Aunt Viv reads Jada Pinkett Smith after Jada voices disappointment towards Oscars

bu.

Jada voiced her disappointment towards the Oscars and even suggested a boycott:

At the Oscars...people of color are always welcomed to give out awards...even entertain, but we are rarely recognized for our artistic accomplishments. Should people of color refrain from participating all together? People can only treat us in the way in which we allow.
With much respect in the midst of deep disappointment,
J.

https://www.facebook.com/jada/posts/10153979978896320

The original (and better) Aunt Viv had a few things to get off her chest:

CZC-PJEUMAAD83a.png

I do believe she's pressed over Will, but I think she has a point. I don't think more segregation is needed, we have NAACP awards, BET Awards (stop laughing....ok Im laughing too lol) Black Reel Awards. We have awards that do what Jada is calling for that we do, but The Oscars is supposed to represent the best of the best, you shouldn't aim to be the best black/hispanic/mixed/asian/gay/bi/trans actor writer producer director, you should aim to be among THE BEST, PERIOD. And it's time for them to do their part we need to hold the pressure against the production companies and the academy, but actors, stay your ass acting, it's hard out here, getcho work.

• Upvote 1

I do believe she's pressed over Will, but I think she has a point. I don't think more segregation is needed, we have NAACP awards, BET Awards (stop laughing....ok Im laughing too lol) Black Reel Awards. We have awards that do what Jada is calling for that we do, but The Oscars is supposed to represent the best of the best, you shouldn't aim to be the best black/hispanic/mixed/asian/gay/bi/trans actor writer producer director, you should aim to be among THE BEST, PERIOD. And it's time for them to do their part we need to hold the pressure against the production companies and the academy, but actors, stay your ass acting, it's hard out here, getcho work.

I agree with u babe, problem is with the Oscars, much like the Grammies, its some "FUBU" shit going down, its white folks saying to other white folks whats the best and its basically more white folks shit

I was JUST thinking about this the other day, the type of Oscars they do give out when they award Blacks, Denzel for a corrupt cop, Monique for an abusive mother, and Halle for being a "prostitute on film"...when Angela Bassest should have been the first AA female to win best female for "WLGTDWI"

Edited by Stealth

I read George Clooney's response and what he says about the root cause is more important.  That there is a disproportionate lack of "Oscar Quality" roles and movies for minorities being made in the first place.  Compared to the population the good dramas with a minority lead just are not made as often or pushed as hard in awards season.

Sure there's room for Ride Along 2, or the next Ice Cube comedy and there's nothing wrong with that but there really aren't good minority dramas made every year.

• Upvote 1

I read George Clooney's response and what he says about the root cause is more important.  That there is a disproportionate lack of "Oscar Quality" roles and movies for minorities being made in the first place.  Compared to the population the good dramas with a minority lead just are not made as often or pushed as hard in awards season.

Sure there's room for Ride Along 2, or the next Ice Cube comedy and there's nothing wrong with that but there really aren't good minority dramas made every year.

This is really the issue. It's unfortunate more types of people aren't being represented in the nominations but it's a deeper cause than just "racism" among the academy. 

• Upvote 1

yea I get all that, but theres something to that too, you mean to tell me the only thing that gets a green light in Hollywood is a Madea film? You cannot tell me there arent Black writers out there writing serious drama scripts that would employ numerous talented people of color, but those scripts aren't given the time of the day.....

Viola said it best. You can't win an Emmy for roles that aren't there. Similarly you can't win an Oscar for roles that aren't there. Hollywood needs to fix it's whitewashing of roles (looking at Exodus and Pan) and cast more diversely. 

• Upvote 1

Where was the uproar last year? Outside of the #hashtag, now everyone wants to weigh in on the subject.  However, it is alarming that no black actors got nominated like Idris or MBJ.  Jada is mad that Will didn't get nominated because if he did, she wouldn't had nothing to say.  And most likely, she'll end up going to the Oscars.

Janet is petty for bringing up the past, but she has great points..they are actors who pretend..who has mortages and stuff..so for Jada to shun the Oscars is a recipe for disaster..

Now, they have taken the fun out it..it seems that if blacks do get nominated, it's like they are forced to do so..regardless if they are good or not(I hope that's not the case).

• Upvote 2

I cant believe people care this much about a fucking award. Hollywood can give two fucks about minorities, it has always been that way...Jada is upset that her closeted husband failed to suck the right dick to get a nomination. She really shouldnt bite the hand that feeds her, I would hate for her to be reduced to starring in those mom and pop stage plays.

umm can you post what they said :umm: 

I'm with Jada. Well Lupita pretty much said she stands with her peers and agrees with everyone who is boycotting. Stacie Dash said if we wanna talk about racial segregation then get rid of BET and Black History Month since there isn't a White History month and BET clapped back on her ass lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N4Mzq-Jtmk

? Soooooo @REALStaceyDash can we get our check back... or nah? #Remember #YouWereOnTheGame   #AndWeDontMeanTheRapper

Embedded image permalink

• Upvote 2

The public has been dragging the fuck outta Stacey. At this point, Im starting to believe that Raven and Stacey say controversial shit just to get ppl rattled for attention cus its just too common now that they are the same two ppl who keep causing social media riots. Ship them attention seeking trolls to another planet

Donald trump gave his opinion on what Stacey said. 

"The whites don't  get any BET nominations, and I thought it was an amazing interview, actually. I've never even thought of it from that standpoint."

BUTTTTTTTT ....wait ...they dont?

Eminem, Sam Smith, Robin Thicke, Iggy Azalea, Justin Timberlake and Justin Bieber.  Some of which have even won but okay

• Upvote 1

Monique: “But why do we keep wanting to get thrown a bone? Why do we want to keep saying ‘Can we please come to your party?’ Instead of saying, ‘We have a party over here and we welcome everybody, but we’re not begging to come to you party.’ I think it’s a bigger picture to be arguing over a trophy.”

I agree. These actors need to stop begging for acceptance from an institution that was never meant for you in the first place.

• Upvote 2

I believe what Jada and Will are doing is fucking rudiculous, bratty,.and embarrassing. However, Janet is just being a bitter bitch, and this is a personal vendetta. I don't take her any more or less seriously than Jada, and Will's stupidity. A fucking award show that praises, and recognizes a bunch of overpaid, rich, adults who play "pretend." Get the fuck over yourselves already!