Discography Chat: Rihanna

jarrylf

15 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favorite Rihanna Album?

• Music Of The Sun (2005)
    • A Girl Like Me (2006)
    • Good Girl Gone Bad (2007)
    • Rated R (2009)
    • Loud (2010)
    • Talk That Talk (2011)

YouDaOne-Rihanna.jpg

Love me some Riri, I'm SOOOOO intrigued by her discography only because of the growth her music and image has shown since 2005. TONS more than some of her peers (especially 1 in particular who shall not be named). And I love her image changes and how different she is (with the island sounds, like seriously, what MEGA head bitch in the pop industry was ever a island girl before her?). What's most funny to me is that before the single Umbrella, I knew her and liked her, but would've bet money she'd end up where Tweet, Ashanti, Amerie, Blu Cantrell, and alot of others are today, but today the bitch is huge, and breaking records that legends have made. GO ON GIRL!!! Lets begin. My problem with Rihanna back in the S.O.S days is that I was believing the Beyonce comparisons, and always thought she was playing off of that, but she was never trying to sound like Bey, and I think I was expecting her too, and when I accepted that she's not trying to vocally compete with the ones with big voices and range, she knew her sound and range for the most part.

Music Of the Sun, not that great of a debut in my opinion, like I like it but only love Pon Dereplay (OFCOURSE), If it's Lovin You want, and That La La La. Not much else really sticks out to me at all.

A Girl Like Me, WHAT THE DEBUT SHOULD'VE BEEN, when S.O.S. dropped, it SLAYYYYYYYED and she was everywhere, I didnt know her name with Pon De Replay but I knew it with S.O.S. I STILLL love it when this songs on the radio. Unfaithful....me & this song, I hated it when it was new because again I didnt accept her voice as different and unique, I thought she was trying to compete with Bey & stuff, but over the last couple of years I grew to REALLLLLLLY love and understand that song, and I do right now. I do love Kisses Dont lie and break it off. But thats about it, it's a great 2nd album, improvement but it's really all about them 4 songs I mentioned really.

Good Girl Gone Bad, MAJOOOOOOOOOOOOR improvement, image wise and music wise she went more pop this route and it worked out wonderfully, undoubtably Umbrella will remain her signature song forever (I think so, maybe We Found Love). Great era all around, starting with that hair cut and sexier image and lyrics. Besides Umbrella, I love Shut up & Drive (HER LIVE PERFORMANCE OF THAT I SAW IN 08 SLAYYYYED), I've never really been here for Hate That I love you, but I loved Dont Stop The Music right away (also slayed live). I also loved Breaking Dishes, Rehab, and Push Up On Me.

Reloaded, I didnt include it in the poll because tho I personally consider it like a whole other era I can see how alot of you guys probably wouldnt, anyway, ALLLLL 3 songs SLAY. Take A Bow, Disturbia, & (ESPECIALLY) If I never See Your Face Again, HOTTTTTT SONG and should've been a #1. And she was even sexier this era too

Rated R, When this era came, I wasnt here for it at all really, aside from Hard & Rude Boy. But TODAY....OMG that album, era, & image slays Russian Roulette....god that song is good, I love it. ROCKSTAR IS MA SHITTTTT "MAKE SURE YOU TAKE ME IN, I DISOBEYED THE LAW, MAKE SURE YOU FRISK ME GOOD, CHECK MA PANTIES & MA BRA". BUT.....G4L (which I also consider the prequel to Man Down) is maybe 1 of my fave songs of hers EVER, love the lyrics and the way she sings it. I also love Stupid in love, Cold Case Love and The last Song.

Loud, LOVED IT, my fave album of hers, from 1st listen (the 1st album of hers I think I loved the majority of the tracks from 1st listen). Only Girl in the world hooked me from 1st listen, same with all the singles really. I love how this era as a whole took me by suprise, and I did not expect to love Loud but I do, and it remains in my top 3 2010 albums (Fantasia & Kandi have the other 2). I literally love every song on this album. To this day it remains her only album I can honestly say that about, no filler exist for me, no forgetable songs.

