ANTI is 2x Platinum

bu.

RIHANNA’S ‘ANTI’ TOPS BILLBOARD 200

Rihanna is back at No. 1. After selling 166,000 units domestically in its first full week of availability, ANTI becomes the singer’s second album to reach the top of the Billboard 200.

RiRi’s eighth LP, which was only available for a portion of the previous tracking week, catapults from No. 27 to No. 1 on the chart.

The pop superstar first reached the top slot on the Billboard 200 in 2012 thanks to her previous album, Unapologetic, which entered with 238,000 copies. Every single one of her other albums appeared in the top 10 too, making this her eighth top 10 showing to date.

ANTI dropped as a TIDAL exclusive on Jan. 27. It quickly earned an RIAA platinumcertification after it was given away to a whopping 1.47 million people in just 15 hours. Those free downloads, however, were not counted as sales by Nielsen.

The album is no longer a TIDAL exclusive. On Jan. 29, it became available at other digital retailers. Physical CDs, which were not counted in this week’s chart, went on sale Feb. 5.

1. Rihanna – ANTI – 166,000
2. Kevin Gates – Islah – 112,000
3. Adele – 25 – 89,000
4. Sia – This Is Acting – 81,000
5. Justin Bieber – Purpose – 73,000
6. Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind – 65,000
7. Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface – 43,000
8. Chris Stapleton – Traveller – 33,000
9. Bryson Tiller – Trapsoul – 32,000
10. G-Eazy – When It’s Dark Out – 31,000

http://www.rap-up.com/2016/02/08/rihanna-anti-tops-billboard-200/

• Upvote 1

RIHANNA’S ‘ANTI’ TOPS BILLBOARD 200

Rihanna is back at No. 1. After selling 166,000 units domestically in its first full week of availability, ANTI becomes the singer’s second album to reach the top of the Billboard 200.

RiRi’s eighth LP, which was only available for a portion of the previous tracking week, catapults from No. 27 to No. 1 on the chart.

The pop superstar first reached the top slot on the Billboard 200 in 2012 thanks to her previous album, Unapologetic, which entered with 238,000 copies. Every single one of her other albums appeared in the top 10 too, making this her eighth top 10 showing to date.

ANTI dropped as a TIDAL exclusive on Jan. 27. It quickly earned an RIAA platinumcertification after it was given away to a whopping 1.47 million people in just 15 hours. Those free downloads, however, were not counted as sales by Nielsen.

The album is no longer a TIDAL exclusive. On Jan. 29, it became available at other digital retailers. Physical CDs, which were not counted in this week’s chart, went on sale Feb. 5.

1. Rihanna – ANTI – 166,000
2. Kevin Gates – Islah – 112,000
3. Adele – 25 – 89,000
4. Sia – This Is Acting – 81,000
5. Justin Bieber – Purpose – 73,000
6. Charlie Puth – Nine Track Mind – 65,000
7. Twenty One Pilots – Blurryface – 43,000
8. Chris Stapleton – Traveller – 33,000
9. Bryson Tiller – Trapsoul – 32,000
10. G-Eazy – When It’s Dark Out – 31,000

http://www.rap-up.com/2016/02/08/rihanna-anti-tops-billboard-200/

so she might be no.1 again if physical sales weren't counted for that week

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded the album. Not Rihanna's biggest fan by any means. However, I must say, overall...I'm VERY impressed with #ANTI! I can't believe it, actually. Extremely disappointed that she didn't include "Bitch Better Have My Money", which was one of my favorite singles of 2015, and one of the most played on my mp3 player as well. But, I'm REALLY diggin' a large portion of the album. I was able to listen most of the way through without wanting to skip a track (with the notable exceptions of: "Never Ending" which is just not my style, "Higher" because she sounds like shit on it, and "Work" (w/ Drake) which, in my opinion, is akin to month old, musty, moldy, maggot infested garbage).

Standouts for me are: "Consideration" (w/SZA), "Kiss It Better", "Desperado", "Needed Me", "Love On The Brain", "Same Ol' Mistakes", and the INSTANT EARGASM "Woo" (which, at the time of this post, is hands down my favorite track on the album, for reasons I cannot explain currently).

Tracks ranked from favorite to least favorite (Top 5 in red):

"Woo"

"Kiss It Better"

"Same Ol' Mistakes"

"Desperado"

"Consideration"

"Love On The Brain"

"Needed Me"

"Yeah I Said It"

"James Joint"

"Close To You"

"Never Ending"

"Higher"

"Work"

This album is pretty ill, I'm diggin' it even more now almost a month later...Rihanna truly made me a fan of her's this era. Haven't been a fan since "Music Of The Sun"...damn!

My favorite's have switched up a bit. Still not here for "Close To You", "Never Ending" or "Higher"...but "Work" has grown on me a little! Still far from top tier, too repetitive and and the chorus grates on my ears, but I can appreciate her vocals and layering especially from the second verse on. As far as the bonus tracks are concerned...the only one I'm REALLY feelin' is "Pose", ratchet as hell but it's that turn up record I've grown accustomed to from Rihanna, so damn catchy! It has made up for the fact that "BBHMM" didn't make the album. "Love On The Brain" is far and away my 3rd favorite now...vocally, she went HAM on it. Love the throwback vibe, and I love the lyrics. "Needed Me" and "Yeah I said It" make gains..."Same Ol Mistakes" and "Consideration" dip quite a bit.  

Tracks ranked from favorite to least favorite (Top 5 in red):

"Woo"

"Kiss It Better"

"Love On The Brain"

"Desperado"

"Needed Me" & "Pose"

"Yeah I Said It"

"Consideration"

"Same Ol' Mistakes"

"Work"

"James Joint"

"Sex With Me"

"Close To You"

"Never Ending"

"Higher"

"Goodnight Gotham"

• Upvote 1

Rihanna Kendrick Lamar grammys FameFlynetPictures SplashNews

Is Kendrick Lamar The Real Reason Rihanna Canceled At The Grammy’s?

Not like it’s a big surprise or anything but there is still plenty of behind the scenes chitchatted that RihRih wasn’t really sidelined from the Grammy’s by bronchitisSources are telling Page Sixthe singer rehearsed for the show but after witnessing Kendrick Lamar’s rehearsals blow her underwhelming plans away she wasn’t eager to perform AT ALL.

“She felt like her performance couldn’t compare [to some of the other artists’], and she was trying to avoid the embarrassment because she knew it wasn’t the right comeback performance,” said an insider. “She said, ‘I’m not doing this.’”

“It was underwhelming,” another source who saw the pop star rehearse her song “Kiss It Better” told the gossip column. “The performance was like a throwback to an ’80s talk show. James Corden was going to introduce her, and she was supposed to walk over, talk to him, then gyrate on the mic.”

Our source continued: “People were watching like, ‘Oh, is that it?’ She was singing parts of the song live, but it had a lot of recorded vocals [in rehearsal]. We were surprised when she rehearsed the ballad [all the way through], because we thought she was going to kill it and come back with [her more upbeat single] ‘Work.’ It didn’t seem like Rihanna.”

Producers then powwowed with her team. “It was an intense conversation. It didn’t seem like they were discussing a doctor’s note,” we’re told.

But another source said the singer “looked upset after rehearsals and a doctor came to see her . . . after the doctor talked to her and told her the diagnosis, she was forced to pull out.”