Official Thread - President Justin Timberlake - 2013 #1 Selling Album Of The Year

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Huh?????? I didn't come at you sideways and/or crazy. There was absolutely nothing about my post that was offensive at all. Can see straight?

It's a forum. Ppl respond to posts. I was tryna connect the dots of you not liking one album and letting that play a part in being the deciding factor as to if you're gonna go to a concert. I never heard of that before...which is why I entertained your post to begin with. Quit being sensitive. What is wrong with you people, is it the heat?

• Upvote 1

I think he meant me Dayz

um the two posts above took thangs out there, let folks be free to say what the hell they think, neither one of you had to come in here spewing that shit :blink: I said I wasn't sure I wanted to pay 400 bucks to see the man promote his latest album...stay mad :filenails:

If you don't.. Someone else will :coffee:

you see when an artist's fans start to stan, that moment when they defy logic and reason (see the Beehive) that's when I stop listening....that's another reason I wouldn't go actually, some of Justin's fans think way too much of him :coffee:...and as for sensitive, I can readily predict whose going to come at me, complain, get mad over what was said, because heaven forbid someone criticize JT, and rightfully so. I'm glad to not be in that place ...I don't stan for mediocrity nor do I get in my e-feelings over others that do :filenails:

If you have to convince yourself to see somebody...why even go?

And you not liking his last album...what does that have to do with his live show? He's gonna be performing hits that you do know and/or like ..not all the songs off the new album. The show is not gonna be centered around one album. They never are...all concert goers know that.

I will be seeing him Thursday

if you really must go on following behind my posts at  least get your facts str8, for someone that's going to his show, you didn't know 17 tracks from his most recent album make up the setlist of the 32 songs performed at the show ...this tour is in support of an album some folks didn't feel. If you're going to try and explain anything to me or anyone else for that matter, please spend time knowing what you're talking about....it's called the 20/20 Experience tour for a reason :blink: ....

I said what I said because I have every right to do so, what I expect is grown men at the least can keep it moving if they don't agree, what I will not go back and forth about is why I'm somehow wrong for having an opinion that neither of you could understand ....

If he meant you.. then he needs to learn how to count becuz I was one of the "two posts above"

Now he should be Offended

on education, you don't wanna go there with me...you're the same one that up until recently spelled every other plural word in your vocabulary with a "zzzz"....keep it moving outta my ass crack son :coffee:

if you really must go on following behind my posts at  least get your facts str8, for someone that's going to his show, you didn't know 17 tracks from his most recent album make up the setlist of the 32 songs performed at the show ...this tour is in support of an album some folks didn't feel. If you're going to try and explain anything to me or anyone else for that matter, please spend time knowing what you're talking about....it's called the 20/20 Experience tour for a reason :blink: ....

Talk about defying logic and reason... :umm: PJT has been touring for over a year? Pulling in numbers and selling out arenas from an album that "some folks didn't feel" yet "some folk" are paying $400+ to see him shimmy his white ass all over the world

Go back to stanning for Iggy, the fraudulent Australian rapper.. Go buy her tickets when she opens with Ciara 

Talk about defying logic and reason... :umm: PJT has been touring for over a year? Pulling in numbers and selling out arenas from an album that "some folks didn't feel" yet "some folk" are paying $400+ to see him shimmy his white ass all over the world

Go back to stanning for Iggy, the fraudulent Australian rapper.. Go buy her tickets when she opens with Ciara 

I might.... :umm:  but let's get back to you not being so pressed over what I think of JT, oh and stop with the PJT thing it's distracting to take that seriously ...now back to facts, although the tour did perform well over seas, it has yet to prove it's staying power on this latest leg of the tour, first in the US leg of the tour he only played large US cities, it wasn't even full scale with the number of stops planned, suddenly in the midst of his US tour in 2013 he hoped over to Europe where demand was strong, now with little to no promotion through his album which isn't in the top 40 even, he's trying a 5th leg of his tour in the states....wikipedia is your friend

I might.... :umm:  but let's get back to you not being so pressed over what I think of JT, oh and stop with the PJT thing it's distracting to take that seriously ...now back to facts, although the tour did perform well over seas, it has yet to prove it's staying power on this latest leg of the tour, first in the US leg of the tour he only played large US cities, it wasn't even full scale with the number of stops planned, suddenly in the midst of his US tour in 2013 he hoped over to Europe where demand was strong, now with little to no promotion through his album which isn't in the top 40 even, he's trying a 5th leg of his tour in the states....wikipedia is your friend

I'll stop with the President J. Timberlake when he stops shitting on all ya favs  

Name an artist from his generation that can get 5 legs of a tour... I'll wait :coffee: and How is your argument gonna be "He has yet to prove his staying power.... He's trying his 5th leg" :lmao: It doesn't matter if he's performing in small halls or arenas.. He's still making money and selling out tickets.. Mind you, the most expensive tickets of the Summer (including BJ's Duo Tour)... I'm not here for your pettiness

You do know how tours work, right? A touring artist will tour one continent, take a break, start another... and repeat.. :umm: That's what P!nk does, that's what Beyonce does, that's what the every touring act does..

