STEVEN TYLER QUITS AMERICAN IDOL!!!!

jarrylf

http://www.tmz.com/2012/07/12/steven-tyler-american-idol-leaving/

Steven Tyler will NOT return to the judge's table on "American Idol" ... and has compared the show to a deranged bunny killer.

Tyler completed two full seasons on the show ... beginning in 2010.

Tyler has issued a statement saying, "After some long ... hard ... thoughts ... I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress ‘American Idol’ before she boils my rabbit.”

The comment is a reference to the movie "Fatal Attraction" ... in which an obsessed woman kills her lover's daughter's pet rabbit.

Tyler continued, "I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back – but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass – the ultimate in auditory takeover."

He adds, "On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars. IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it ... Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”

"A.I." co-creator and executive producer Simon Fuller released a statement saying, "I completely understand his desire to get back to his life as the singer in America's greatest-ever rock band. AMERICAN IDOL will miss him!”

WILL THEY JUST PULL THE PLUG ALREADY!?!?!?! JEEZ, there are better competition shows out there (The Voice), with better judges (The Voice), and better talent (The Voice) COME ON, the Idol well's been sucked dry since at least season 5-6 :coffee:

Idol has Seacrest... So they're not going anywhere

:sigh: sad but true, like really sad like I never got the big deal about Seacrest, he'd make a funny every now & then but....idk, his work as a producer far exceeds his work as a host. Like tho he's brought mostly trash to TV, it's trash thats gettin them rattings and him millions.

Idol might be stale but it still out-rates every other talent show in America. This worries me, though, because if J.Lo leaves it will make them desperate to go after big name judges. I'd hate to think those rumours of Charlie Sheen joining the panel were true.

The Voice did beat them some nights when they were on the same night

...................................................................................Charlie....Sheen............

um-damn.gif

DEATH-1.gif

They should really cancel after next season. The show's ratings are gonna continue to decline but stay solid, so that's the best chance for the show to walk out with some grace.

All that, really they should've pulled the plug and left gracefully when Simon left, cause the show is just a major gimmick now (all they got is their auditions with the crazy people, those shows do better than the live shows) and Randy's critiques are just as shitty as always (just more noticeable without Paula or Simon). It's SOOOO beyond time for them to be over.

JLo will not be returning either, she'll be on tour.

Also, what's up with those gifs? :umm: Did you make them from a Betamax tape? :blink:

Cant blame the video quality on me, I dowloaded from youtube, the person who taped it must've uploaded from Vhs, I dont care bout the quality tho, you see it, you get the messege, fuzzy or clear. :coffee:

I'm not here for some nights. :coffee:

The Voice peaks during the blind auditions, but based on average viewers per season, Idol remains the one to beat.

But on the competition nights they went back & fourth with the highest views, tho if Idol were a new show they'd be doing worst than Xfactor, it's just really the loyal fans and kids that still watch it, and you know they are threatened lol, they had to include a "image consultant" lol COME ON NOW!!!

But on the competition nights they went back & fourth with the highest views, tho if Idol were a new show they'd be doing worst than Xfactor, it's just really the loyal fans and kids that still watch it, and you know they are threatened lol, they had to include a "image consultant" lol COME ON NOW!!!

You also have to consider the the Voice was getting dragged by DWTS too. NBC needs to schedule more wisely to avoid that cuz I think DWTS is still in its prime.

All that, really they should've pulled the plug and left gracefully when Simon left, cause the show is just a major gimmick now (all they got is their auditions with the crazy people, those shows do better than the live shows) and Randy's critiques are just as shitty as always (just more noticeable without Paula or Simon). It's SOOOO beyond time for them to be over.

They showed them because it's a ratings booster.. Kinda pointless... And makes the sense

They showed them because it's a ratings booster.. Kinda pointless... And makes the sense

Again sad but true, it's like they should just have a spinoff show about people in costumes wanting to be on TV to sing horribly.

You also have to consider the the Voice was getting dragged by DWTS too. NBC needs to schedule more wisely to avoid that cuz I think DWTS is still in its prime.

True, NBC is doing a horrible job with time schedueles, like with the finale...starting at 9 and making it end 11 (or 11:30) was a horrible idea, they should've premiered whatever show they did (that flopped I think) after it

Um, it was time to pull the plug on this show years ago. I'm not surprised that they are leaving..Steven said it's hectic to do the show because of all the traveling and long hours..but you're getting paid millions so there has to be some sacrifices..