Brandy & Monica New Song Radio Rip!!!!!!!!!

bu.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the song. Vocally they mesh well together. :thumbup:

I find it ironic that people are complaining about the "contrived" lyrics of an R&B song, when pop acts wrtite these types of lyrics all the time, and nobody seems to have a problem with it. :rolleyes: The musical snobs on this board kill me. :filenails:

I like the song. Vocally they mesh well together. :thumbup:

I find it ironic that people are complaining about the "contrived" lyrics of an R&B song, when pop acts wrtite these types of lyrics all the time, and nobody seems to have a problem with it. :rolleyes: The musical snobs on this board kill me. :filenails:

Pop and R&B and two different things. Hearing Macbook and Facebook on a slow songs just sounds weird to me. It sounds contrived-- especially on this song.I doubt Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye would sing some shit like that.

"Log off of Facebook. That Macbook belongs to me." :&

It's not even clever writing, it's just dumb.

Pop and R&B and two different things. Hearing Macbook and Facebook on a slow songs just sounds weird to me. It sounds contrived-- especially on this song.I doubt Stevie Wonder or Marvin Gaye would sing some shit like that.

I guess the use of those lyrics are suppose to connect and relate to this generation. :lol:

I like it and I like lyrics that folks can listen to and say that's me or someone they know folks listen to music to find peace or even strength I know we don't have many Mary J fans on this board but trust she has pulled a lot of Black women through all the bullshit

1. Brandy and Monica aint neve been stevie wonder or marvin gaye. :umm:

2. The song is mid tempo, not a ballad.

3. R. Kelly, The Dream and Trey Songs all have lyrics like this in ballad and fast songs and no one says a damn thing.

mainstream R&b as a genre is contrived, so why are folks acting "Brand Nu". :coffee:

She's had success, but most people think that she can't sing. That's why when she released her "bathroom bangers" many people were shocked.

SAY WHAT??

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I can honestly sit here and say I have NEVER in my life heard anyone say they dont think Brandy can sing. By you saying "MOST"... seems like a stretch to me. Maybe some folks feel that her stans OVERRATE her voice but that doesnt mean they dont think she can sing. There's a major difference.

SAY WHAT??

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I can honestly sit here and say I have NEVER in my life heard anyone say they dont think Brandy can sing. By you saying "MOST"... seems like a stretch to me. Maybe some folks feel that her stans OVERRATE her voice but that doesnt mean they dont think she can sing. There's a major difference.

I've never heard this either. The one thing people give Brandy credit for are her vocals. Its been her careers saving grace. When people say she's underrated its usually in reference to her music sonically and her album sells.

I've never heard this either. The one thing people give Brandy credit for are her vocals. Its been her careers saving grace. When people say she's underrated its usually in reference to her music sonically and her album sells.

Thats more understandable..I have NO IDEA what he was talking about. Ppl thinking Brandy cant sing?? We're not talking about a Keri or an Ashanti here,please.

Go back and read the comments on "Brandy's Bathroom Bangers" and most of them are people being shocked saying they didn't know she could sing like that.

Go back and read the comments on "Brandy's Bathroom Bangers" and most of them are people being shocked saying they didn't know she could sing like that.

"Sing like that" doesnt mean they didnt think she couldnt sing. It would be no different than someone saying.."Damn..I knew she had range but I didnt know she could hit that high note". I've said that about a few singers myself. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. Like I've said...Brandy has never got knocked for her singing.

3. R. Kelly, The Dream and Trey Songs all have lyrics like this in ballad and fast songs and no one says a damn thing.

mainstream R&b as a genre is contrived, so why are folks acting "Brand Nu". :coffee:

All 3 singers that I don't listen to. I hated Mariah's last album because The Dream wrote her those dumb ass lyrics. I've never listened to an R Kelly album and Trey Songs sucks.

Not everyone listens to mainstream R&B. Hell, I don't even listen to the radio because I think most mainstream music sucks.

"Sing like that" doesnt mean they didnt think she couldnt sing. It would be no different than someone saying.."Damn..I knew she had range but I didnt know she could hit that high note". I've said that about a few singers myself. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE. Like I've said...Brandy has never got knocked for her singing.

she sure hasn't

Archived