Talk That Talk, I really loved it when it 1st came out, but then.....as the weeks went by I started forgetting songs, I was looking for it to be better than Loud (to me) but it's not, I love it tho, I cant quite figure if I like it more than Rated R tho, because I do like how visually and sound wise it's dark and light, like if Loud and Rated R had a baby itd be this. I LOVE We Found Love, but it honestly didnt grab me at 1st listen, it took a few times for it too. You Da One grabbed me from 1st listen, I really love it, Talk That Talk (the song ofcourse)....I dont not like it.....lol, but it's quite forgettable for me. Birthday Cake.....HOW DARRRRE SHE NOT ONLY DO A SONG WIT CHRIS WOMEN BEATER BROWN, BUT MAKE ME LOVE IT!!!!! I MIGHT HATE HER FOR THAT LOL. Where Have You Been, I LOVE THIS SONGGGGGGGGGGGGG IT SHOULD BE A #1!!! Rock Me Out better be the next single I swear, that song is so hott, it reminds me of Rude Boy but edgier and sexier and tougher, I FUCKS WIT THAT SONG!!! How do I describe how I feel about the song Cockiness?...I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT, from the 1st listen. I LOOOOOVE FOOL IN LOVE & FAREWELL, the latter should be the final single of the TTT era, and I'd be VERRRY happy, both songs are sung SOOOO passionately it drives me CRAZY.

I cant wait to see what look and sound she'll have for the next era that naturally will be this year. I have NOOOOO problem with her doing the "album/era a year" thing because I'm a Motown guy, all the peeps in the 60's in 70's released multiple albums in years, it's not new. My only beef wit Rihanna doing it is her timing, her music and image is SOOOOOOO SUMMER!!!!! So I dont digg the November releases and they dont seem to be doing her or her albums the justice they desserve, her albums should be out around June or July because I hear her more in the summer (with the exception of S.O.S., Umbrella, Rude Boy & We Found Love) more in the summer than any other season. What do you guys think about that?

My Ranking, RIGHT NOW

1.Loud

2.RatedR

3.Talk That Talk

4.Good Girl Gone Bad

5.A Girl Like Me

6.Music Of The Sun

My previous installments of Discography chat

Faith Evans-

Usher-

Aaliyah-

Alicia Keys-

TLC-

Toni Braxton-

Paula Abdul-

Missy-

The Spice Girls-

En Vogue-

Destiny's Child- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9232-discography-chat-destinys-child/

Mariah Carey- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8877-discography-chat-mariah-carey/

Whitney Houston- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/8920-discography-chat-whitney-houston/

Ludacris- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9324-discography-chat-ludacris/

Mary J. Blige- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9148-discography-chat-mary-j-blige/

Jill Scott- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9179-discography-chat-jill-scott/

Jennifer Lopez- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9206-discography-chat-jennifer-lopez/

Outkast- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9083-discography-chat-outkast/

Erykah Badu- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9107-discography-chat-erykah-badu/

Christina Aguilera- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9007-discography-chat-christina-aguilera/

Britney Spears- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9048-discography-chat-britney-spears/

Ciara- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9130-discography-chat-ciara/

Other members installments

Common- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9378-commons-discography/

The Black Eyed Peas- http://planetjanet.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/9201-discography-chat-black-eyed-peas/

I don't mess with Music Of The Sun and A Girl Like Me aside from the singles.

Good Girl Gone Bad aka The Birth Of A Pop Star. I actually hated Rihanna at this time. I was a Bey stan and this bitch came with Umbrella and dampened B'Day up <_<. Umbrella is one of the best pop songs of all time. I loved it when it came out. The ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh is as iconic as Beyonce's 'uh oh uh oh uh oh oh no no' / 'to the left to the left', Janets existence, Michaels Moonwalk and Madonnas lack of talent. I did eventually hate it when it got overplayed however I now love it again :). I Absolutely loved Shut Up & Drive when it came out but now...it is a bad song :lol:. Don't Stop The Music was my jam! The MJ sample is brilliant! I love Sell Me Candy too. The rest are good but overall I don't play the album a lot.

Rated R - I still hated her at this time...Russian Roulette I thought was an awful song - now I love it! Wait Your Turn, Russian Roulette, Mad house, Hard, Rockstar, G4L and Rude Boy are all kick ass songs. I don't like Photographs. The others are good too! Overall this is a solid album, a fan-favourite and definitely one of Rihannas best!

