Bus monitor bullied by kids

Kim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAgti_2uziA

Middle schoolers bully bus monitor, 68, with stream of profanity, jeers

A profanity-laced video of middle school students in upstate New York verbally abusing a bus monitor is sparking an outpouring of support as strangers worldwide rally to her side.

Students taunt Karen Klein, 68, with a stream of profanity, insults, jeers and physical ridicule in the back of Bus 784. Some boys demand to know her address, saying they want to come to her house to perform sexual acts and steal from her. Another says, "You're so fat."

One comment from a boy aboard the bus appears especially painful. He tells her that she does not have family because "they all killed themselves because they didn't want to be near you."

Klein's oldest son took his own life 10 years ago, according to CNN affiliate WHAM.

The bullying continues unabated for about 10 minutes in the video, as a giggling student jabs Klein's arm with a book. Recorded on by a student with a cell phone camera on Monday -- the students' second-to-last day of school -- the brazen example of bullying went viral and spurred international outrage.

The video prompted an outpouring of support and a fundraiser by international crowd-funding website indiegogo.com that had gathered more than $321,000 by 5:15 p.m. Thursday. The site says she earns about $15,000 a year.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/21/us/new-york-bullied-bus-monitor/index.html

----

That is so sad. What the hell is wrong with kids today? They're bullying grandmas now? smh

I can't watch the video because I know it'll just upset me. So sad to hear about things like this happening. I'm glad about all the financial support she's been receiving though. Restores my faith in humanity just a little bit.

By the way, who is gonna beat those brats' asses?