Black talented artists who have NEVER won a grammy list inside.

janetDAYZ

MN-DianaRoss-378x378.jpg

Diana Ross

Yes, one of the DIVAS of music has never won a Grammy and I just can’t figure out why. I saw her at a Grammy party last night (I wasn’t there, just watching online) so there doesn’t seem to be any anger there but…why haven’t they honored a QUEEN?

MN-FrankieBeverlyandMaze-378x335.jpg

Frankie Beverly & Maze

I have to believe that the only reason this legendary group has never won a Grammy is because they didn’t really crossover into the mainstream. There truly can be no other reason because they still sell out shows and songs like “Happy Feelings,” “Joy and Pain” and others that are worthy of Grammys.

MN-TupacShakur-378x414.jpg

Tupac

As prolific and well-known as he was, I suspect that Pac may have been a little too hard for the Academy. But still, I would think at least two of his albums were worthy of Grammys.

MN-BrianMcKnight.jpg

Brian McKnight

If we can erase almost every uptempo song Brian has ever recorded or released, then we know his catalog is almost…perfect. But as I look through his Grammy noms, I feel like they’ve purposely nominated him for his cornier songs, minus “Still,” “Anytime,” and “Love of My Life.” Brian really should have won a Grammy by now!

MN-New-Edition-378x368.jpg

New Edition

*throws my computer out the window* I was REALLY surprised to read that my favorite child group never won a Grammy. They literally had hit after hit after hit during the 80s and every girl – black and white – wanted at least one of them to herself. I think “N.E. Heartbreak” was their last real chance for a Grammy. NARAS should be ashamed!

Ads by Google

MN-Nas-378x375.jpg

Nas

Before I get into how I feel about this let me say that I will never, EVER forgive Nasir Jones for his verse in the song, “Oochie Wallie.” I kid you not, we haven’t been right since the song came out. But that doesn’t take away the fact that this man should have multiple Grammys. Illmatic was released in 1995 which was before the Best Rap Album category was introduced into the Grammys in 1996; however, since It Was Written came out in 1996, it without a doubt should have won. Real hip-hop just isn’t made for these types of awards.

MN-VanessaWilliams-378x325.jpg

Vanessa Williams

I guess beauty, talent and “it factor” just aren’t enough, huh? I mean, “Save the Best for Last” wasn’t enough for the powers that be?! Do you think that they remember her Penthouse/Miss America fiasco and that’s why she’s never won? That couldn’t be it, right?

MN-DMX-357x414.jpg

DMX

Yes, he’s crazy but even with all that, he was loved for many years by most music lovers. It’s Dark and Hell Is Hot is an album that, in my opinion, was too deep for its own good. They should have showed the man some respect during his more formidable hip-hop years.

MN-NotoriousBIG-378x360.jpg

Notorious B.I.G

Ahhhh, Brooklyn’s Finest. I probably could have used the entire article to talk about all the ways I love B.I.G but that would have been boring, huh? Some would say that he didn’t “peak” in time to get a Grammy which would be odd because he peaked “enough” to get a nomination. Perhaps there were just too many drug and sexual references.

http://madamenoire.com/136860/star-snubs-talented-artists-that-never-won-a-grammy/2/

I remember hearing that Bob Marley never got a Grammy when he was alive and the same goes for Jimi Hendrix as well. Thats more crazy to me than Tupac and Biggie.

The Grammys are conservative, I'm a die hard fan of Janet's so you know 1991 when Rhythm Nation should have been up for a lot of awards and won, guess who took home album of the year for 1990? Quincy Jones "Back on the Block" *look it up* :coffee:

One of the reasons Diana never won one is because at the height of her fame she was going up against people like Aretha, Gladys, Dionne, Chaka and Natalie Cole. It was basically Icon vs. Icon and Aretha was usually the victor. But in all honesty Diana's music has gone on to be more timeless than some of those other divas and the Grammy board is feeling a little embarassed that they never honored her at all. Not even for her biggest singles like "endless love" and "aint no mountain high enough". Meanwhile these new chicks got 5 and 6 grammy's on their mantle. :rolleyes:

One of the reasons Diana never won one is because at the height of her fame she was going up against people like Aretha, Gladys, Dionne, Chaka and Natalie Cole. It was basically Icon vs. Icon and Aretha was usually the victor. But in all honesty Diana's music has gone on to be more timeless than some of those other divas and the Grammy board is feeling a little embarassed that they never honored her at all. Not even for her biggest singles like "endless love" and "aint no mountain high enough". Meanwhile these new chicks got 5 and 6 grammy's on their mantle. :rolleyes:

:clapping: :clapping: a Grammy today<<<<<<<<< yesterday's Grammy tho :filenails:

There was so much cometition back in the day but Tupac got robbed, he was too real for award shows. He had the highest selling album in 1996 and released 3 #1 albums back to back yet he didn't win 1 grammy...mmkay

It speaks volumes that Beyonce and Kanye have almost 20 and MJ has 13(8 from 1 year), Mariah 5 and Janet 5.

There was so much cometition back in the day but Tupac got robbed, he was too real for award shows. He had the highest selling album in 1996 and released 3 #1 albums back to back yet he didn't win 1 grammy...mmkay

It speaks volumes that Beyonce and Kanye have almost 20 and MJ has 13(8 from 1 year), Mariah 5 and Janet 5.

Kanye is a Producer as well as a rapper, so he eligable for more grammy's that the average artist. So I can see him having 20.

Now for Beyonce......I got nothing :wtf:

Some were well earned, especially for her first album. But "single ladies" beating "pretty wings" for best R&B song!!! :umm:

No SIR!

Kanye is a Producer as well as a rapper, so he eligable for more grammy's that the average artist. So I can see him having 20.

Now for Beyonce......I got nothing :wtf:

Some were well earned, especially for her first album. But "single ladies" beating "pretty wings" for best R&B song!!! :umm:

No SIR!

they like Beyonce tho :umm:

Like AED said, it was really competitive back in the day to get a grammy. Although it's still a respected award show, it's lost some of it's luster. That's why there were changes to the categories to make it harder for artists to win. When you have someone like Adele who seem tailor made for the grammy's and other artists who are way commercialized, it really isn't a contest.

Like AED said, it was really competitive back in the day to get a grammy. Although it's still a respected award show, it's lost some of it's luster. That's why there were changes to the categories to make it harder for artists to win. When you have someone like Adele who seem tailor made for the grammy's and other artists who are way commercialized, it really isn't a contest.

:yep:

Archived