Loud - This was the era that the cunt took my soul and reigned me in! I couldn't deny Only Girl was catchy as hell. But What's My Name is what took my soul away. I remember I was in the dentists room, high on drugs as they took my wisdom teeth out. The radio in the background was playing this and I sang it. The dentist asked me 'Do you like this song?' to which I replied 'Yes!'. To think...I was completely out of it on anaesthetic and STILL recognised the song and sung it :lol:. Cheers should have been #1! I love the breezy laidback feel to it! Man Down is fucking hot! The reggae theme >>>>>!! I also loved her response to the video backlash. I love her singing on CKB. I do get bored of some songs though (Complicated, Fading).

Talk That Talk - probably my 2nd favourite Rih album. We Found Love slayed as a lead single - so much so that I feel it made the other singles capsize and sink :lol:. Where Have You Been is my life!!! I can never get bored of that. I have a sick routine to it in my head but I have no dance skills. You Da One & TTT were cute. Cockiness & Birthday Cake :excited:!!! Every song is hot and perfect. Farewell is one I currently love the most since I relate it to a recent tragedy - which is weird because the exact same thing happened to Rih too within a week after me. It's like the song was meant for us.

• Upvote 1

I don't mess with Music Of The Sun and A Girl Like Me aside from the singles.

Good Girl Gone Bad aka The Birth Of A Pop Star. I actually hated Rihanna at this time. I was a Bey stan and this bitch came with Umbrella and dampened B'Day up <_<. Umbrella is one of the best pop songs of all time. I loved it when it came out. The ella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh is as iconic as Beyonce's 'uh oh uh oh uh oh oh no no' / 'to the left to the left', Janets existence, Michaels Moonwalk and Madonnas lack of talent. I did eventually hate it when it got overplayed however I now love it again :). I Absolutely loved Shut Up & Drive when it came out but now...it is a bad song :lol:. Don't Stop The Music was my jam! The MJ sample is brilliant! I love Sell Me Candy too. The rest are good but overall I don't play the album a lot.

Rated R - I still hated her at this time...Russian Roulette I thought was an awful song - now I love it! Wait Your Turn, Russian Roulette, Mad house, Hard, Rockstar, G4L and Rude Boy are all kick ass songs. I don't like Photographs. The others are good too! Overall this is a solid album, a fan-favourite and definitely one of Rihannas best!

Loud - This was the era that the cunt took my soul and reigned me in! I couldn't deny Only Girl was catchy as hell. But What's My Name is what took my soul away. I remember I was in the dentists room, high on drugs as they took my wisdom teeth out. The radio in the background was playing this and I sang it. The dentist asked me 'Do you like this song?' to which I replied 'Yes!'. To think...I was completely out of it on anaesthetic and STILL recognised the song and sung it :lol:. Cheers should have been #1! I love the breezy laidback feel to it! Man Down is fucking hot! The reggae theme >>>>>!! I also loved her response to the video backlash. I love her singing on CKB. I do get bored of some songs though (Complicated, Fading).

Talk That Talk - probably my 2nd favourite Rih album. We Found Love slayed as a lead single - so much so that I feel it made the other singles capsize and sink :lol:. Where Have You Been is my life!!! I can never get bored of that. I have a sick routine to it in my head but I have no dance skills. You Da One & TTT were cute. Cockiness & Birthday Cake :excited:!!! Every song is hot and perfect. Farewell is one I currently love the most since I relate it to a recent tragedy - which is weird because the exact same thing happened to Rih too within a week after me. It's like the song was meant for us.

We were very much the same in that lol, I didnt hate her but I fought myself on liking her and was TRYYYYYING so hard not to but she kept making (imo) better music than Bey, and I couldnt deny my honest feelings of that.

I like how our reviews of the 4 main 1s are similar lol, I see whatchu doin.... :shifty:spread-em.gif

We were very much the same in that lol, I didnt hate her but I fought myself on liking her and was TRYYYYYING so hard not to but she kept making (imo) better music than Bey, and I couldnt deny my honest feelings of that.

