbuster singles, and one moderately successful one?

Virgin had just signed Mariah to that $100 million dollar contract, so the label's focus turned to making Mimi's first project a success... Janet and AFY got shafted. In reality, Virgin handled the whole era badly. It was successful but could've done so much better...I think it was the beginning of the end of Janet's relationship with Virgin.

I think it was around the AFY era that some changes took place at Virgin (Execs, people in "power" at the label)....in my opinion, the new execs just weren't as interested in Janet's career. Which explain the lack of support Janet had when the SB situation blew up in her face.

Im aware of Mariah's deal and all that shit but I still didnt know that ppl (or is it just you?) that thought Mariah's release had something to do with A4U being cut short. I recall we had numerous threads over the years talking about the A4U era being cut short and not knowing why. I dont recall Mariah ever coming up in convo tho. I,personally just thought it was one of those things to where the label made a bad move by moving on because labels are notoriuos for pulling stupid ass shit and bad decisions.

Im aware of Mariah's deal and all that shit but I still didnt know that ppl (or is it just you?) that thought Mariah's release had something to do with A4U being cut short. I recall we had numerous threads over the years talking about the A4U era being cut short and not knowing why. I dont recall Mariah ever coming up in convo tho. I,personally just thought it was one of those things to where the label made a bad move by moving on because labels are notoriuos for pulling stupid ass shit and bad decisions.

I don't know how the fans feel about it now (considering all that has happened, most fans now just look at AFY as a success lol), but at the time the general consensus was that Virgin dropped the ball on the era and many felt the era got cut short because of "Glitter".

But yes, it was a bad move by the label...whether the Mariah situation had anything to do with it or not. I still don't get what happened during that era.

• 4 weeks later...

You guys would hate me if I told you some of the songs I like least in Janet's discography. On the real :asham: But if I could say the absolute WORST song I've ever heard from her? I believe I would say "Never Let'chu Go"...I remember saying "Janet, what the FUCK possessed you to record this horrible ass song...this shit is GARBAGE" -_-

But I LOVE myself some "Greatest X" and "Nothing" -- two of my favorite slow jams by Janet...Ever! ESPECIALLY "GREATEST X"!!! :excited::blush:

Archived