He just likes to do it in a dress. Big deal."

lexus97

You dumbasses are stuck so far up each other's asses that you missed the whole fucking point. This child did not just CHOOSE to go against society and simply rrebell just for the sake of "going against society"....This might be a FEELING, something you can't fight, like homosexuality. You guys are going just as extreme as those who want to counter an argument about homosexuality by putting them on the same level of pedophilia and bestiality. This family will not let YOU, no matter what level of childhood develpment courses you take. Which means squat when you don't understand and can't defrentiate what someone feels versus what society wants you to feel, say, do and especially how to act.

You're missing the point Ms. Straw Man Fallacy. Me and Nuk are saying that the boy wearing a dress is going to cause problems in the immediate future and in later years. Send a boy to school wearing a dress and see if he doesn't get teased, harassed, or even bullied. That harassment will later resonate into his adult years and cause a midlife crisis. Like Xternal said, parents need to stop trying to be friends, and be parents. NOW is the time to step in and "correct" this child before its too late. When it's too late, he'll be marginalized and will end up on suicide watch.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This child did not just CHOOSE to go against society and simply rrebell just for the sake of "going against society"....This might be a FEELING, something you can't fight, like homosexuality. You guys are going just as extreme as those who want to counter an argument about homosexuality by putting them on the same level of pedophilia and bestiality. This family will not let YOU, no matter what level of childhood develpment courses you take. Which means squat when you don't understand and can't defrentiate what someone feels versus what society wants you to feel, say, do and especially how to act.

Like you said this is a child. Children dig up their noses and play in toilets, and touch dirty ass stray alley cats because they are children and they don't know certain things...Thats what parents are for. To stir them in the right direction, and tossing them to the wolves in a dress to be ridiculed and more than likely psycholgically damaged for life is not stirring them in the right direction.

You've failed :fail:

There are always going be pros and cons in making a decision, and then their are compromised. I truely believe that sending a 5 year old boy out in pretty pink dresses because it makes him 'happy' is a situation when the cons far out weight the pros. A compromise could be letting him do it in the privacy of his home, and being supportive and when he is old enough to understand and make resposible decisions then communicate with him and support him.

You are not understanding how fragile the psyche of a 5 year old is. We're not saying males shouldn't wear dresses, we're saying 5 year old males shouldn't wear dresses in public, on the internet, On Television, etc.

WHO said that the boy or his parents were trying to start a revolution????? Did they say they were going out pushing for change for all? They are just living their lives and want the boy to live his. AND I understood everything Nuk said....of course there would be bullying and he will face marginalization. You all keep saying the parents should make him wait to do it. How about the parents let the boy grow and make that decision for himself. If he is not strong enough to handle it outdoors, then he will make the decision not to wear dresses outdoors. The parents will support any decision that he makes. You all are talking about the psychological effects of him dressing up like a girl so young, but what about the psychological effects the boy may face when he realizes that he can only be himself indoors...he will eventually come to the idea that the way he is, is not acceptable and should be hidden, which could lead to mental health issues just as well. I know how it feels to suppress certain actions, because I learned from family members and society that boys shouldn't really like feminine things...I actually remember dressing up as a child like a girl and not necessarily liking sports. Even though I grew out of dressing up like a girl...that feeling of inferiority (that I wasn't always masculine enough) never left me. To this day I still deal with that. So suppressing one's nature, even for their protection, can do just as much harm mentally.

And I just got way too personal... :sigh:

Because children crave structure. And as Xternal said, parents need to be parents, and not friends. If you let a child run rampant and let them choose their own paths, it will lead to destruction. Children need direction in life, and I'm not here for the laissez-faire parenting style. If you don't give your child direction in life, they will be mindless sheep all through life on a wild goose chase that leads nowhere.

You're missing the point Ms. Straw Man Fallacy. Me and Nuk are saying that the boy wearing a dress is going to cause problems in the immediate future and in later years. Send a boy to school wearing a dress and see if he doesn't get teased, harassed, or even bullied. That harassment will later resonate into his adult years and cause a midlife crisis. Like Xternal said, parents need to stop trying to be friends, and be parents. NOW is the time to step in and "correct" this child before its too late. When it's too late, he'll be marginalized and will end up on suicide watch.

....or homicide watch cause I'm telling you if he walks up to me talking about he is hungry for human liver I'm sending him to Jodi's house. :dance::dance::dance:

guys, i luv the debate feels like old times :excited:

do you think the mom is really trying to change society or just share her experience with other parents? come on now I don't think she really thinks she can change society she said she felt like she needed to share what her family was experiencing with other families

Honestly her story doesn't compare to the family that were on the Tyra Show who were raising transgender kids. The lady's kid just like to wear pretty clothing will the families on the show had lil girls who were telling them they were a boy and looked like one and vise versa.

WHO said that the boy or his parents were trying to start a revolution????? Did they say they were going out pushing for change for all? They are just living their lives and want the boy to live his. AND I understood everything Nuk said....of course there would be bullying and he will face marginalization. You all keep saying the parents should make him wait to do it. How about the parents let the boy grow and make that decision for himself. If he is not strong enough to handle it outdoors, then he will make the decision not to wear dresses outdoors. The parents will support any decision that he makes. You all are talking about the psychological effects of him dressing up like a girl so young, but what about the psychological effects the boy may face when he realizes that he can only be himself indoors...he will eventually come to the idea that the way he is, is not acceptable and should be hidden, which could lead to mental health issues just as well. I know how it feels to suppress certain actions, because I learned from family members and society that boys shouldn't really like feminine things...I actually remember dressing up as a child like a girl and not necessarily liking sports. Even though I grew out of dressing up like a girl...that feeling of inferiority (that I wasn't always masculine enough) never left me. To this day I still deal with that. So suppressing one's nature, even for their protection, can do just as much harm mentally.

And I just got way too personal... :sigh:

As parents you've gotta make decisions...You gotta weigh the pros and the cons...

And in this situation of making his ass wear a dress in the house only the pros far outweight the cons...

So what color dresses did you wear :shifty:

Honestly her story doesn't compare to the family that were on the Tyra Show who were raising transgender kids. The lady's kid just like to wear pretty clothing will the families on the show had lil girls who were telling them they were a boy and looked like one and vise versa.

But he is 5 :unsure:

Because children crave structure. And as Xternal said, parents need to be parents, and not friends. If you let a child run rampant and let them choose their own paths, it will lead to destruction. Children need direction in life, and I'm not here for the laissez-faire parenting style. If you don't give your child direction in life, they will be mindless sheep all through life on a wild goose chase that leads nowhere.

omg yes!!!so true. My kids told me when they were younger like 10 and 15 maybe cant exactly remember

"we have no rules" should u give us some rules? :unsure: i was like :wtf: but they were good kids. so after that i gave them rules just because :coffee: true story

....or homicide watch cause I'm telling you if he walks up to me talking about he is hungry for human liver I'm sending him to Jodi's house. :dance::dance::dance:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can tell these ppl have never taken a course in psychology or child development. The boy is in his most crucial stages of life. Now is the time for child rearing. Not to mention, this may evolve into something else. And if we want to bring gender roles into this, the boy will start to assume female roles since he relates to them more being that he's already in a dress. Watch what happens when he starts wearing make up. Watch when he starts wearing heels outside. Watch when he starts taking estrogen pills. Before you know it, you'll have another Ru Paul. A confused adult that had no structure or direction as a child from his parents.

omg yes!!!so true. My kids told me when they were younger like 10 and 15 maybe cant exactly remember

"we have no rules" should u give us some rules? :unsure: i was like :wtf: but they were good kids. so after that i gave them rules just because :coffee: true story

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was the same way growing up. Some of my friends had the strictest rules (curfews, couldn't watch certain shows, etc) and I wondered why my parents never gave me those same rules.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was the same way growing up. Some of my friends had the strictest rules (curfews, couldn't watch certain shows, etc) and I wondered why my parents never gave me those same rules.

:lol: :lol: smart azz kids..probably cuss u werent bad and took advantage of your parents. mine get disciplined as needed and to be honesty my son only got beat by his dad once and so did our daughter him cuss he got his bike stolen after his dad told him not to ride it to the store and she got a beat down for talking to a boy on the phone late at night :lmao: after that she didnt talk to a boy on the phone for like 3 years :lmao: i dont think i ever physically beat them but i will cuss them out and not give them something they may ask for :coffee:

I would allow my kid to wear whatever they wanted in the safety of my home.....if they wanted to walk around butt ass naked w/ a helmet on eating applesauce w/ a butterknife, they could do that..... because I and their father could protect them, and home is just that, home....whatever fantasy or reality they choose to pursue is ok as long as their actions are NOT harming themselves and/or others... outside of those doors, I can't say that I could protect them....I wouldn't candy coat anything about the reality of people...thats not fair to a kid in any situation.... I would explain that people are sometimes harsh, hypocritical, insecure, and just foolish....I can't control that....

How is allowing your child to dress a certain way make them friends and not parents? I'm not saying they should let the child walk around in a thong, some pasties, or lingerie...but a dress, skirt, necklace, and some blush is not going to lead them on a mindless path. I do think it's important for the parents to talk with the child and inform them on how society is though.

:lol: :lol: smart azz kids..probably cuss u werent bad and took advantage of your parents. mine get disciplined as needed and to be honesty my son only got beat by his dad once and so did our daughter him cuss he got his bike stolen after his dad told him not to ride it to the store and she got a beat down for talking to a boy on the phone late at night :lmao: after that she didnt talk to a boy on the phone for like 3 years :lmao: i dont think i ever physically beat them but i will cuss them out and not give them something they may ask for :coffee:

Well I had my moments ( :shifty: ), I was never bad at home. School, however, is another story. :lol: Come to think of it, I can never recall myself getting in trouble for something I did in the neighborhood growing up. :unsure: School however... :lmao:

As parents you've gotta make decisions...You gotta weigh the pros and the cons...

And in this situation of making his ass wear a dress in the house only the pros far outweight the cons...

So what color dresses did you wear :shifty:

You can't necessarily prove that for every child that suppressing their nature is less psychologically damaging than dealing with it in the open. You can't always say that.

And I don't know.... :umm:

How is allowing your child to dress a certain way make them friends and not parents? I'm not saying they should let the child walk around in a thong, some pasties, or lingerie...but a dress, skirt, necklace, and some blush is not going to lead them on a mindless path. I do think it's important for the parents to talk with the child and inform them on how society is though.

Okay, you just contradicted yourself. :lol: How are you gonna say there's nothing wrong with the boy wearing the dress, then turn around and say it's important for parents to educate their children on society? :lol: By doing so, the parent is basically telling the child that what they're doing isn't right. :lol: You can't have your cake and eat it too. Friends will let you wear whatever you want. I can speak from personal experience. I took my sister, who is currently 17...I think :unsure: , to her friend's house to go to a party. They took pictures, and put them up on facebook. My sister was wearing a tube top and shorts. Surely her friends thought it was okay. But my mom was not pleased. Do you see the difference?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can tell these ppl have never taken a course in psychology or child development. The boy is in his most crucial stages of life. Now is the time for child rearing. Not to mention, this may evolve into something else. And if we want to bring gender roles into this, the boy will start to assume female roles since he relates to them more being that he's already in a dress. Watch what happens when he starts wearing make up. Watch when he starts wearing heels outside. Watch when he starts taking estrogen pills. Before you know it, you'll have another Ru Paul. A confused adult that had no structure or direction as a child from his parents.

Then there is always uncle pediphile... :shifty:

its one in every family and when he sees that boy in that dress he gonna want to put him on his knee... ;)

We are talking about a 5 year old...A parent should be teaching them how to read, write their name, not pee in the bed, and tie their shoes...

Whether or not he wears a dress to school should not even be in the equation...Thats an easy "hell no!"...and "Have you lost your god damned mind?"

these kids is too god damned grown any damn way. 5 years old talking about 'can I wear a dress to schcool'. I blame the jersey shore. :rolleyes:

That's the one I thought this was about..we discussed about that one on the other board...that's why I didn't read any of these dissertations and tomfoolery. :coffee:

I know that :mellow: I was telling Lexus that their story of a 5 y.o. drag queen doesn't compare to the families that have kids from the ages of 5 to 11 who kids are transgender.

Who are these 5 to 11 year old transgender people and who are their parents? I don't know these people :mellow:

I'm from the old skool and there are some decisions that a child needs to make when they are 18...Cutting off their balls, sewing up their va jay jay, getting fake titties(females includes), nose jobs, etc. are some of those.

Archived