Poetic Justice - Kendrick Lamar and Drake [Samples ATAP]

Sexy song... i like it... i'm glad Drake is on this track... great exposure and the closest we're going to get to a Janet/Drake track

http://www.rap-up.co...poetic-justice/

Kendrick Lamar and Drake join forces on their highly-anticipated collaboration “Poetic Justice.”

The Compton MC and Canadian superstar trade verses about their special lady over the smooth Scoop DeVille-produced beat, which samples Janet Jackson’s 1994 hit “Any Time, Any Place.”

“A fatal attraction is common and what we have common is pain,” raps K-Dot, while Drizzy rhymes, “I can never write my wrongs unless I write ‘em down for real.”

“Poetic Justice” appears on Kendrick’s debut good kid, m.A.A.d city, in stores Monday.

• 1 month later...

Kendrick Lamar Wants Janet Jackson For 'Poetic Justice' Video

Compton MC begs his childhood icon, 'Janet, c'mon, Janet. No paperwork with the managers, contact the managers. This is artist to artist.'

By Rob Markman (@RobMarkman)

Makes sense that Kendrick Lamar would sample Janet Jackson on his critically acclaimed debut. During his formative years in the 1990s, Janet's reign and influence were inescapable, so as the Compton MC readies his next good kid, m.A.A.d city single, the Drake-assisted "Poetic Justice" seems like a no-brainer.

The track borrows its title from Janet's 1993 film and lifts a vocal sampling from her hit record "Any Time, Any Place" from the same year. For the song's video, K-Dot figures that once he and Drizzy work out their schedules, getting the OVO MC on set will be no problem, but if Kendrick has his way he'll also have a cameo for Ms. Jackson as well. "That'll be a blessing," he told MTV News on Friday just moments before he took the stage to headline at Power 106's annual Cali Christmas concert.

Lamar even went as far to make a personal pitch to the icon, hoping to eliminate the difficult process that often comes with working with a star of Jackson's stature. "Janet, c'mon, Janet. No paperwork with the managers, contact the managers. This is artist to artist," he pleaded. "This is a young boy that looked up to you for years. Please, yeah, video, Janet Jackson 'Poetic Justice.' It'll only be right."

That's not the only visual element Kendrick has planned. Part of good kid's appeal are the cinematic skits that piece the album's music together, so to play off of the album's strengths the TDE crew are working on a film that will complement the LP as well. "We actually started the visuals for this whole project," he said. "I called it a short film before I even started the actual foundation of the music."

http://www.mtv.com/n...ice-video.jhtml

I hope she deems K.Dot worthy enough - it's a great song. This'll introduce her to new audiences too :)

okay i'm so excited right now!! please read this (thank you for posting this because this needs to get out!)

Kendrick Lamar says he would love to have Janet Jackson be part of the visuals for his single “Poetic Justice”.

Heralded as one of the artists who will carry the torch for the West Coast in the future, Kendrick Lamar paid homage to the Tupac-starring flick on his track “Poetic Justice”, which borrows its title from the 1992 movie starring Pac and Janet Jackson. The Scoop Deville produced joint is laced with a sample from Janet’s “Any Time, Any Place”, and now K.Dot is reaching out to Miss Jackson to appear in the video for the single.

The GKMC rapper is just waiting this his and Drake’s schedule’s work and then they plan on shooting the visuals. Recently while at Power 106’s Cali Christmas concert, Kendrick spoke to MTV about the possibility of getting the uber star, Janet on set for the video.

He half-jokingly asked that Janet forego using her manager, and deal with all the paper work and just show up to set, “Janet, c’mon, Janet. No paperwork with the managers, contact the managers. This is artist to artist,” the Compton rapper adds, “This is a young boy that looked up to you for years. Please, yeah, video, Janet Jackson ‘Poetic Justice.’ It’ll only be right.”

It’s a stretch at the moment, but with Kendrick’s current appeal, and the tie in with her sample, and the track’s title, it would be amazing to see Janet bridge the gap of the two generations of hip hop and become part of the video.

source: http://www.eatinghiphop.com/2012/12/17/kendrick-lamar-reaches-out-to-janet-jackson-for-poetic-justice-video/

i'm literally excited! i hope janet says yes!