The Fate of State of the World [Tour Continuation]

She's been on tour since what 2015? I think it would be wiser to stop, focus on the new era, let the hype this last leg created build up and then tour.

She can make a whole new tour with songs that she's never performed but imo it's really not needed. People went to see her on this tour and most likely will see the next one. I think she should focus on the new era, new image new music and after that create a whole new concept for a whole new tour and go on the road with that.

• Upvote 2

Yall are so petty. :rolleyes:

Anyway, all this positive feedback from publications seeing that Janet is still one hell of a performer. 

Like Sphenxie(:rolleyes:) said, a new look, concept, album, and then tour would be dope.  She desperately needs to tour overseas..

And LEGEND, come to BRAZIL! -_-

People carrying on like theyd be offended if she used pyros/props ?

If she bothers with Europe, she cant just copy and paste the current concept...it will need tweaking. How long that will take I don't know ?‍♀️ but it feels we are being trolled at this point ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, vibeology said:

People carrying on like theyd be offended if she used pyros ?

If she bothers with Europe, she cant just copy and paste the current concept...it will need tweaking. How long that will take I don't know ?‍♀️ but it feels we are being trolled at this point ?

I wouldn't be offended..it's just she hasn't used them in a while, so I don't care if they are missing.

I really feel for you guys.  -_-  Maybe she's trying to get her international audience back with this song..but still, it's been way too long since she's toured overseas.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hotboy06 said:

I wouldn't be offended..it's just she hasn't used them in a while, so I don't care if they are missing.

I really feel for you guys.  -_-  Maybe she's trying to get her international audience back with this song..but still, it's been way too long since she's toured overseas.

I wasn't referring to you. I just don't think we have to be so defensive of Her talents which are so obvious to us.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, vibeology said:

People carrying on like theyd be offended if she used pyros ?

People here acting excited over fireworks is the real kicker and pretending that that’s what makes a show “amazing”

Never have I been to a Janet show and thought “I wish she had fireworks”

Yea Janet is amazing regardless of her age..

but let’s be ? in here like the grown fkn adults we all are: Janet isn’t out there actively choosing to ditch pyro, it’s merely for budgetary reasons... it’s clear as day! She had pyro/smoke effects through the entire Unbreakable Tour (except in smaller venues), then she postponed everything to have a baby, and then came back and suddenly her show got less grand and visually spectacular and that left Gil attempting to convince fans it was a choice they made to not have stage effects because it’s “all about the lighting” nowadays... that’s bs..

yes janet is proving she can perform without effects (I mean duh obviously), but that doesn’t mean the effects would make the show worse... they could ONLY enhance what she’s already doing

and don’t even act like if she had pyro at her next show that you’d be like “oh wow why does she have that?! She don’t need it! Someone tell her to take the pyro out of the show!! ?” 

? 

I've read a few comments here as I quickly scrolled through this thread I will be book marking it to comeback and had out suspensions as I see fit.  Wait..... I'm not Angie :unsure:

:lol:  No but Janet doesn't require the bells and whistles and bare in mind that kinda stuff increases tour overhead costs, she's got her costs down to where her shows are bankable as much as possible Banknet is real -_-   I also read a comment that said another nameless :rolleyes: female Icon uses pyro, she does not, my understanding of it is she's afraid of those like she literally has a fear of explosions and quite possibly choreography that requires more than a two step a biscuit and a side of cole slaw :unsure:

I feel like I'm still on a high from the Panorama performance... But I feel like the reviews from that performance and most of the stops on this current tour are some of the best I've ever read. Maybe the lack of pyro and special effects really allows people to focus on the dancing/choreography, which is she is bringing 110%. You can feel the renewed fire and energy in her moves this time that I feel like I haven't seen at this level in awhile. 

I know HBO doesn't really do live concerts much these days, but if this tour does get extended through the fall it would be awesome to see it wrapped up at a bigger venue and televised or recorded for some sort of release on a streaming service at least. (Hopefully part of the rumored Netflix deal)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, kaeh1213 said:

I feel like I'm still on a high from the Panorama performance... But I feel like the reviews from that performance and most of the stops on this current tour are some of the best I've ever read. Maybe the lack of pyro and special effects really allows people to focus on the dancing/choreography, which is she is bringing 110%. You can feel the renewed fire and energy in her moves this time that I feel like I haven't seen at this level in awhile. 

I know HBO doesn't really do live concerts much these days, but if this tour does get extended through the fall it would be awesome to see it wrapped up at a bigger venue and televised or recorded for some sort of release on a streaming service at least. (Hopefully part of the rumored Netflix deal)

I didn’t notice the pyro was missing until after that show. Janet was tooo amazing, and the ground was too muddy for me to worry about pyro ?

i didn’t notice pyro until Beyoncé on Monday, and I was like “hmm Janet didn’t have this”.... but Beyoncé barely danced, looked dead in the face, and had uninspired/reductive hair choreo....

I’m glad Janet isn’t using shit but her own talent to sell herself and her art 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, janet.1814 said:

I didn’t notice the pyro was missing until after that show. Janet was tooo amazing, and the ground was too muddy for me to worry about pyro ?

i didn’t notice pyro until Beyoncé on Monday, and I was like “hmm Janet didn’t have this”.... but Beyoncé barely danced, looked dead in the face, and had uninspired/reductive hair choreo....

I’m glad Janet isn’t using shit but her own talent to sell herself and her art 

Furthering my point that a real performer doesn’t need tricks and mirrors to put on an excellent show in the year 2018

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dal said:

but let’s be ? in here like the grown fkn adults we all are: Janet isn’t out there actively choosing to ditch pyro, it’s merely for budgetary reasons... it’s clear as day! She had pyro/smoke effects through the entire Unbreakable Tour (except in smaller venues), then she postponed everything to have a baby, and then came back and suddenly her show got less grand and visually spectacular and that left Gil attempting to convince fans it was a choice they made to not have stage effects because it’s “all about the lighting” nowadays... that’s bs..

yes janet is proving she can perform without effects (I mean duh obviously), but that doesn’t mean the effects would make the show worse... they could ONLY enhance what she’s already doing

and don’t even act like if she had pyro at her next show that you’d be like “oh wow why does she have that?! She don’t need it! Someone tell her to take the pyro out of the show!! ?” 

?

So a while back, I posted my "fan guesstimate" of how much Janet has to spend per tour performance... 

How much is Janet spending on operating expenses?? My rough estimate based on what some of the more expensive arena tours tend to cost... 

10k to secure the date for a venue,

20-40k to rent the venue on performance day 

20k to pay for the venue's staff. 

100k per performance = pay, living costs for the tour staff

30-50k some sort of cut to LiveNation, possibly paid beforehand to guarantee the tour.  

Total operating expenses = $200k per show

Tack on to that one less dancer, slightly less intricate costumes (as they'd have to be performing in the heat of summer) I suspect this is still close to accurate, with one significant exception... 3 of the shows were a guaranteed net for Janet because she served as the festival headliner.  So starting out this leg of the tour ahead is a big plus.  But equally as important? 2 of them give her huge promotion throughout the local markets, buzz to festival circuit devotees across the globe, and exposure to new (younger) audiences that are less familiar with her INCREDIBLE, WIG SNATCHING, LIFE GETTING catalog.  

In summation, I'm ok with a break from the pyro if it means MUVA and her crew can take a little more home for their own pockets.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wayneashleymusic said:

So a while back, I posted my "fan guesstimate" of how much Janet has to spend per tour performance... 

How much is Janet spending on operating expenses?? My rough estimate based on what some of the more expensive arena tours tend to cost... 

10k to secure the date for a venue,

20-40k to rent the venue on performance day 

20k to pay for the venue's staff. 

100k per performance = pay, living costs for the tour staff

30-50k some sort of cut to LiveNation, possibly paid beforehand to guarantee the tour.  

Total operating expenses = $200k per show

Tack on to that one less dancer, slightly less intricate costumes (as they'd have to be performing in the heat of summer) I suspect this is still close to accurate, with one significant exception... 3 of the shows were a guaranteed net for Janet because she served as the festival headliner.  So starting out this leg of the tour ahead is a big plus.  But equally as important? 2 of them give her huge promotion throughout the local markets, buzz to festival circuit devotees across the globe, and exposure to new (younger) audiences that are less familiar with her INCREDIBLE, WIG SNATCHING, LIFE GETTING catalog.  

In summation, I'm ok with a break from the pyro if it means MUVA and her crew can take a little more home for their own pockets.  

I feel what ur saying and I respect it.. especially cuz of the way you broke it down.. and by no means am intending to say that her show isn’t spectacular or exciting as it is, because of course it is.. hell if she rolled out a porta-potty on stage and spent 90 min taking a dump half the members on this forum would still say she took the greatest dump she’s ever taken... all I’m saying is it’s odd that on the first leg she had stage effects and then on the 2nd/3rd leg she doesn’t... the UWT was clearly more elaborate and I just hope that one day she can get back to that type of grand style of concert staging... as it is now the SOTW tour is closer to UCAP staging than anything else

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, Dal said:

?

i don't recall that :lol: either when I watched in NC or the repeated clips Ive seen

edit: I remember in the BIU intro but that's it

6 hours ago, Dal said:

I feel what ur saying and I respect it.. especially cuz of the way you broke it down.. and by no means am intending to say that her show isn’t spectacular or exciting as it is, because of course it is.. hell if she rolled out a porta-potty on stage and spent 90 min taking a dump half the members on this forum would still say she took the greatest dump she’s ever taken... all I’m saying is it’s odd that on the first leg she had stage effects and then on the 2nd/3rd leg she doesn’t... the UWT was clearly more elaborate and I just hope that one day she can get back to that type of grand style of concert staging... as it is now the SOTW tour is closer to UCAP staging than anything else

And UCAP was a world tour, so that’s probably a big reason for the calculus... keep it lean so you really can go worldwide without running Katy Perry-style overhead. 

I think I said this on the SOTW 1 thread, but I do think a few accent pieces (both costumes and sets) would make a significant impact, even if they only serve to help vary the textures of the visuals. I’ve always loved Janet’s past treatments for Alright... how she’d typically do a zoot suit, but going from black in the RN tour to bold  colors on the JWT through AFY. It’s also an iconic dance piece that really changes the flow of how the dances look. So something like that would be nice. 

Would be great to see a scaled version of a whimsical section too, again mainly as a variation of texture. Height differences in stage level, like she used to have with the huge TV boxes, would do wonders to give it a more grandiose feel. IMO that’s the other main reason that Unbreakable felt like a bigger production.  She was up on the staircases and they took full advantage of them at times. 

SOTW is just such a great tour and Janet and her team are already doing the work at a superior level.  If they ever wanted to open the budget, those are the places I would start we’re I on the team.

But given the unique set of burdens that she has faced in her career, I understand why it’s so important to proceed with caution as well so I’m here for it either way. 

SOTW is the UB tour with an updated set list and without the occasional steps used on the side. Literally. 

SOTW has better visuals IMO & UB the Eagle was a bit - eh to me. She was in her eclectic space & while symbolically it has very dope meaning...for those not plugged into that they totally miss it. 

UCAP was Janet’s most underwhelming tour & we all should know what it was truly about at that time. SOTW is by far miles away from it. 

• Upvote 1

You know it’s funny! ???? 

I remember back in the day, fans were complaining heavily about her tours ALWAYS looking and feeling the same (Control medley, whimsical medley, audience participation during her explicit performances, etc.) What I LOVED about the RWYT was how she completely changed and switched up how she did her setlist. Since then Janet has changed up how she did each tour with small similarities here and there. UCAP was different, scaled down completely while UB was more elaborate but still focused on less of the grander of her usual tours.

Honestly, SOTW1 and especially SOWT2 have been awesome visually just because of similar yet different they are. Both set list are a fun mix of iconic hits and deep cuts. I don’t care how much fans miss the magic and wonder of her pyrotechnics, explosions and big sets, I LOVE how Janet is delivering her hits in new ways to her fans and surprising us with new choreography with these never before performed deep cuts!!! ??

• Like 1

the only complaints I heard from just people in chat over Janet's tours were of course the whimsical, people called that out as overdone and it was time to do something else, problem I had is she took that moment away but didnt really have a replacement

The graphics and screens for SOTW are, oh I don't know, 1,000 times better than what was used for the UCAP. The video dedication before the show started was barely, if even hi-def (at least it seems that way at the Chicago stop). But the ones she's touring with now are crystal clear and make the biggest difference.

It's funny, I know there's not much a set on the stage (no offense to those light boxes on either side), but I don't think of it as being scaled back as a whole. The screens are so big! The choreography is so major! She does costume changes! (And not a single pair of drop-crotch pants grace the stage...hehe) Because they put so much extra effort into these details, I really didn't miss any of those extras like fireworks or levels on the stage. And i don't think I'd change a thing. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, kaeh1213 said:

The graphics and screens for SOTW are, oh I don't know, 1,000 times better than what was used for the UCAP. The video dedication before the show started was barely, if even hi-def (at least it seems that way at the Chicago stop). But the ones she's touring with now are crystal clear and make the biggest difference.

It's funny, I know there's not much a set on the stage (no offense to those light boxes on either side), but I don't think of it as being scaled back as a whole. The screens are so big! The choreography is so major! She does costume changes! (And not a single pair of drop-crotch pants grace the stage...hehe) Because they put so much extra effort into these details, I really didn't miss any of those extras like fireworks or levels on the stage. And i don't think I'd change a thing. 

Exactly, this is stage simple and elegant and effective, much like Rhythm Nation. It totally works for her, but I'm also down for a more vivid and eclectic staging for the next tour, and I think she will head in that direction if the video set is any indication.

there is one issue I have read consistently, and it goes as a double edged sword, with only one edge presented, I have read multiple comments from festival goers saying no one in the line up was someone they wanted, I have not read any comments from someone that said, "didnt expect to like nor love the Janet show, but I did" ?