• Announcements

• Planet Janet Rules   07/07/2015

General Rules for Planet Janet Welcome to Planet Janet! The main objective of this board is to express your love for Janet, your opinions, and to interact with an important segment of the Janet fandom.  To enjoy your experience here, below are general rules and guidelines to make your experience here be successful: The N Word Please be aware that the N word is going to be filtered on this forum. Most importantly, this word is not acceptable on this forum in any form; therefore, if it is used again by ANY member on here, it will result in an immediate and permanent ban. Consider this the first, only, and last warning regarding this. Music Download | Copyright Infringement Illegal download links to music from any artist are not permissible to be posted on this forum at any time. If you have posted an illegal download link, you must take it down immediately. Failure to remove the links, and/or subsequent, repeated offenses will result in disciplinary action up to and including a permanent ban from the forum. Fan Threads of Other Artists Generally, we like to keep threads and/or topics about other artists within an Official Artist Thread.  This helps to eliminate clutter and redundancy throughout the forum and allow a one-stop shop to view comments on that particular artist not pertaining to Janet.  If there is HUGE news related to an artist and generates a lot of discussion, it is okay to have a standalone thread on that topic outside of the Official Thread. A good debate is OKAY in the Official Threads of other artists.  Official Threads are not complete sanctuaries of devotion of that particular artist; however, there is a need to be civil with other members.  Please refrain from personal attacks and arguments that devolve into personal attacks. Additionally, do NOT use Janet as means to defend an artist.  This forum is made in her honor, and putting her down to boast your particular artist is prohibited. Exercise good judgment and common sense.  If not, then the moderating team will exercise disciplinary action depending on the egregiousness of the action.  Please utilize this announcement as a first warning. Personal Attacks

Each member has a warning percentage - most of them are at zero right now but a few have been warned before. Each warning is worth 10%, and once it gets to 100% the member is automatically banned from the forum. 

Each time a member gets into an argument with another member that includes personal attacks, if it is reported or viewed by a member of the moderating team, each participant in the personal attack will get an increase in their warning percentage.  They will be notified via PM, and, prior to posting again, will receive a receipt acknowledging that warning before they can post again. The Moderating Team will never divulge a member's warn percentages on the forum or to other members.

What this means is you are now responsible for your own future on this forum. The Moderating Team will not keep asking you to stop and being ignored. Learn to let things go and learn to moderate yourself before posting; if you end up banned it will be your own fault. Personal attacks and include attacks on one’s race, age, religious creed, color, gender, national origin, physical, mental or visual disability, medical condition, ancestry, marital and military status, pregnancy or sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and general physical appearance/looks. Depending on the nature of the personal attack there will be corrective action up and including permanent banning. If you have any inquiries about your warning percentage, feel free to PM a mod for an answer. If you need any clarification on the rules, feel free to reach out to The Moderating Team.

OFFICIAL STATE OF THE WORLD TOUR ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD

649 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

:lmao: with that 20 Foreplay bullshit 

Posted · Report post

Are these the new male dancers for SOTWT??  

Posted · Report post

I think there's only two. They're on the left side of the picture. 

Posted · Report post

I would love more of an acting performance! "What About" but with "Lessons Learned"

YES!

I'm cool with her changing out CTRL/RN ballads for a mix of other songs. Funny How Time Flies, Every Time, I Want You, Truth, 24Play, Lonely etc

Are u sure you not my twin? u just completed the list I started :P

Posted · Report post

The Littles have gotten so big! :oAnd I'm excited to have at least 2 male dancers. December (Columbia, SC) can't come soon enough for me! :dance:

Posted · Report post

Oh, and I don't mind her milking "Again." It's from her first movie, a #1, and Oscar nominated. I would LOVE to hear 24play and/or Everytime, though. :wub:

Posted · Report post

Oh, and I don't mind her milking "Again." It's from her first movie, a #1, and Oscar nominated. I would LOVE to hear 24play and/or Everytime, though. :wub:

Most fans would love to hear 24play. With the exception of some that try to diminish the conversation anytime it's discussed. 

I love Again as a song but like MOST of the set list we have heard it on EVERY tour. It's a beautiful song. Every Time to me works for where her life is, 24play is a vocal masterpiece for her. She has sooooo many options & 24play should be in the mix. 

Posted · Report post

YES!

Are u sure you not my twin? u just completed the list I started :P

lol aye bro she has to tap into that catalog it's so vast. When she did I Want You on GMA she killed. FHTF needs soooooo much love & Truth is just perfect for where she is right now. It's a very mature song about breaking up despite its direct & cutting undertones. 

Posted · Report post

I would love more of an acting performance! "What About" but with "Lessons Learned"

I got wet

Posted · Report post

Possibly some of the State Of The World Tour Setlist?

Denzel Chisolm (one of the male dancers) posted these pictures of his dance notes on his Instagram Story

Here is the order. No real changes from the Unbreakable Tour setlist so far:
1) BURNITUP!
2) Nasty
3) Feedback

Freestyle Hits

4) Miss You Much
5) Alright
6) What Have You Done For Me Lately (his notes simply say "Lately")
7) Pleasure Principle
8) All For You
9) All Nite (Don't Stop)
10) (blank space on his notes)
11) No Sleeep
12) Got 'Til It's Gone
11 [he also listed the 13th song as 11]) That's The Way Love Goes

Not sure if that is the order in which the songs will be performed but if it is the State Of The World Tour setlist is basically the Unbreakable Tour setlist up until "That's The Way Love Goes". The only songs missing from his notes (likely because he will not be dancing on the songs) up until "That's The Way Love Goes" that were performed on the Unbreakable Tour shows were:
-"Control": I was surprised that wasn't included when I read the dance notes but it just might be apart of the Freestyle Hits section
-"You Want This": Tends to be performed with only her female dancers on the live performances
- "Escapade": Only Taylor and Kyndall danced with Janet during this song on the Unbreakable Tour
-"When I Think Of You": Was performed with just the older female dancers in a tame but I guess you could say sensual chair routine
-"Love Will Never Do (Without You)": This song when performed on the Unbreakable Tour was more about showcasing the background singers
-"After You Fall": There wasn't any choreography for the dancers
-"Again"/"Come Back to Me"/"Let's Wait Awhile"/"I Get Lonely"/"Any Time, Any Place": The ballads/slow songs medley where there wasn't any choreography for the dancers

http://i.imgur.com/YvK6a8U.png
QWHQ1Im.png

Posted · Report post

That’s awesome

Posted (edited) · Report post

The Littles have gotten so big! :oAnd I'm excited to have at least 2 male dancers. December (Columbia, SC) can't come soon enough for me! :dance:

I know! I was trying to find Kendall and didn't even realize how much bigger she was. They're growing up with Janet. It's been what, almost 3yrs since they've been with her? Janet's legacy will be passed on from them as well as other young cuties.

Edited by JoeJoe

Posted · Report post

lol aye bro she has to tap into that catalog it's so vast. When she did I Want You on GMA she killed. FHTF needs soooooo much love & Truth is just perfect for where she is right now. It's a very mature song about breaking up despite its direct & cutting undertones. 

i was trying to think of some after 2001 songs could be included and IWU and Truth fit beautifully.

24 Play never crossed my mind but it works...

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but the tour tracklist looks boring to me... I wish she would make some changes and not play the same tracks she's done on every other tour. The SOTW is such a good theme with lots of potential but what's the point if the tracklist is the same as before. I just wish she would take some risks and not do the same all over again. There are so many good songs on Unbreakable as well as on other albums too that would fit perfectly 4 the SOTW theme.

Posted · Report post

Janet tends to keep things under wrap, so a tracklist leaking probably wont go over well if its accurate

Posted · Report post

I have my doubt on that setlist.

Posted · Report post

I have my doubt on that setlist.

I totally doubt it .....her people know to keep that mouth shut.... "closed set"   remember that when JD was trying to show us some shit Janet was like no sir !

Posted · Report post

I'm sorry but the tour tracklist looks boring to me... I wish she would make some changes and not play the same tracks she's done on every other tour. The SOTW is such a good theme with lots of potential but what's the point if the tracklist is the same as before. I just wish she would take some risks and not do the same all over again. There are so many good songs on Unbreakable as well as on other albums too that would fit perfectly 4 the SOTW theme.

I have not looked at the list but more than likely it's true because Gil said months ago that it was done. It will have some minor tweaks. I'm guessing like adding Dammn Baby and Night & a few new songs if there are any. But honestly this has been the ongoing aggravation with Janet's artistry she does not push herself into growing some times. 

I KEPT telling Gil - she needs to explore other tracks, & he said - "I hear you but seriously just give it some time." 

This let me know he was equally frustrated & has brought the idea to her...the compromise is shit like TBTILAF when really that's just an ODD song to hold on to instead of doing the many others! I was thinking "time"? How much & when if that's the case but I let it go. Although I do think Janet could use switching up her team, after Gil mentioned she's the only artist who he's worked with that has not wanted to switch up her dances or remix stuff because "this is what the fans love" I knew most of the lack falls on Janet. There's sooooooo much potential to maximize. 

Posted · Report post

I totally doubt it .....her people know to keep that mouth shut.... "closed set"   remember that when JD was trying to show us some shit Janet was like no sir !

Also - that was all her allowing him to do it and pretending she didn't want that. There were other videos of them in practice. Remember the videos of their feet and her sitting on the couch with no make up on talking in the camera?

Posted · Report post

Also - that was all her allowing him to do it and pretending she didn't want that. There were other videos of them in practice. Remember the videos of their feet and her sitting on the couch with no make up on talking in the camera?

I think she expressed a few times on camera she didnt want Jermaine filming, I remember when we didnt know who the opening act was going to be on RYU, and Janet was busy applying makeup when JD walks up on her, and she said "it's LL Cool J, now could you please GTFO" :lol:

Posted · Report post

I think she expressed a few times on camera she didnt want Jermaine filming, I remember when we didnt know who the opening act was going to be on RYU, and Janet was busy applying makeup when JD walks up on her, and she said "it's LL Cool J, now could you please GTFO" :lol:

lol exactly it was all an act. She was giving up information, and he was her vehicle. She was pretending for it to be top secret while giving info & giving practice rehearsal footage lol 

Posted · Report post

lol exactly it was all an act. She was giving up information, and he was her vehicle. She was pretending for it to be top secret while giving info & giving practice rehearsal footage lol 

hmmmm um okay  :unsure:

Posted · Report post

hmmmm um okay  :unsure:

always remember Janet will never involve herself in anything she TRULY doesn't want you to know. From marriage to album. She only personally tells when it's on purpose. 

Posted · Report post

that wasn't an act lol. Janet was truly annoyed and it looks like JD annoyed her purposefully plenty of times before

Posted · Report post

that wasn't an act lol. Janet was truly annoyed and it looks like JD annoyed her purposefully plenty of times before

If she was truly annoyed she would have made sure there was no information given. Fans forget she hid an entire marriage for 10+ years. She let him inside her rehearsals, she talked to the camera, she leaked the announcement of her opening act...which LL had to promote too so she had to tell it. She showed sketches of things from the tour. She would have sternly said Jermaine you are not allowed to film any of this & im not playing with you. The man got her tatted on him - if she was serious enough he would have listened lol.