Rodney King found dead at the bottom of his pool

jarrylf

We are sad to report that Rodney King has passed away at the age of 47.

The man who was at the center of the infamous Los Angeles riots was found dead this morning by his fiancee at the bottom of a pool in Rialito, CA.

According to reports from TMZ, law enforcement sources say they responded to a call at 5:25 AM PT.

They then physically removed King from the pool and attempted CPR. He was pronounced dead at 6:11 AM.

According to MSNBC he had recently been promoting his just-published memoir "The Riot Within: My Journey From Rebellion to Redemption."

**UPDATE**

Reuters sent out an update stating that no foul play was suspected in Rodney's death.

http://globalgrind.com/news/rodney-king-dead-47-death

Sorry to hear this, Im a fan of Dr.Drew's Celebrity Rehab, and I was rooting for him, and he had a hell of alot of demons on his back to fight, it seemed like he was really trying. R.I.P.

he did all dat? :unsure:

mmm hmm him and his fiance were smoking and drinking but she took her ass to bed around 2. I guess he wanted to relax by the pool and maybe he either decided to go for a swim and drowned or he fell in and drowned