I like how our reviews of the 4 main 1s are similar lol, I see whatchu doin.... :shifty:

It's great seeing her come into her own as a star. She really has improved over the years! I just wish she'd give better performances...I'm still not feeling her live. She has 2/3 hot performances and then several dull ones.

LOL at you!

It's great seeing her come into her own as a star. She really has improved over the years! I just wish she'd give better performances...I'm still not feeling her live. She has 2/3 hot performances and then several dull ones.

LOL at you!

Yea I feel the same way about her coming into her own, its great to see it happen right in front of us. I gotta give her credit since Where have You been, like I see more effort now than ever. When I saw her live in 08......she looked AMAZING.........she sounded..........SHE LOOKED REALLY GOOD YO LOL, and funny too....yeah....So comparing her performances now to then its like a whole other world. I think it might've started with the Grammy performance where I noticed a turn around.

LOL, honest to Janhova truth is that I've been waiting months to use that gif lol, I got 2 more Im going to try to use too.

Yea I feel the same way about her coming into her own, its great to see it happen right in front of us. I gotta give her credit since Where have You been, like I see more effort now than ever. When I saw her live in 08......she looked AMAZING.........she sounded..........SHE LOOKED REALLY GOOD YO LOL, and funny too....yeah....So comparing her performances now to then its like a whole other world. I think it might've started with the Grammy performance where I noticed a turn around.

LOL, honest to Janhova truth is that I've been waiting months to use that gif lol, I got 2 more Im going to try to use too.

I love how she's stepped her dancing up...she's no Janet but at least she tries :lol:. I loved the choreo to Cockiness and WHYB. I have a feeling she's going to be dancing more and more.

I love how she's stepped her dancing up...she's no Janet but at least she tries :lol:. I loved the choreo to Cockiness and WHYB. I have a feeling she's going to be dancing more and more.

My cousin said, "its like every era she gets more and more talented" (he's dont really care about her, he's not a hater or a fan lol) but.....it kinda seems true in alot of aspects lol. But yea I LOVE that she's finally taking dancing seriously, tho I REALLLLLY wish she started doing that with Loud (can you imagine dance routines for Only Girl, What's My Name, S&M, and Mandown? I can and it always slays lol). But what's most important is that she's doing it now (tho I was also really hoping for a sick/sexy routine for You Da One). And she's constantly trying to make herself a better singer, performer and dancer, and I SOOOOOOOO RESPECT that.

I haven't listened to her first album, and I didn't think her second was anything worth writing home about. Good Girl Gone Bad was definitely an improvement, but I always thought (and still think) it was overrated. "Umbrella", "Disturbia" and "Rehab" are some of my favorite Rihanna songs, while "Shut Up and Drive" and "Hate That I Love You" rank as some of my least favorites. "Breakin' Dishes" is annoying to me; I never got what everyone else liked about it. I was more into "Lemme Get That".

Rated R is definitely her best album. Not only cohesive, but the material itself is much stronger than anything she had put out before. "Cold Case Love" is the album's highlight for me. Loud was cute at the time, but I can't bring myself to listen to much of it today. "Only Girl (In the World)" is the only song I find myself going back to, which I initially couldn't stand. Talk That Talk was serviceable, much like its predecessor. I definitely prefer it to Loud, probably because it's still fresh to me. Only time will tell how I really feel about it.

YASSSS Princess Rihanna, finally!!

Music Of The Sun (2005) - I was a fan once I heard "Pon De Replay" and found out she was from Barbados and has a Guyanese mother, pop music needed a Caribbean queen! "If It's Lovin' That You Want" made me like her even more. "Let Me", "Willing To Wait", "Here I Go Again", "That La La La", "No No No", "The Last Time", "Rush", and "Music Of The Sun" are my other favorites. "Now I Know" is such a cute and almost funny attempt at her doing a diva ballad, but I've warmed up to it. 7 years seems like such a long time ago.

A Girl Like Me (2006) - LOVE this album. "We Ride", "Kisses Don't Lie", and "Selfish Girl" are my favorites from here. I can listen to the entire album from start to finish...well, except for "Dem Haters" and "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", they could have kept that and put the two GREAT overseas bonus tracks "Who You Gonna Run To" and "Coulda Been The One".

Good Girl Gone Bad (2007) - This album was in my car throughout all of summer 2007. I was so happy she was getting the recognition she deserved and bitches were taking her seriously. Her hair styles, "Umbrella", and "Don't Stop The Music" pretty much owned the year. "Rehab" will forever remain my favorite song from this album. "Say It" and "Breakin Dishes" are my JAMS!

Reloaded (2008) - "Disturbia" has grown on me so much. The other two are just okay to me lately.

Rated R (2009) - My FAVORITE Rihanna album!!!! "Photographs", "Te Amo", "The Last Song", "Cold Case Love", "G4L", "Hard", "Stupid In Love", and my favorite single from her ever, "Rude Boy". Lawd, for me, "Rude Boy" was a MOMENT. Each time I heard it on the radio or in the club, I would wine and grind my body out!

Loud (2010) - This album is just okay to me. I really enjoy "S&M", "Fading", "What's My Name", "Man Down", "Only Girl", "California King Bed", and "Raining Men". "Skin" and "LTWYL2" had to grow on me. "Cheers" and "Complicated" are my least favorite songs from her.

Talk That Talk (2011) - My second favorite Rihanna album. "WATCH N' LEARN" = MY TUNE! I don't even want to discuss anything else, because "Watch N' Learn" is just that great!

1. Rated R - 9/10

2. Talk That Talk - 8.5/10

3. A Girl Like Me - 7.5/10

4. Good Girl Gone Bad & Reloaded - 7/10

5. Loud - 6.5/10

6. Music Of The Sun - 6.5/10

Alright, I will try to be as nice as possible. :ph34r: (Only this green "alterego" will be negative so ignore these parts if you're easily offended lol.) Another disclaimer: this is only a commentary on her singles.

First I'll get most of the negative out of the way... When she first came out with "Pon de Replay," I absolutely hated her singing voice ~ too nasally for my liking, but I tolerate it now. On the bright side, she does remind me of Grace Jones in some respects... (as do Gaga and Nicki, but that's another discussion) They're both from the Caribbean, they make dance-pop music, some r&b and reggae, even rock occasionally, and they're both 5'8" lol.

The first single I took a liking to was "SOS," and it has remained one of my favorites. The Soft Cell sample works as great backbone. Didn't care so much for "Unfaithful" though - I just simply don't think her voice works well on ballads. (*saves potentially offended the trouble* Well Red Simba, your voice doesn't work anywhere so you have no room to talk! You're welcome. :P I totally ripped off Nuklehid there lol) The reggae remix is nice though! :)

Never saw the hype over "Umbrella" ... maybe I'm just bitter I kept losing a few umbrellas over the years. -_- While the beat sounds recycled, I like the concept a little. Now the followup "Shut Up The Drive," I used to play the heck out of that song ~ now THAT was fire! :lol:(as long as I don't get behind the wheel) I liked "Disturbia" more too. (way to go, Chris Brown can co-write a "bum-bum-bee-dum bum," and now he's one...)

I started to get tired of her by the time Loud came out. I kinda like the "Only Girl" vid though - it reminds me of Max's dream sequence from A Goofy Movie. Rihanna is Roxanne ~ white dress, red hair, and everything. I swear she knows this movie lol! "What's My Name" and "Man Down" were my favorites here. The latter was a refreshing break from her usual dance-pop singles. To me, she seems most natural when she really embraces her island roots.

So, genre-wise, I would prefer to see less "We Found Love"'s and more "Man Down"'s from her. I did like "Where Have You Been" for the video ~ she looked good, and wow she actually danced lol.

JMHO. Don't hate muh. -_-:lol:

--------------------------

Favorite single from each album:

Music of the Sun: "If It's The Lovin' That You Want"

A Girl Like Me: "SOS"

Good Girl Gone Bad: "Shut Up and Drive"

Rated R: "Hard"

Loud: "What's My Name"/"Man Down"

Talk That Talk: "Where Have You Been"

*favorite feature: "All of the Lights"

