Christina Aguilera's Bad Year Just Got a Little Worse

TwistedElegance™

Burlesque Leading 2011 Razzie Shortlist

Sometimes it’s an honor just to be nominated. But when the going grand prize is a shiny Golden Raspberry Award…Yeah, not so much.

The nominees for the 2011 Razzies — honoring last year’s worst in film — are due out Jan. 24, and Christina Aguilera’s movie musical Burlesque is leading the pack of cinema stinkers with a whopping five nods on the preliminary ballot.

The drama, which is ironically up for a Best Picture Golden Globe, stars Aguilera, in her acting debut, as Allie — a small town girl who moves to Los Angeles in hopes of finding glam and glitter as the headlining act in a local burlesque bar. Oscar-winner Cher and actor Stanley Tucci co-star in the film, which earned lukewarm reviews when it opened in theaters over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Razzie bosses were particularly disinterested, voicing their displeasure with the song-and-dance show in a barrage of dishonorable mentions; including Worst Actress (Christina Aguilera), Worst Supporting Actress (Kristen Bell and Cher), Worst Supporting Actor (Cam Gigandet), Worst Screenplay, and Worst Director.

There is one saving grace – Burlesque managed to escape a Worst Picture nomination.

That honor will go to an entirely different set of contenders: The Bounty Hunter, Clash of the Titans, The Expendables, Grown Ups, Jonah Hex, Killers, The Last Airbender, Little Fockers, Sex and the City 2, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, Vampires Suck, and Yogi Bear.

Fret not, Christina. Fellow pop diva Britney Spears earned a Razzie for her acting debut in Crossroads. Some past Razzie winners have been able to accept their dishonors with grace. Sandra Bullock picked up her award last year in person for All About Steve (just days before picking up her Oscar for The Blind Side), and Halle Berry also made sure to stop by to get her award for 2003′s superhero bomb Catwoman.

http://www.popcrunch.com/burlesque-leading-2011-razzies-shortlist/

Um her movie grossed almost $40 million so how is that bad for her especially it being her first ever movie? :rolleyes:

and the budget is 55 million... it's still in the red... which means the studio lost 15 million dollars on that project... #flop

and it's not her first movie... it's her 4th according to Wiki

her first time as a "headliner"

can't be that bad if janets been in 3 of em and people are still going to see them. tyler has an audience and as long as he does the movies will keep comeing just like wdigm3-4 and madeas front row ticket (to janets show)all 3 movies in theaters july 2013 :whistle:

and the budget is 55 million... it's still in the red... which means the studio lost 15 million dollars on that project... #flop

and it's not her first movie... it's her 4th according to Wiki

her first time as a "headliner"

what other movies has Christina starred in? :mellow: Also the movie is going to dvd like all movies do so sales from the dvds being bought and rented will also bring in money so yeah its still not bad.

I thought some parts were really funny but it was rather dry and boring..

Gaylord Focker looked like he just left the plastic surgeons office.. lol

I was expecting so much more because I loved the first two.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what other movies has Christina starred in? :mellow: Also the movie is going to dvd like all movies do so sales from the dvds being bought and rented will also bring in money so yeah its still not bad.

She hasn't starred in any other films besides this one. Traditionally, Hollywood does not count cameos as "being in a movie", nor is the actor credited for any success the movie has or doesn't have. Additionally, Burlesque is sitting at ~$43mil WW gross, so it's about $12mil in the hole. The movie is still being released in a number of countries around the world. Add in additional box office gross, DVD sales, and other various franchise merchandise and the project will turn a profit. Please do not entertain stupid and uninformed ppl as they will lead you to nowhere.

She hasn't starred in any other films besides this one. Traditionally, Hollywood does not count cameos as "being in a movie", nor is the actor credited for any success the movie has or doesn't have. Additionally, Burlesque is sitting at ~$43mil WW gross, so it's about $12mil in the hole. The movie is still being released in a number of countries around the world. Add in additional box office gross, DVD sales, and other various franchise merchandise and the project will turn a profit. Please do not entertain stupid and uninformed ppl as they will lead you to nowhere.

there is no way we are gonna find the small sales of side projects.. when comparing movies people stick to the Box Office vs. Production Costs... that's how u know if it's been successful or not...

