Janet just performed "Night" for her last show in Hawaii!!!

JoeJoe

I actually don't really care that much since "Night" isn't my cup of tea anyways. But Janet's dancing is what gives me life. Do I think she has to dance for every single song? No, but ir would have been grat to see some kind of routine. I also wish Janet would have added guys to this tour. At first I thoughr it was great that she had all girls. But there's just something missing. Anywho, Goodnight.

• Upvote 1

You clearly don't know what it means to transcend the song, but okay. Drag a bit sis. I guess.

Nope, I do, but I don't think she MUST dance when performing a dance song for it to be great. She wasn't even "standing still" she was feeling the song and moving with it, but in the meantime the vocals were the spotlight and they were enough, do I want that to be how that song is performed for the rest of the tour, no but for what it was it worked. A song where she just stands there and sings and frankly it doesnt work on video is After You Fall.

Nope, I do, but I don't think she MUST dance when performing a dance song for it to be great. She wasn't even "standing still" she was feeling the song and moving with it, but in the meantime the vocals were the spotlight and they were enough, do I want that to be how that song is performed for the rest of the tour, no but for what it was it worked. A song where she just stands there and sings and frankly it doesnt work on video is After You Fall.

Oh really? Tell me some ways in which she transcended the song (vocally speaking)......

Oh really? Tell me some ways in which she transcended the song (vocally speaking)......

It's easy, how raw her vocals are live paritcularly during the chorus really brings what she's singing about to life and like she's living it, and like it's real. You hear more of her happiness live in her vocals in that clip than in the albums where it's not as raw. Her movements are that she's feeling herself, and the band and let it takeover like love is. 

But hey if you can't see or feel that explaining what I easily got from it probably isn't going to get you to.

• Upvote 1

It's easy, how raw her vocals are live paritcularly during the chorus really brings what she's singing about to life and like she's living it, and like it's real. You hear more of her happiness live in her vocals in that clip than in the albums where it's not as raw. Her movements are that she's feeling herself, and the band and let it takeover like love is. 

But hey if you can't see or feel that explaining what I easily got from it probably isn't going to get you to.

IDK why you bother. He's just gonna come back with another negative, unnecessary response.  

• Upvote 1

I actually think it is brilliant that she only has female dancers.  At 49 it'd be a little odd for her to be reaching under and grabbing the crotch of a 24 year old male dancer during If.  What she's done is highly appropriate and and  a nice statement of empowerment for women/girls of all ages (12-49), sizes, ethnic backgrounds.  Well played by Janet.  

Edited by JJATL
  • Upvote 2

I actually think it is brilliant that she only has female dancers.  At 49 it'd be a little odd for her to be reaching under and grabbing the crotch of a 24 year old male dancer during If.  What she's done is highly appropriate and and  a nice statement of empowerment for women/girls of all ages (12-49), sizes, ethnic backgrounds.  Well played by Janet.  

Bravo! 

I actually don't really care that much since "Night" isn't my cup of tea anyways. But Janet's dancing is what gives me life. Do I think she has to dance for every single song? No, but ir would have been grat to see some kind of routine. I also wish Janet would have added guys to this tour. At first I thoughr it was great that she had all girls. But there's just something missing. Anywho, Goodnight.

Hell no! We all know Gil would've picked the most effeminate male creatures in his eyesight. Hell they were pretty much girls so might as well have all girls around this time. Too bad it's nobody he can sleep with this time but anyway these girls can bring it. I don't mind

How No Sleeep get choreo but Night doesn't need it???

Forget Janet, What is wrong with y'all??

Ha!

I thought it was brilliant she hired two young girls dancers, they could become the next Beyonce and Taylor Swift, and they will thank Janet years later for giving them their first break :good: