Madonna boo'd at her own concert!

JoeJoe

I just saw it on E!News. She left the stage after only performing for 45 minutes. Fans boo'd her and called her names and were chanting for a refund. Her excuse "The show wasn't billed as a full concert". Once again she doesn't give a fuck about her fans :lol:

The show wasn't billed as a full concert, but she still charged up to $340 a ticket. She's lucky all they did was boo. :mellow:

This is the first time as a Madonna fan I've ever felt like she's not had complete control of herself and her brand. She's fucking up left and right this era, and it seems as if she's lost the sass and good sense she used to combat such failures with. And surprise, surprise, she cancelled the Australian leg of the tour. No reason why. No apology.

Fuck her.

• Upvote 1

The show wasn't billed as a full concert, but she still charged up to $340 a ticket. She's lucky all they did was boo. :mellow:

This is the first time as a Madonna fan I've ever felt like she's not had complete control of herself and her brand. She's fucking up left and right this era, and it seems as if she's lost the sass and good sense she used to combat such failures with. And surprise, surprise, she cancelled the Australian leg of the tour. No reason why. No apology.

Fuck her.

Dang. That's crazy.

There are videos of the audience calling her names and demanding refunds loool.

Fuck her.

I heard they were only $100?

I am really loving this era, as far as the music, stage, and visuals go. And I love her fully realized assertions of being the Queen of Pop. What aren't you liking about it (aside from the cancellation -_- )?

I am really loving this era, as far as the music, stage, and visuals go. And I love her fully realized assertions of being the Queen of Pop. What aren't you liking about it (aside from the cancellation -_- )?

E! reported up to $340 for the "not-even-hourlong show".

Music/image-wise I'm rarely disappointed with Madonna, and I still say this is her best album since AL, but I'm tired of these half-baked eras all for the sake of outselling the previous tour, and I'm tired of only getting one good video per album. I think 'Gang Bang' is wasted as an album track, and I'm over the Gaga/BTW shade. One catty remark was classic Madonna, the second one I just felt embarrassed for her. It's not tongue-in-cheek when you re-hash the joke six months later.

And yes, I'm pissed at the treatment her Aussie fans get. The last time Madonna toured Australia, Lady Gaga was seven years old, nobody had heard of Britney Spears, nobody had ever sent a text message, Michael Jackson had yet to marry Lisa Marie, Jurassic Park was the biggest thing on earth, the cast of Friends were unknowns, and The Velvet Rope was still a good few years away from changing our lives. I'm tired of the excuses, all of which are complete ballsack. If our venues aren't big enough for a Madonna concert then how do U2, Coldplay, and THE FUCKING OLYMPICS manage it without hassle? If it's not cost effective to tour Australia then why does every other well-known act on the planet do it? The bullshit has to end somewhere.

Thanks for letting me vent. I needed that. -_-

• Upvote 1

Music/image-wise I'm rarely disappointed with Madonna, and I still say this is her best album since AL, but I'm tired of these half-baked eras all for the sake of outselling the previous tour, and I'm tired of only getting one good video per album. I think 'Gang Bang' is wasted as an album track, and I'm over the Gaga/BTW shade. One catty remark was classic Madonna, the second one I just felt embarrassed for her. It's not tongue-in-cheek when you re-hash the joke six months later.

And yes, I'm pissed at the treatment her Aussie fans get. The last time Madonna toured Australia, Lady Gaga was seven years old, nobody had heard of Britney Spears, nobody had ever sent a text message, Michael Jackson had yet to marry Lisa Marie, Jurassic Park was the biggest thing on earth, the cast of Friends were unknowns, and The Velvet Rope was still a good few years away from changing our lives. I'm tired of the excuses, all of which are complete ballsack. If our venues aren't big enough for a Madonna concert then how do U2, Coldplay, and THE FUCKING OLYMPICS manage it without hassle? If it's not cost effective to tour Australia then why does every other well-known act on the planet do it? The bullshit has to end somewhere.

I saw that too but I also saw an article that said tickets were $100. All I know is that if I'm going to pay first and last month's rent, two organs and a limb I want the levitating stage blocks and rotating mirrors and tight ropes and motel sets and suspended dancers and flying elephants and what have you. The L'Olympia show was marketed as the opposite of that, as were all of her past intimate gigs, so the joke's on them if they paid full price lmao.

I thought "Gang Bang" was confirmed as a future single? The shade is pathetic, especially the mash-up. :wacko:She could have at least replaced "She's Not Me" with "Some Girls."

There has to be some underlying issue, especially now that her tour figures make up a significant portion of her success. She'd obviously make bank.

here's the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuXHh0R2Ryc

They were chanting whore and started throwing their shit on stage...

Stupid cow... France is her biggest market after the US and the UK have deserted her completely...

The Hyde park concert in London got so much bad press and people were leaving the concert early, you know the next album won't get any support. If France get's bored of her too her albums won't reach the million mark sales anymore.

This was probably the last Stadium tour as well...

I have seen her in Brussels, and although visually it looked nice, it just wasn't great. She's not my kind of entertainer... She doesn't get the crowd going cause she's not interacting with them.. She's interacting with herself making it boring to watch after a while... I was one of the 12000 with a free ticket :) in the still not full venue...

and she could have done it just for her fans.... Like Kylie financed her own first US tour...

This year she's going for a total career kill i guess

friends of mine payed €300 and drove 5 hours to see the 40 minutes concert...

Fuck her.

I love you for being so balanced Matt, as you know I too am a Madonna fan, I have not followed a great deal of news lately with anyone, school keeps me busy, however I must say shit is fucking crazy; the Jacksons are a mess and Madonna is wiping floors WTF :blink:

friends of mine payed €300 and drove 5 hours to see the 40 minutes concert...

I know that artists have pulled that sorta thing, but the big problem with Madonna is the big ticket price, and the cost of travel to whatever venue she is playing, that is bullshit...plain and simple :filenails:

I saw that too but I also saw an article that said tickets were $100. All I know is that if I'm going to pay first and last month's rent, two organs and a limb I want the levitating stage blocks and rotating mirrors and tight ropes and motel sets and suspended dancers and flying elephants and what have you. The L'Olympia show was marketed as the opposite of that, as were all of her past intimate gigs, so the joke's on them if they paid full price lmao.

I thought "Gang Bang" was confirmed as a future single? The shade is pathetic, especially the mash-up. :wacko:She could have at least replaced "She's Not Me" with "Some Girls."

There has to be some underlying issue, especially now that her tour figures make up a significant portion of her success. She'd obviously make bank.

Exactly. Although I didn't know this show was marketed so differently. Lost in translation, maybe? :lol:

I thought 'GB' was confirmed, too. Instead we got 'Turn Off The Radio'. :sigh:

Yep. She must've had a really bad experience or something. But I had to laugh at a comment I read on one of our news sites: "So? Lady Gaga and P!nk own Australia now. We don't want her." :lol:-_-

and she could have done it just for her fans.... Like Kylie financed her own first US tour...

This year she's going for a total career kill i guess

She should've done that for us years ago. Madonna hasn't been here in two decades yet every album has charted successfully without her presence. But I'm not convinced money is the reason. There's no way.

I love you for being so balanced Matt, as you know I too am a Madonna fan, I have not followed a great deal of news lately with anyone, school keeps me busy, however I must say shit is fucking crazy; the Jacksons are a mess and Madonna is wiping floors WTF :blink:

Thank you for noticing. I've been crazy busy too, but I had to speak up on this one.

Exactly. Although I didn't know this show was marketed so differently. Lost in translation, maybe? :lol:

Yep. She must've had a really bad experience or something. But I had to laugh at a comment I read on one of our news sites: "So? Lady Gaga and P!nk own Australia now. We don't want her." :lol:-_-

She should've done that for us years ago. Madonna hasn't been here in two decades yet every album has charted successfully without her presence. But I'm not convinced money is the reason. There's no way.

Thank you for noticing. I've been crazy busy too, but I had to speak up on this one.

there's my Aussie :excited: I want wedding pics :filenails:

$80 million with only 1/4 of the shows completed. She still has a month left in Europe and over 45 dates set for the US. And then there are ten shows in South America, which alone banked $52 million on the last tour.

She's going to break her record for a third time.

They were definitely playing the "intimate" card, plus her full stage is bigger than the venue itself. They were never getting a full show lol.

Oh I'm still holding on to the false notion that it will succeed "Turn Off the Radio." :dance:

lmao. Yeah Gags banked almost $25 million from the four Australian venues alone. Did you see her?

I like how people still try to make excuses for the woman no matter if she has a flop album and not all shows are sold out but when it happened to Janet they talked shit

Who's making excuses? That never happens at a Madonna show, so no excuses needed.

Don't the likes of you get tired of pitting them together? Keep Madonna out of your mind if you don't like her and let them have their own careers. You make it impossible to like one without bashing the other and it's petty as shit.