The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

What do you mean? :lol::rolleyes:

That's what I'm saying, artist that have a real emotional connection to their material and lift people up lyrically :wub:

I think what Game means is you're a Beyonce stan talking bout you like artist that have a "inspirational" messages in their songs, infant I Know that's what he means. >_<

• Upvote 1

I think what Game means is you're a Beyonce stan talking bout you like artist that have a "inspirational" messages in their songs, infant I Know that's what he means. >_<

:rolleyes::mellow:

Songs like "Flawless", "Run the world", "Freakum Dress", "I was here", "Save the hero", "Pretty hurts" etc are very uplifting and Inspiring in their own way.

:rolleyes::mellow:

Songs like "Flawless", "Run the world", "Freakum Dress", "I was here", "Save the hero", "Pretty hurts" etc are very uplifting and Inspiring in their own way.

If you, a man, find them inspirational, than bless your heart

I Was Here was more about herself than anything tho it's her best song in years. The other songs you named are inspirational but emotionally deep and thought provoking? No

Yes, Beyonce is more one-sided with her "message" as an artist. She guns for female empowerment more than anything as oppose to someone like Janet who's message as an artist covered and/related to EVERYONE .. Boy,girl,Man,Woman ..The world as a whole was Janet's concern..Beyonce's goal is not nearly that broad at all. Now that's not even debatable. That's just pure observation and common sense.

Yes, Beyonce is more one-sided with her "message" as an artist. She guns for female empowerment more than anything as oppose to someone like Janet who's message as an artist covered and/related to EVERYONE .. Boy,girl,Man,Woman ..The world as a whole was Janet's concern..Beyonce's goal is not nearly that broad at all. Now that's not even debatable. That's just pure observation and common sense.

That's exactly why I can't take her seriously.. Empowering women is great and all but enough is enough

Still trying to figure out how Freakum Dress is inspirational? Lyrically it's about a woman that wants to impress her man for sex

• Upvote 1

If you, a man, find them inspirational, than bless your heart

I Was Here was more about herself than anything tho it's her best song in years. The other songs you named are inspirational but emotionally deep and thought provoking? No

:rolleyes::mellow: It has nothing to do with being a man or the lyrics being sung from a woman's perspective. It's moreso about a feeling and emotion. :unsure: She even said "Run the world" was dedicated to the gays. :lol:

And IWH was about her but if you listen to the lyrics and are in a bad place as far as maybe not accomplishing what you want. That should inspire you in someway no matter who it's about. :mellow::rolleyes:

:mellow::sigh: That's was one of my gripes with her, her lyrical content was always revolved around Love and relationships for the most part. But she stepped out of that with some songs on this album. :wub:

And basically any song can be inspirational, it all depends on the person and their interpretation of it. You guys may not hear that emotional connection from her but I do. Especially on this last album. :wub:

:rolleyes::mellow: It has nothing to do with being a man or the lyrics being sung from a woman's perspective. It's moreso about a feeling and emotion. :unsure: She even said "Run the world" was dedicated to the gays. :lol:

And IWH was about her but if you listen to the lyrics and are in a bad place as far as maybe not accomplishing what you want. That should inspire you in someway no matter who it's about. :mellow::rolleyes:

Not sure how RTW is about the gays but whatevs

Dioni.. you're reaching now :mellow: Girls!!! not gays. I can see how you might apply to gays BUT we know Beyonce didn't "write" with that specific intent but to make a point of woman being the superior backbone to men and how Girls have come along way and possess powers to make them the true "leaders" of an evolution. It's about women not getting the recognition they deserve along with becoming threatening contenders to a male dominated world.

Let's not dislocate a shoulder here, when we know what the specifics surrounding that song are.

Dioni.. you're reaching now :mellow: Girls!!! not gays. I can see how you might apply to gays BUT we know Beyonce didn't "write" with that specific intent but to make a point of woman being the superior backbone to men and how Girls have come along way and possess powers to make them the true "leaders" of an evolution. It's about women not getting the recognition they deserve along with becoming threatening contenders to a male dominated world.

Let's not dislocate a shoulder here, when we know what the specifics surrounding that song are.

:rolleyes: I know what it's about. My point is lyrics and music are always open for personal interpretation. Regardless of whether they were written about one person or situation. The same way RTW was written for women but it can also be applied to the Gays. Which is why she said the song applied to Gays as well.

It's not all so black and white.