Cameo appearances are listed on IMBd.... IMBd >>>>> you

u just wanna start an arguement... if this was some artist u disliked.. u woulda called it what it was...

i said it was the first she HEADLINED... how about u read

it's not on DVD now.. so i'm basing my information off facts.. but u have no idea how many DVDs it's going to sell exactly

there is no way we are gonna find the small sales of side projects.. when comparing movies people stick to the Box Office vs. Production Costs... that's how u know if it's been successful or not...

Cameo appearances are listed on IMBd.... IMBd >>>>> you

u just wanna start an arguement... if this was some artist u disliked.. u woulda called it what it was...

You have successfully demonstrated that you know nothing about how business operates. LOL @ Box office receipts being the determining factor of a movie's success. The minute a film distributor releases a DVD, toys, etc associated with the film, it becomes a franchise. Movie companies generate a profit from that, and that factors into the movie recuperating the production cost. To put into perspective, think of the movie as being the ALBUM sales, and think of the merchandise being the SINGLE sales. Altogether they make up the total RECORD sales.

For example: Tom Hanks

http://boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?id=tomhanks.htm

Note: Titles in grey are cameo or bit parts and not counted in totals and averages.

Like I said, Hollywood does not count cameos as "being in a movie", nor is the actor credited for any success the movie has or doesn't have. Have plenty seats.

You have successfully demonstrated that you know nothing about how business operates. LOL @ Box office receipts being the determining factor of a movie's success. The minute a film distributor releases a DVD, toys, etc associated with the film, it becomes a franchise. Movie companies generate a profit from that, and that factors into the movie recuperating the production cost. To put into perspective, think of the movie as being the ALBUM sales, and think of the merchandise being the SINGLE sales. Altogether they make up the total RECORD sales.

For example: Tom Hanks

http://boxofficemojo...id=tomhanks.htm

Note: Titles in grey are cameo or bit parts and not counted in totals and averages.

Like I said, Hollywood does not count cameos as "being in a movie", nor is the actor credited for any success the movie has or doesn't have. Have plenty seats.

so what's the merchandise sales look like... I'll wait for a link

I'm sure they have:

lines

+ screen time

acting credit

doesn't matter if they have small parts.. it's still acting... extras (with lines) put movies they appear on in the beginning stages of their career.. she was just "acting as herself"

so what's the merchandise sales look like... I'll wait for a link

I'm sure they have:

lines

+ screen time

acting credit

doesn't matter if they have small parts.. it's still acting... extras (with lines) put movies they appear on in the beginning stages of their career.. she was just "acting as herself"

I want you to think about what you just asked.

Actors don't get credit for cameo appearances. Think of a came as being an extra in a film. You think Becky sitting in the background in a cafe that says "hello" to a friend gets credit for being in the film? Shut up. You sound stupid right now.

I want you to think about what you just asked.

Actors don't get credit for cameo appearances. Think of a came as being an extra in a film. You think Becky sitting in the background in a cafe that says "hello" to a friend gets credit for being in the film? Shut up. You sound stupid right now.

if it's on film.. and they speak.. yes.. the actor does get credit for the speaking... check every major film's credits... the exact same place u'll find the credit...

Jane Joe ................ as herself

and i'm MORE than sure extras put the movies they appear on their "acting resume" if they have a speaking part...

if it's on film.. and they speak.. yes.. the actor does get credit for the speaking... check every major film's credits... the exact same place u'll find the credit...

Jane Joe ................ as herself

and i'm MORE than sure extras put the movies they appear on their "acting resume" if they have a speaking part...

Nota: los títulos en gris son parte cameo o algo y no se cuenta en los totales y promedios.

Note: les titres en gris sont des pièces camée ou peu et pas comptés dans les totaux et les moyennes.

注:灰色的头衔或位客串部分,而不是在总数和平均数计算。

ملاحظة : العناوين باللون الرمادي هي حجاب أو أجزاء وبت لا تحصى في المجاميع والمعدلات.

Archived