And what does all that matter? Either you go to his show or not... He's already a successful touring act.. And there is nothing you can do about it. :lmao: 

I wouldn't pay $400 to see anyone unless their name is Janet Jackson, however...I would go and see this show. I'm probably going to see the show in New York or Los Angeles later this year, depending on where I spend my vacation.

• Upvote 1

After finding a ticket at a price I found acceptable, I set out to see Justin Timberlake live. Bare in mind I had seen him on his joint tour with Christina 10 years ago at the same venue. I wondered was the show going to have an audience? How big would the set be? Would there be slow moments that dragged the energy down? I walked into the show without doing any youtube viewing did not check the setlist again beyond the one time I had to count songs from JT's current album. So I left it all to surprise...I get to the venue, and there is a huge amount of traffic...which indicates, good crowd first impressions....it took about 20 minutes to get into the parking lot. Justin Timberlake actually succeeded in bringing out a crowd that filled the arena on a cool weather Michigan Monday.

098_zps7a9524dd.jpg

Once in the venue I decided it was time to check this crowd out, who came to see JT? Mostly white females, no surprises there, and age varied, although I would say the crowd was a mature enough crowd that were clearly fans of JT that grew with him over the years. One thing of note next to very few people of color was present in these parts justin attracts a mostly upscale white audience... I next decided to check out that stage, meaning how big how over the topt was it? I must admit his show was not big on frills, no pyro, no smoke per se, but he did have a huge panel of video screen that went from the stage to the ceiling.

045_zps35f62ca3.jpg

There was a lot of energy!, One thing I must say is JT managed to keep the crowd on their feet the entire show without ever feeling rehearsed, he managed to actually be spontaneous, at one point , which was really cool, a lady directly behind me had a sign up stating it was her birthday, JT couldn't make out her name and we all repeated it "Reem" she was Arabic, anywho JT had the crowd sing Happy Birthday to this young woman who was crying and so excited right behind me.

The stage actually moved up and then OVER the crowd...it went from the very front of the concert floor to the back where JT continued his set for a minute including "Let the Groove In" ..it was amazing to see JT actually perform and work the entire arena, not just the privileged ones in the front (like me :) ) and it worked, people clapped when he said clap, people sang when he said help me out...problem was, more recent material folks did not know the lyrics to as well and those sing alongs didn't work but were not noticed by many. I also noticed he performed BBD's "Poison" which I rocked out to, and I don't know if that crowd even remebered the song....For a split moment JT did "Vibrant Thing" from Q-tip, I wondered if anyone noticed that....Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" was done, he did well, I would have liked less have the crowd sing along and more let us hear you...but it worked...some of the biggest high lights of the night were of course his hit songs, the ones we all remember, and that's where the show stood on it's best ground, "Cry Me a River" "Like I Love You" "Love Stoned" "Sexyback" ....every hit JT has, he performs and you feel that magic.

119_zps9c1bf71a.jpg

What I did not expect was a show that seemingly didn't have theatrical change, I mean there was no defining one moment from the next, the stage did not have set pieces that changed besides a piano, he did not do much with wardrobe, he may have changed a shirt here and there, but nothing that was a spectacle, which may have been fine because the band and the music was enough to keep us going, plus JT is very comfortable on stage, and actually quite humorous, I found him to be funny and making jokes on more than one occasion

122_zps1f87ba88.jpg
123_zps62d9cca9.jpg

People around me, mostly women, actually hit on me :blink: and I enjoyed the show, I enjoyed the music end, and JT worked the energy of the crowd to his advantage, he stayed dancing and I noticed even I was exhausted, but he worked tonight, thats to be respected. No one sat for this show, we were all on our feet.. All in all it was definitely worth seeing, JT has studied the greats and has translated that into his own act, and he easily performs...I wanted to see more of a show that had more frills and set changes, but the music seemed to be all blended in, that was sorta distracting because it felt like structure was missing that took you from okay here's a song from his debut and we're working through his music in sequence....not so...I had to think okay which album is this from? :unsure: