He just likes to do it in a dress. Big deal."

lexus97

It has to start somewhere...legislation doesn't usually happen until the people in power see enough people support it, and/or feel they're jobs aren't jeopardy in the next elections if they support or campaign for it(i.e politics).

Like I said before, change doesn't start until someone, somewhere stands up and say this shit ain't right.

There are the people you named and THOUSANDS, perhaps MILLIONS of others unknown individuals who stood up, and or were the first to take a stand and lost their life or were persecuted tremendously for going against what society says is "right". It has to start somewhere and with someone...that's always the root of change and how it starts.

If those people hadn't been the first to take a stand, before the legislation was passed, in essence those things I brought up could STILL be in place for people like you and I. It has to START SOMEWHERE.

..and again feminine gays are marginalized again because of what I said before on THIS very topic. Because of society's views about masculine and femininity. Again, going back to my "can a guy be bisexual" thread...gay men, bisexual men, or someone who even admits to experimenting in the past are AUTOMATICALLY seen as weak, no matter if we're "straight-acting" or feminine...we're seen as emasculated individuals because of who we're attracted to.

Again what is the difference between this boy wanting to wear a dress and a girl being a tomboy? Nothing... Except social constructs...over time we've have accepted that girls go through this phase and usually grow out it to become what society perceives as "normal" females.

Yes, we know how society will treat this boy...but that's the WHOLE POINT of the argument. If someone, somewhere doesn't take a stand...change can't take place.

Okay, yes change has to start somewhere, but like I said, you don't go about change in the most unconventional means. That shit don't work. :rolleyes: That's how you get shot. :rolleyes: In America, you have to slowly implement change. You can just put a boy outside in a dress and expect for ppl not to marginalize or ostracize him. If you send a 5 year old or any child under the age of 12 to school in a dress it's going to cause problems for the child, the other students, the teacher, and just about everyone. Talk about the elphant in the room. :umm:

There is a CLEAR difference between this scenario and a tomboy. :mellow: It is widely accepted for a woman to wear pants. It's widely accepted for a woman to play sports. Just look at the WNBA. It's widely accepted for women to work 9-5s. You're sitting up here acting like a woman wearing pants and Crips and Bloods doing drive bys in bagging pants and 6-inch pumps are on the same parallel. Being a tomboy and a boy wearing a dress are NOT one in the same. That's not even a reversed argument. But look how long it took for these things to happen. During the 1500s and 1600s, for example, it was damn near a sin for a woman to be seen in public with her ankles showing. Nowadays we have women damn near walking around with just a thong on. A woman being a tomboy, and a boy wearing the a dress are not one in the same.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't mistake strength with foolishness or weakness with common sense.

And the lack of common sense and good decision making obvious eludes your dumb ass completely...

You don't change society by making stupid decisions and a fool of yourself and sacrificing a 5 year old's sanity in the process. You change it by choosing you battles wisely.

And I'm done on that subject...Ya'll send ya'll boys to school in a dress and parade them all over the internet at 5 if ya'll want but just don't be mad when they confused, abused and fucked up in the head later in life...

Cause its worth it right? B)

You are STILL missing the whole point. Because you are too stuck on pleasing society. Some don't try to CHANGE society. We choose not to FOLLOW society and let it dictate who we should be and what we are. You are speaking straight from your ass. I have had experiences with stories like this you dumb ass. I know two transgendered people who got a heavy beating when they were young from their parents because they liked to do "girl" things and they were told they are not "SUPPOSED" to do girl things because "BOYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BOYS"....These kids went through hell because they weren't accepted by their FAMILY, they felt worthless and hated. They rebelled and had to fight this battle alone..You have ZERO understanding about how the human mind works, how people's feelings work, and how weak people like you are. This kid is gonna turn out just fine whether he gets over this or not. He needs his family's support and as long as he has that...He's not gonna be that affected...FUCK SOCIETY...I'm going more on common sense than you will ever because that is exactly what you like. You base life on what others dictate. It clearly shows based on the crap you spew on a daily basis on this board. It amazes me how some gay people on this board bitch and moan about acceptance when they themselves are judgmental, critical, and bigoted on issues that they don't agree with. You Nuk are nothing but an Elizabeth Hasslebeck...

guys, i luv the debate feels like old times :excited:

do you think the mom is really trying to change society or just share her experience with other parents? come on now I don't think she really thinks she can change society she said she felt like she needed to share what her family was experiencing with other families

Okay, yes change has to start somewhere, but like I said, you don't go about change in the most unconventional means. That shit don't work. :rolleyes: That's how you get shot. :rolleyes: In America, you have to slowly implement change. You can just put a boy outside in a dress and expect for ppl not to marginalize or ostracize him. If you send a 5 year old or any child under the age of 12 to school in a dress it's going to cause problems for the child, the other students, the teacher, and just about everyone. Talk about the elphant in the room. :umm:

There is a CLEAR difference between this scenario and a tomboy. :mellow:It is widely accepted for a woman to wear pants. It's widely accepted for a woman to play sports. Just look at the WNBA. It's widely accepted for women to work 9-5s. But look how long it took for these things to happen. During the 1500s and 1600s, for example, it was damn near a sin for a woman to be seen in public with her ankles showing. Nowadays we have women damn near walking around with just a thong on. You're sitting up here acting like a woman wearing pants and Crips and Bloods doing drive bys in bagging pants and 6-inch pumps are on the same parallel. Being a tomboy and a boy wearing a dress are NOT one in the same. That's not even a reversed argument.

That goes back to what I'm saying...change has to start somewhere. In your example, you could say it started with a women being bold enough to rail against society standard and show her ankles in public...it's simple but that's a start (that applies to your example only).

That can be applied to slavery...it took those known, the unknown, and forgotten individuals (those you mentioned earlier) to begin the fight...that brings us to this very moment in time. Society is slow to change, yes... but it's those people who decide to go against the norm and what society views as "wrong" that create the pathway to change.

Yes, we accept that a woman can wear pants, play "male-associated" sports, but someone, somewhere (that time has forgotten) was the first take that stand...that lead to where we are today. This situation is no different.

As I'm reading the thread (on page 10 now), Nuk is actually shitting on ya'll's arguments. Everything he is saying is true. :lol:

It's clear some of you have never take a course in Psychology and/or Child Development.

Um...No honey....Maybe just to people who ride societie's dick. It's clear to me that you never took a course in Psychology and or Child Development. Kids go through phases, and if you shame them for it. You WILL cause more damage than you think, instead of showing support and EXPLAINING things to them. there is a way to explain things to a five year old. Most people like Nuk are just idiotic and stupid enough to believe that a five year old dosen't have a brain and can actually have FEELINGS.

do you think the mom is really trying to change society or just share her experience with other parents? come on now I don't think she really thinks she can change society she said she felt like she needed to share what her family was experiencing with other families

No, I don't think she's consciously trying to change society. lol

That goes back to what I'm saying...change has to start somewhere. In your example, you could say it started with a women being bold enough to rail against society standard and show her ankles in public...it's simple but that's a start (that applies to your example only).

That can be applied to slavery...it took those known, the unknown, and forgotten individuals (those you mentioned earlier) to begin the fight...that brings us to this very moment in time. Society is slow to change, yes... but it's those people who decide to go against the norm and what society views as "wrong" that create the pathway to change.

Yes, we accept that a woman can wear pants, play "male-associated" sports, but someone, somewhere (that time has forgotten) was the first take that stand...that lead to where we are today. This situation is no different.

PREACH!!! :dance:

I don't think mom is trying to change society. These situations are more common than people think. This is ONE way of handling it. Sometimes for kids...What they can't have is what they fight the most to get. I think this is more about her son.

Because it was just that funny. B) And I'll laugh some more later on too. B)

DEATH @ him going up against society like it's going to change 400+ years worth of structure. American societal standards didn't come to fruition overnight. It took well over 400 years of influence, shaping, and evolution to get where societal standards are today. You may think that him putting on a dress now doesn't have an affect on him now, but the American Psychological Association would definitely disagree. :lol: Please don't make me pull out my Psych book and school you girls. :lol:

This has NOTHING to do with "Going up against society"...you and Nuk are so goddamned stupid. If you base your bullshit on going against society..That only proves that HOMOSEXUALITY is wrong. END OF STORY...GUYS SHOULD BE WITH GUYS, GIRLS SHOULD BE WITH GIRLS. IF YOU THINK OR DO OTHERWISE, THEN YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EXIST.

:dance:

It has to start somewhere...legislation doesn't usually happen until the people in power see enough people support it, and/or feel they're jobs aren't jeopardy in the next elections if they support or campaign for it(i.e politics).

Like I said before, change doesn't start until someone, somewhere stands up and say this shit ain't right.

There are the people you named and THOUSANDS, perhaps MILLIONS of others unknown individuals who stood up, and or were the first to take a stand and lost their life or were persecuted tremendously for going against what society says is "right". It has to start somewhere and with someone...that's always the root of change and how it starts.

If those people hadn't been the first to take a stand, before the legislation was passed, in essence those things I brought up could STILL be in place for people like you and I. It has to START SOMEWHERE.

..and again feminine gays are marginalized again because of what I said before on THIS very topic. Because of society's views about masculine and femininity. Again, going back to my "can a guy be bisexual" thread...gay men, bisexual men, or someone who even admits to experimenting in the past are AUTOMATICALLY seen as weak, no matter if we're "straight-acting" or feminine...we're seen as emasculated individuals because of who we're attracted to.

Again what is the difference between this boy wanting to wear a dress and a girl being a tomboy? Nothing... Except social constructs...over time we've have accepted that girls go through this phase and usually grow out it to become what society perceives as "normal" females.

Yes, we know how society will treat this boy...but that's the WHOLE POINT of the argument. If someone, somewhere doesn't take a stand...change can't take place.

Do you even realize the boy is 5? :coffee:

I don't think this fact is registering :blink:

And men in dresses are nothing new anymore....A boy in a dress is doing too much. :coffee:

I don't think mom is trying to change society. These situations are more common than people think. This is ONE way of handling it. Sometimes for kids...What they can't have is what they fight the most to get. I think this is more about her son.

exactly. i think she feels it works for her. she said not allowing him to wear his dress it made him sad . now as a parent no one wants to make there child sad over such a simple think. but i do agree with nuk that i would not allow it outside the home. im sorry he can do it at home but i will not allow him out in public like that so the assholes in this world can point and laugh at him. no way! I wouls talk to him and explain to him that that cannot go on when we leave the house and like you say a 5 yr old can understand that.he has to have rules and boundaries. dont know if this kid is throwing fits or not over the dress but he would have to follow my rules

But like I said, those aren't farfetched approaches. Do you really think there's going to be a day when no one turns the cheek to a boy wearing baggy jeans and a halter top? :mellow: Like I said, there's a reason why there's women's clothing, and men's clothing. Clothing in general will never be unisex. Society needs lines of differentiation. If we didn't have them, we'd be discombobulated and unorganized. There are some societal standards that need not be broken down. Some of the concepts and ideas that differ men and women are needed. We need structure. We need boundaries. We need these things to help shape our lives.

Um...No honey....Maybe just to people who ride societie's dick. It's clear to me that you never took a course in Psychology and or Child Development. Kids go through phases, and if you shame them for it. You WILL cause more damage than you think, instead of showing support and EXPLAINING things to them. there is a way to explain things to a five year old. Most people like Nuk are just idiotic and stupid enough to believe that a five year old dosen't have a brain and can actually have FEELINGS.

:yep:

exactly. i think she feels it works for her. she said not allowing him to wear his dress it made him sad . now as a parent no one wants to make there child sad over such a simple think. but i do agree with nuk that i would not allow it outside the home. im sorry he can do it at home but i will not allow him out in public like that so the assholes in this world can point and laugh at him. no way! I wouls talk to him and explain to him that that cannot go on when we leave the house and like you say a 5 yr old can understand that.he has to have rules and boundaries. dont know if this kid is throwing fits or not over the dress but he would have to follow my rules

I acutally agree with NUK in a sense. I wouldn't know if I would let my son out of the house if he chose to do this myself. I would fear how others would treat him. Once again and for the MILLIONTH time. That is what and why I admire this particular family. I think they are actually doing what's in the best interest of the child. Not what THEY feel, fear, or what society dictates. But Nuk and his little cock sucking follower don't get it.

But like I said, those aren't farfetched approaches. Do you really think there's going to be a day when no one turns the cheek to a boy wearing baggy jeans and a halter top? :mellow: Like I said, there's a reason why there's women's clothing, and men's clothing. Clothing in general will never be unisex. Society needs lines of differentiation. If we didn't have them, we'd be discombobulated and unorganized. There are some societal standards that need not be broken down. Some of the concepts and ideas that differ men and women are needed. We need structure. We need boundaries. We need these things to help shape our lives.

What do you mean?

For their time they were FAR FAR FETCHED APPROACHES...which is people were persecuted even killed for being bold enough to go against society standards.

The woman in your example that railed against the rule that women can't show their ankles may have been persecuted horribly or even killed. That doesn't mean their actions weren't important in the grand scheme of bring us to this point in time...again someone has to stand up before a pathway to change is created.

and for you to say "here are some societal standards that need not be broken down." Is what people have said for GENERATIONS whenever something they are unfamiliar with is challenged.

:dance:

Do you even realize the boy is 5? :coffee:

I don't think this fact is registering :blink:

And men in dresses are nothing new anymore....A boy in a dress is doing too much. :coffee:

I realize he is 5...the point being made is that he is 5, and because of social constructs, he isn't being allowed to go through what is just a simply phase...or something more profound in his life in the future.

I'm not saying he as a five year old, or his parents are trying to change the world...the subject encompasses more than that.

I acutally agree with NUK in a sense. I wouldn't know if I would let my son out of the house if he chose to do this myself. I would fear how others would treat him. Once again and for the MILLIONTH time. That is what and why I admire this particular family. I think they are actually doing what's in the best interest of the child. Not what THEY feel, fear, or what society dictates. But Nuk and his little cock sucking follower don't get it.

hey i guess whatever works for them. i just hope it doesnt backfire on the kid. i know she was asked about that in the interview and she said "well the book has no faces" :mellow: but she had him on national television twirling in a dress wow! that I didnt get. can u say u tube and whatever else is coming down the stream that he will not be able to get away from this in the years to come.

This has NOTHING to do with "Going up against society"...you and Nuk are so goddamned stupid. If you base your bullshit on going against society..That only proves that HOMOSEXUALITY is wrong. END OF STORY...GUYS SHOULD BE WITH GUYS, GIRLS SHOULD BE WITH GIRLS. IF YOU THINK OR DO OTHERWISE, THEN YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EXIST.

Sweetie, I took AP Psychology in high school AND psychology at the college level. Something I doubt you've EVER done. So let's get that ALL the way in before you EVEN try to break cute like you know more than me on this subject, which you do not. The childhood stage is the most important stage of development for children. Like I said, it is when children are taught morals, values, and common societal standards that will shape and mold their lives.

DEATH @ you sitting here thinking society doesn't matter. As a mother, do you allow your children to talk back to you? I bet you do. Why? Because it's a societal standard to respect your elders and authority. Do you teach your children to say please and thank you? I bet you do. Why? Because it's a societal standard to be polite and have mannners. Do you teach your children to behave in school? I bet you do. Why? Because society says good behavior is expected. Now are you really gonna sit there with your face and tears and act like society doesn't matter????

And let's get into your other FLAWED ASS POST. How about you go against society. Raise your children to be deviants, Jodi, since you're so anti-society. How about you go walk outside naked since you're so anti-society. Understand bitches get shot for trying to change shit i.e. MLK, JFK, Reagan, and many others. DEATH @ you saying all he needs is family support but early were crying about society not paying bills. Society not doing this and that. Hunti, who do you think is going to employ him? Society. What do you think is going to determine if he can get a job? Education, which is intertwined in society. What do you think is going to let him live? Society. DEATH @ you bitching and moaning about society dictating lives when we live our lives based on society.

Have plenty seats Jodi.

You are STILL missing the whole point. Because you are too stuck on pleasing society. Some don't try to CHANGE society. We choose not to FOLLOW society and let it dictate who we should be and what we are. You are speaking straight from your ass. I have had experiences with stories like this you dumb ass. I know two transgendered people who got a heavy beating when they were young from their parents because they liked to do "girl" things and they were told they are not "SUPPOSED" to do girl things because "BOYS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BOYS"....These kids went through hell because they weren't accepted by their FAMILY, they felt worthless and hated. They rebelled and had to fight this battle alone..You have ZERO understanding about how the human mind works, how people's feelings work, and how weak people like you are. This kid is gonna turn out just fine whether he gets over this or not. He needs his family's support and as long as he has that...He's not gonna be that affected...FUCK SOCIETY...I'm going more on common sense than you will ever because that is exactly what you like. You base life on what others dictate. It clearly shows based on the crap you spew on a daily basis on this board. It amazes me how some gay people on this board bitch and moan about acceptance when they themselves are judgmental, critical, and bigoted on issues that they don't agree with. You Nuk are nothing but an Elizabeth Hasslebeck...

Girl bye...You play like society doesn't matter but if you was so balls out like you say you wouldn't be married with children with a stable job as a nurse. You are as conviental as they get. You would be living on an edge doing something out of the normal if you was so anti-society.

Secondly, if you think that supporting your 5 year old princess boy is buying them dresses to wear to school so they can be teased beaten and harrassed, and then dragging them around the country on media blitz to support your book you are as crazy as his god damned parents...

And thirdly, its true he might turn out fine, but if you love your 5 year old child and not yourself/you new career as an author/etc. then would you really risk it?

And lastly, he is 5 years old people. Why can't ya'll understand that this is a 5 year old and not a nubian gay warrior to lead the revolution? :wtf:

And thirdly

What do you mean?

For their time they were FAR FAR FETCHED APPROACHES...which is people were persecuted even killed for being bold enough to go against society standards.

The woman in your example that railed against the rule that women can't show their ankles may have been persecuted horribly or even killed. That doesn't mean their actions weren't important in the grand scheme of bring us to this point in time...again someone has to stand up before a pathway to change is created.

and for you to say "here are some societal standards that need not be broken down." Is what people have said for GENERATIONS whenever something they are unfamiliar with is challenged.

Exactly that, women wearing shorts/pants is not a farfetched approach to changing societal standards. A man wearing a dress is an unconventional approach to changing society. It will never work. That's going overboard and you know it. :rolleyes:

Can you really sit here and say a boy wearing a dress wont have an effect on him in his later years? :mellow: Think about how cruel children can be at school. Think about how ppl view men wearing dresses. Can you really say there isn't a problem? :blink:

Sweetie, I took AP Psychology in high school AND psychology at the college level. Something I doubt you've EVER done. So let's get that ALL the way in before you EVEN try to break cute like you know more than me on this subject, which you do not. The childhood stage is the most important stage of development for children. Like I said, it is when children are taught morals, values, and common societal standards that will shape and mold their lives.

DEATH @ you sitting here thinking society doesn't matter. As a mother, do you allow your children to talk back to you? I bet you do. Why? Because it's a societal standard to respect your elders and authority. Do you teach your children to say please and thank you? I bet you do. Why? Because it's a societal standard to be polite and have mannners. Do you teach your children to behave in school? I bet you do. Why? Because society says good behavior is expected. Now are you really gonna sit there with your face and tears and act like society doesn't matter????

And let's get into your other FLAWED ASS POST. How about you go against society. Raise your children to be deviants, Jodi, since you're so anti-society. How about you go walk outside naked since you're so anti-society. Understand bitches get shot for trying to change shit i.e. MLK, JFK, Reagan, and many others. DEATH @ you saying all he needs is family support but early were crying about society not paying bills. Society not doing this and that. Hunti, who do you think is going to employ him? Society. What do you think is going to determine if he can get a job? Education, which is intertwined in society. What do you think is going to let him live? Society. DEATH @ you bitching and moaning about society dictating lives when we live our lives based on society.

Have plenty seats Jodi.

Girl bye...You play like society doesn't matter but if you was so balls out like you say you wouldn't be married with children with a stable job as a nurse. You are as conviental as they get. You would be living on an edge doing something out of the normal if you was so anti-society.

Secondly, if you think that supporting your 5 year old princess boy is buying them dresses to wear to school so they can be teased beaten and harrassed, and then dragging them around the country on media blitz to support your book you are as crazy as his god damned parents...

And thirdly, its true he might turn out fine, but if you love your 5 year old child and not yourself/you new career as an author/etc. then would you really risk it?

And lastly, he is 5 years old people. Why can't ya'll understand that this is a 5 year old and not a nubian gay warrior to lead the revolution? :wtf:

And thirdly

You dumbasses are stuck so far up each other's asses that you missed the whole fucking point. This child did not just CHOOSE to go against society and simply rrebell just for the sake of "going against society"....This might be a FEELING, something you can't fight, like homosexuality. You guys are going just as extreme as those who want to counter an argument about homosexuality by putting them on the same level of pedophilia and bestiality. This family will not let YOU, no matter what level of childhood develpment courses you take. Which means squat when you don't understand and can't defrentiate what someone feels versus what society wants you to feel, say, do and especially how to act.

Exactly that, women wearing shorts/pants is not a farfetched approach to changing societal standards. A man wearing a dress is an unconventional approach to changing society. It will never work. That's going overboard and you know it. :rolleyes:

Can you really sit here and say a boy wearing a dress wont have an effect on him in his later years? :mellow: Think about how cruel children can be at school. Think about how ppl view men wearing dresses. Can you really say there isn't a problem? :blink:

Of course we recognize that. But are you then saying that forcing him to wear pants wont also affect him in a negative way?

Exactly we could play dress up in the comfort or our home. I'll put a damn dress and twirl him if that makes happy...But he ain't waering it to school... :blush:

And thirdly

You betta read her down Nuk! :excited::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: DEATH @ her trying to be anti-society working 40 hours a week, married with 2.5 kids. Bitch is practically living the American Dream! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

DEATH @ her saying there isn't a problem with a boy wearing a dress. But then gives the example of transgenders getting assaulted because of their unconventional appearance. That was nothing but a functioning contradiction which failed as soon as she hit "add reply".

WHO said that the boy or his parents were trying to start a revolution????? Did they say they were going out pushing for change for all? They are just living their lives and want the boy to live his. AND I understood everything Nuk said....of course there would be bullying and he will face marginalization. You all keep saying the parents should make him wait to do it. How about the parents let the boy grow and make that decision for himself. If he is not strong enough to handle it outdoors, then he will make the decision not to wear dresses outdoors. The parents will support any decision that he makes. You all are talking about the psychological effects of him dressing up like a girl so young, but what about the psychological effects the boy may face when he realizes that he can only be himself indoors...he will eventually come to the idea that the way he is, is not acceptable and should be hidden, which could lead to mental health issues just as well. I know how it feels to suppress certain actions, because I learned from family members and society that boys shouldn't really like feminine things...I actually remember dressing up as a child like a girl and not necessarily liking sports. Even though I grew out of dressing up like a girl...that feeling of inferiority (that I wasn't always masculine enough) never left me. To this day I still deal with that. So suppressing one's nature, even for their protection, can do just as much harm mentally.

And I just got way too personal... :sigh:

Archived