*enters thread*

aa9p1i_th-vi.gif

When Rihanna "burst" onto the music scene, I thought she was a one hit wonder with a style that would dissipate like steam. Here was another reggae dance pop song that would become a hit and then fade away into the abyss. I didn't care about her or what the hell she was going thru. I was like, "She's a one hit wonder and won't be around much longer". Boy was I wrong. I have never heard Rihanna's first two albums in full beside a few singles. I never cared to listen to them, but I will visit them sometime when I feel like it. :coffee: Since I'm a huge fan now, I feel that I should at least see how it all started. But when I feel like it. :coffee:

Anyway, I felt that her record company was forcing her to masses. AGLM yielded the number 1 hit "SOS", with it's familiar sample, but I still wasn't sold on her. I slightly gained interest with "Unfaithful" and the video. It was something seductive and captivating about how she was getting dressed to cheat on her boyfriend. I remember screaming "SLUT" at the tv when I was getting ready for work. :lmao: I found myself singing along to the song, but I still didn't give two fucks about her.

Then comes "Good Girl Gone Bad". Her image had shifted into this "bad girl" with the iconic haircut. "Umbrella" became a hit and arguably her signature song. I didn't care about the song, but since it was played so much, I just gave in and ella ella ella, eh eh eh the fucks radio gave to me. It was nice that Jay-Z was on the track, but that was Rihanna. Her subsequent songs SUAD and DSTM were cute, but the latter piqued my interest even more. The Michael Jackson chant was kinda brilliant. I love the song and still do. The hits kept coming and the re-release yielded more hits. But it was the "Disturbia" video and song that sold me on Rihanna. She seemed to push her artistic vision into overdrive with the video. She was taking more risks and was on her way to superstardom. It was the moment for me that made me really pay attention to her and see what she was gonna do next. The GGGB era was successful, but the album is kinda overrated. Sure she had the hits and stuff, but the stan community really has overrated the album.

Well, we know what happened after the GGGB era. The "incident" that potentially should have ended both her and Chris Brown's career. I still to this day blame both of them for being so damn dumb and could have handled whatever the situation of after their grammy performance. But sadly, it happened and things wouldn't be the same. It got so much media attention that I was sick of it. Sure Chris was wrong for what he did, but Rihanna wasn't a saint either. Her ass is tall and I'm sure she probably was fucking with Chris until he snapped. We will never know what truly happened that led to it, but I'm over it.

Rihanna stayed out of the spotlight only to re-emerge with two hip-hop heavyweights. RTT would put her back in the spotlight and she looked hotter than ever. I think this was the time that you guys would say that I started "stanning" for her. But she made that song with her goat-erral hook. That grimy beat was a pre-cursor to what would become her best work to date. :wub:

Rated R is Rihanna's masterpiece. I don't use the term loosely because it really showed her artistic integrity. Imagine her coming out with "Loud" after the incident. People would have laughed her out of the music world.. :lol: She tackled the incident head on and even came out with a ballad type song as the first official release(Although "Wait Your Turn" was the "buzz single" :ph34r: ). I'm glad she took a risk with "Russian Roulette" and released it. The song summed up how dangerous love can really be. And some said it was about suicide.. :sigh: She followed it up with one of my favorite songs and videos "Hard" and the number 1 smash "Rude Boy". :wub: After "Rude Boy" it was evident that she didn't have anymore radio singles. But it had the masterpiece "Cold Case Love" on it.. :wub: It's quite possibly Rihanna's best song lyrically. :wub: Her fashion game was on point and she had matured so much. When Diane Sawyer interviewed her, she looked like a black Sharon Stone in her dress.. :wub::lol: That was a fantastic interview and it made me love her even more.

I'm glad she decided to work with Eminem on the summer smash "Love The Way You Lie"..she didn't have another single to impact radio from Rated R. so it was good to see her back. And then we found out she was releasing her solo single from a new album. Girl don't even know how to take a break. "Only Girl" emerged and I liked it but didn't love it. But hearing it in your car with that bass and I fell in love with it. It's a very hard song to sing, even if it's a dance song. That was evident when the contestants on the tv show "The Voice" was given it and the girls did an ok job. But my favorite song from RiRi came after that and that's "What's My Name".. :wub: I can't explain how I wore this song OUT. It's something about her island twang and the beat that sends me in a frenzy.. :wub: I'm still shocked that "S&M" went to number 1..and you have to give her props for having her first single go to number 1 after her second single went to number 1..only a bad bitch.. :wub: Another one of the highlights from "Loud" is "Man Down"..what other major pop bitch could go from club songs to a straight up Reggae song.. :wub: Controversy ensued and Rihanna stayed unbothered. B) "Cheers" was pretty much a song saying goodbye to the Loud era and hello to the new one. I don't look at "Loud" as a step back from the brilliance of Rated R. She was in a different space and sporting another iconic look: The red hair. She was getting better as a performer and seemed more confident on stage. This era solidified her as a bonafide superstar.

