Gene Simmons Disses Rihanna

lexus97

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/kiss-motley-crue-summer-2012-tour_n_1369303.html?ref=topbar

Iconic rock bands KISS and Motley Crue announced their 40-date North American summer 2012 tour on Tuesday -- conveniently titled "The Tour" -- but they caused an even bigger stir when KISS frontman Gene Simmons dissed pop star Rihanna.

"We're sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them," Simmons told the crowd at the press conference, reports Billboard.com. "No fake bull***t. Leave that to the Rihanna, Shmianna and anyone who ends their name with an 'A.'"

Motley Crue's Tommy Lee seconded Simmons' strong opinions, explaining that he's frustrated by the quality of performances -- and artists -- he now sees at award shows.

"No disrespect to Rihanna, she's a great singer, but we're in a slump for some s**t that has some personality and appeal beyond a bunch of pop stuff that's floating around out there," he told Billboard.com. "I'm glad he said that actually because I don't think I can bear watching another f**king award show that is just a little bit better than 'American Idol.' It's f**king pathetic to watch people go out and f**king karaoke with a bunch of lights and video. It's all completely watered down."

This isn't the first time the KISS frontman has dissed modern pop music. Simmons was not impressed with Madonna's Super Bowl halftime show and publicly claimed that it would be better off with a "real band."

For more information on KISS and Motley Crue's "The Tour," including tour dates and interviews with the rockers, head to Billboard.com.

CHILE GO SIT YOUR OLD ASSES DOWN SOMEWHERE :rolleyes:

Gene Simmons is an ass he did an interview on NPR's radio talk show called Fresh Air, and the interviewer, Terri Gross, said he was the rudest person she has ever interviewed and that the interview drew 100's of calls and emails complaining about how he treated her. Let me find that damn interview it was baaaadddd.

you should take a listen he was waaaaaayyyyyy outta line.

"No fake bull***t. Leave that to the Rihanna, Shmianna and anyone who ends their name with an 'A.'"

It's f**king pathetic to watch people go out and f**king karaoke with a bunch of lights and video. It's all completely watered down."

Am I the only one that see a possible Madonna diss in this? :unsure:

no I caught that with the "A" >_< Madonna got these gurls and boys shook honey, they can't even sit down and do an interview that's about them and not bring her into it....so reductive :rolleyes:

no I caught that with the "A" >_< Madonna got these gurls and boys shook honey, they can't even sit down and do an interview that's about them and not bring her into it....so reductive :rolleyes:

Well she started it with the slick Janet references.

No he flat out dissed madonna and her Superbowl show also

:cheer: I thought my spider-sense was acting up for a moment.

Well she started it with the slick Janet references.

:cheer: I thought my spider-sense was acting up for a moment.

I actually think Janet took the high road and dispite wanting her to come back at her, I think Janet played her cards very well. The album MDNA is okay, it's not her best, it's better than her last, and it will keep her fans pleased so expect her to do well. Janet on the other hand if you read the very first paragraph on her wikipedia page I think it says it all and nothing else needs to be said.

Having sold over 100 million records, she is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music.[1] The Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) lists her as the eleventh best-selling female artist in the United States, with 26 million certified albums.[2] In 2008, Billboard magazine released its list of the Hot 100 All-Time Top Artists, ranking her at number seven. In 2010, the magazine announced the "Top 50 R&B / Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years", ranking her at number five. One of the world's most awarded artists, her longevity, records and achievements reflect her influence in shaping and redefining the scope of popular music. She has been cited as an inspiration among numerous performers.

He did that 1st, he told the TMZ camera people pretty much word for word the same thing when they asked his thoughts on doing the Super Bowl.

(I thought he specifically lumped Janet in there too with Madonna but that was somebody else)

Gene Simmons is an ass he did an interview on NPR's radio talk show called Fresh Air, and the interviewer, Terri Gross, said he was the rudest person she has ever interviewed and that the interview drew 100's of calls and emails complaining about how he treated her. Let me find that damn interview it was baaaadddd.

you should take a listen he was waaaaaayyyyyy outta line.

What an ass! :mellow:

he kinda has a point tho..... Not that i think he's great... But tours are getting a bit too much blah and too little talent....

in a few years we will be watching some mega high tech stage tha opens and rotates and does back flips while the artist are somewhere in the back lipsyncing to their hits just to leave the stage after 2 songs to change into something else and half ass perform another 2 songs.. with the projections doing 80% of the work

The best concerts lately i've been to are the ones in small theaters with artists just being artists and singing their hearts out... (Sia, Adele, Jamie Woon, Rox, etc)

he kinda has a point tho..... Not that i think he's great... But tours are getting a bit too much blah and too little talent....

in a few years we will be watching some mega high tech stage tha opens and rotates and does back flips while the artist are somewhere in the back lipsyncing to their hits just to leave the stage after 2 songs to change into something else and half ass perform another 2 songs.. with the projections doing 80% of the work

The best concerts lately i've been to are the ones in small theaters with artists just being artists and singing their hearts out... (Sia, Adele, Jamie Woon, Rox, etc)

in a few yrs? :unsure: ch.....madonna has been doing that for years

Archived