The Official Brandy Thread

CK1Czar

• 2 weeks later...

How is Brandy underrated? :blink: She gets just what she deserves at this point of her career. She's had her popular dayz.

Underrated BEASTS like Tamia, Shanice and Chante Moore never got their just due.

She's underrated IMO because she hasn't gotten recognition for some of her best work.

There's no reason why a lot of those unreleased songs haven't even heard by more people and lauded more. A lot of people don't know they exist.

She's underrated IMO because she hasn't gotten recognition for some of her best work.

There's no reason why a lot of those unreleased songs haven't even heard by more people and lauded more. A lot of people don't know they exist.

She has a Grammy, 6 Billboard Awards, and many more.. I think that's enough for two albums

Because Brandy leaks them all willy-billy.. When you over-saturate the market.. People turn away..

She's not the only artist that has great unreleased and/or overlooked material. That's the business. Someone like Amel Larrieux is constantly boasted how incredible her whole catalog is...and NO ONE outside of her 4 fans know about it.

• Upvote 1

She's not the only artist that has great unreleased and/or overlooked material. That's the business. Someone like Amel Larrieux is constantly boasted how incredible her whole catalog is...and NO ONE outside of her 4 fans know about it.

I know that but I guess I'm salty about it when it comes to Brandy because I feel like she peaked too early.

She was done by her 3rd album and I feel like she deserved more.

It's not the same discussion.. We're figuring out if she's overrated or rated perfectly for her achievements and she has plenty

Two Hit albums... A hit sitcom... A prime time movie that killed in the ratings.. She had a great career

She had a great career considering most trying to make it won't achieve those things but it was actual very short in terms of commercial viability and success.

A GREAT career would be that of Janet or Mariah, someone who actually lasted decades and able to transcend generations.

I know that but I guess I'm salty about it when it comes to Brandy because I feel like she peaked too early.

She was done by her 3rd album and I feel like she deserved more.

I agree, she did peak too soon BUT by the time she dropped her 3rd album..life happened and she ended up pregnant, she couldnt really promote much, her record company was pissed, therefore they only allowed her to release TWO singles from that album..and they washed their hands with that era. And it hasn't been the same for her every since... The lie about the marriage, the traffic accident..so her personal life kinda hindered her from goin on to even higher plateaus. But thats life.

PLEA

Who Is She To You, I Tried, Who I Am, Talk About Our God, How I Feel, & Should I Go >>>>>>

I played the fuck outta Aphrodisiac ....that damn album was muh shit....I had just brought a brand new convertible and I was bumping that shit top down...awww memories :wub:

Ohhhhhhhhh but you are. I'm actually surprised you dnt like it... You usually like dark, mysterious, moody type of songs :lol:

I never liked it :lol:. I'll listen to it again later on...it's been about 7 years.