TTT is my second fave album. It's still fresh to me, but it incorporated all types of sounds..moreover the electronic/dance stuff. "We Found Love" and the video were EPIC. -_- That breakdown and that keyboard is addictive. Rihanna held her own with Calvin Harris' production and the lyrics were sad. "We found love in a hopeless place". :cry:-_- I don't think the record company knew that this song was going to be that huge. And although I liked "You Da One", they never should have released the song. This era was kind of disjointed and all over the place. I'm glad she released "Where Have You Been" because it's another great song. I don't think there will be another single release from the album. It could have been bigger, but oh well. In ten years, "We Found Love" will be considered a dance classic.

Rihanna came on to the scene as a dance reggae artist and has grown into a international superstar. She took risks with her sound and image and has done different types of genre. She flows effortlessly from pop, rnb, reggae, dance, and rock. She has grown as a performer and she has a unique voice made for pop music. She's not as talented as some of her counterparts, but she still slays. I think she's the only person that will say when she's had enough with music. But she's working on her 7th album..so until then..

rihc-vi.gif

• Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

I still don’t mess with the first 2 -_-.

I’m not big on GGGB anymore tbh. I think Rih has spoiled us (and improved) so much that this album has become her Janet Jackson/Dream Street (Just my opinion).

Rated R – Still knocks. Love it. Intrihspective. I think with this album Rih came into her own. GGGB was great but you could tell this was where she started taking more control. Russian Roulette is actually my favourite despite the others being far superior. I always imagined her performing it in a glass cube that’s filling with water. Eventually it fills up once she’s finished singing “so just pull the trigger” and then it’s the continued dramatic music (so she’s basically holding her breathe in the water) until the gunshot…which smashes the cube. That would slay imo. Controversy-galore. “Rih attempts suicide live?”. Rude Boy still slays. Te Amo is as impressive as ever. Cold Case Love, Rockstar, Hard, Stupid, Fire, GFL, Last >>>>>> I still don’t like Photographs though..

Loud – not as impressed with this album as I was. I don’t like Fading, Raining Men, Complicated and Skins tbh…those songs I have to be in the mood for. Only Girl is just blah – overplayed and overrated. S&M is cute. What's My Name, Man Down, Cali Bed and Cheers SLAY!!! I still get my life from them. I actually miss Loud Rihanna. I miss the look and vibe. But this era made me a FAN!

Talk That Talk – Strong album overall. You Da One is ok but tbh she should have never released it. WFL and WHYB still expose my follicle! I am so obsessed with Watch N Learn and Drunk In Love. But my ultimate favourite has to be Do Ya Thang.

See I know you like being round chicks

And looking at hips, and a little outfit

What can I say

tumblr_mejsxjdUEo1qgy8r3o1_500.gif

It’s so summery and I have great memories too it. Cockiness, Birthday Cake are as iconic as ever imo. Farewell :cry:. I loved the risqué, sauciness and titillating porniness of it. This was a Rihanna that truly gave no fucks…

Unapologetic – I’d say this is my favourite album of hers tbqh. It pisses me off how half-assed this era was though. So many potential hits! There are no songs on here but ANTHEMS. Phresh >>>>. If I was a woman I’d walk down the aisle to that :shifty:. Pour It Up fucking rocks (which imo gave birth to ratchet followings). Loveeeee Song is my jam still. It takes me somewhere but I don’t know where. It just moves me so much. Jump makes me want to get high. What Now – I dissed it recently but lately I love it. We see Rihanna as this strong confident woman who will fuck a bitch up but What Now brings a vulnerability to her – an innocence. Stay should be renamed Slay. This was the proof that Rihanna could sing…and it showed so much growth from that bajan flop that swam across the Atlantic/Caribbean for her Def Jam audition. Nobody’s Business – MEH. Whatever. LAT/MM – Pure Genius. Get It Over With and No Love Allowed are cute bops. Lose In Paradise is deep. Half Of Me >>>>>>> I swear that should have been some form of a single. It was everything that the industry needed to hear about her imo. Emeli did her thing.

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU BU for giving new life to Discog chat lol, I'll be updating some that need updating this week, and putting up a brand new 1 this coming Friday

1st 2 albums I don't use too much but for the singles

GGGB I only use here & there, love it, love the era & the videos still but kinda growing out of it too.

Rated R, loving it more & more through the years

Loud Still my fave

Talk That Talk............................................I forget it exists beyond my fave songs alot, I HATE actually having to type that and honestly say that but I only use that album for WFL & WHYB mostly, despite that there are songs I really love like You Da One & Farewell & Rock Me Out & Cockiness, I don't crave them anymore

UNAPOLOGETIC SLAYYYYYS, Diamonds & Stay are easily in my top 10 of best Rihanna songs EVER, and I'm wit ma boo Bu, so much damn wasted potential, Jump would've slayed as a summer single, hell What now needed some love, etc, I hope this is the last era she starts the tour for almost immediately after starting because I'd put money on that that was the big problem.

My new ranking

1.Loud

2.Unapologetic

3.Rated R

4.TalkThatTalk

5.Good Girl Gone Bad

6.A Girl Like Me

7.Music Of The Sun

• Upvote 1

I will go on record and say that "Unapologetic" is my fave Rihsus album.

i8jpwX0utJ7lw.gif

Rated Rihsus will have to deal.

iQ9LxsNk2L1hD.gif

It's just so consistent. There's no drop in it at all - and the songs flow well into each other. Unapologetic is her best. It's a Rihanna that's sure of herself and I love the confidence that oozes from it.

PS I die whenever something happens to someone and someone from ATRL says "Ha Rated R era is coming." Ha impact! lmao.gif

• Upvote 1

THANK YOU BU for giving new life to Discog chat lol, I'll be updating some that need updating this week, and putting up a brand new 1 this coming Friday

1st 2 albums I don't use too much but for the singles

GGGB I only use here & there, love it, love the era & the videos still but kinda growing out of it too.

Rated R, loving it more & more through the years

Loud Still my fave

Talk That Talk............................................I forget it exists beyond my fave songs alot, I HATE actually having to type that and honestly say that but I only use that album for WFL & WHYB mostly, despite that there are songs I really love like You Da One & Farewell & Rock Me Out & Cockiness, I don't crave them anymore

UNAPOLOGETIC SLAYYYYYS, Diamonds & Stay are easily in my top 10 of best Rihanna songs EVER, and I'm wit ma boo Bu, so much damn wasted potential, Jump would've slayed as a summer single, hell What now needed some love, etc, I hope this is the last era she starts the tour for almost immediately after starting because I'd put money on that that was the big problem.

My new ranking

1.Loud

2.Unapologetic

3.Rated R

4.TalkThatTalk

5.Good Girl Gone Bad

6.A Girl Like Me

7.Music Of The Sun

Not as long as "Watch N Slay", "Rih Me Out", "Slay That Talk", "We All Want To Slay"and "Drunk On Rih" exists.

iqcSPUfUQSmhf.gif

It's just so consistent. There's no drop in it at all - and the songs flow well into each other. Unapologetic is her best. It's a Rihanna that's sure of herself and I love the confidence that oozes from it.

PS I die whenever something happens to someone and someone from ATRL says "Ha Rated R era is coming." Ha impact! lmao.gif

My heart hurts for writing that, but the more I listen to it, the more it shits. Rated R still holds a very special place in muh heart. But Unapologetic shits..from beginning to end. "Lost In Parihdise" SHITS TO THE HIGH HEAVENS. My wig will stay permanently snatched. Not only does she sound FANTASTIC but the production is TOP NOTCH. I must shout out all the collaborators and producers. They really did their thing.

:lmao: :lmao: They are hilarious. Their language and lingo have me in tears. :lmao: