BRITNEY IS COMING

Aquaria

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An example is just that, an example...unless I were to specially say "The Neptunes are great" it should be taken as just that an example.

No you don't need to be prolific to be great, but to be one of THE greats you wouId also be prolific...which R.Kelly isn't. As he isn't one of THE greats.

The whole point of the discussion is overall greats..hence me continually emphasizing THE. No, he isn't one of the overall greats. That is the point. It has little to do with genre...he simply isn't one of THE greats.

Again, 'prolific' means to produce many works. Which R. Kelly has done this. He's prolific.

It has a lot to do with genre. You can be a great for any genre but also not be an overall great like Bob Dylan and The Beatles. R. Kelly is a R&B great but he's not considered an overall great. Case closed.

Thanks for playing.

TOF, I think you might be confusing prolific with renowned or something.

Art, I don't think you're understanding TOF's use of "prolific". He's using prolific in the context of 'high regard' per se.

I see what he's saying by being great, and being one of the greats. Example, Usher is a great dancer. But he's not one of the greatest to ever do it. There's definitely a difference.

Again, 'prolific' means to produce many works. Which R. Kelly has done this. He's prolific.

It has a lot to do with genre. You can be a great for any genre but also not be an overall great like Bob Dylan and The Beatles. R. Kelly is a R&B great but he's not considered an overall great. Case closed.

Thanks for playing.

And again..in this situation I would apply a term like "prolific" more so to one of THE greats...which R.Kelly isn't.

To an extent...yes. However I consider Quincy, Stevie, Prince, Mike, The great writer/producers behind the legendary Motown hits Holland–Dozier, Ashford and Simpson and others..THOSE are prolific producer/songwriters and THE greats. I simply don't put R.Kelly among that group.

Art, I don't think you're understanding TOF's use of "prolific". He's using prolific in the context of 'high regard' per se.

I see what he's saying by being great, and being one of the greats. Example, Usher is a great dancer. But he's not one of the greatest to ever do it. There's definitely a difference.

I posted the definition of 'prolific' for him and he keeps failing to understand it. BTW, I totally understand what he meant regarding being one of the greats. I stated that R. Kelly is considered to be one of the R&B greats but he's not considered to be up their with the ranks of Stevie Wonder and Bob Dylan. Who are world renowned musical greats. So yes, I understand the difference.

BTW, I'm not trying to start anything but do you gerls consider Janet one of THE greats :unsure: I'm just curious....

I am always nice. B) I'd rather give it to you straight versus leading you on. B)

And do not edit my post to make it seem like I'm saying something I'm not.

I don't edit, manipulate, and twists posts like you do. :rolleyes:

At least you're being honest...but one of these days. :shifty::excited::dance:

Look at Austineisha trying to be a mediator. :blush:

I would grab your booty, but I'm going to restrain myself. :shifty:

And again..in this situation I would apply a term like "prolific" more so to one of THE greats...which R.Kelly isn't.

To an extent...yes. However I consider Quincy, Stevie, Prince, Mike, The great writer/producers behind the legendary Motown hits Holland–Dozier, Ashford and Simpson and others..THOSE are prolific producer/songwriters and THE greats. I simply don't put R.Kelly among that group.

You still don't understand the term 'prolific'. I don't care if you feel that it's fit for THE greats and not R. Kelly. By definition in the dictionary he's considered 'prolific'.

Once again, I could give a rat's ass if you don't put R. Kelly 'up' their and DEATH at you including Mike along with those writers/producers. But R. Kelly is considered 'prolific'. He wrote and produced many, many songs for himself and other artists. He's worked with Quincy Jones, as well

BRITNEY IS GETTING READY TO SNATCH & SLAY!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE MUSIC!! :excited: :excited:

Britney is not bothered by the haters. She's looking forward to snatching the wigs of your favs without even trying.

britsmoke.gif

:coffee:

BRITNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY !!!!!!!!! WHOOOOO !! COME ON BYTCH !!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited::dance:

I posted the definition of 'prolific' for him and he keeps failing to understand it. BTW, I totally understand what he meant regarding being one of the greats. I stated that R. Kelly is considered to be one of the R&B greats but he's not considered to be up their with the ranks of Stevie Wonder and Bob Dylan. Who are world renowned musical greats. So yes, I understand the difference.

BTW, I'm not trying to start anything but do you gerls consider Janet one of THE greats :unsure: I'm just curious....

Yeah, I would put Robert in the R&B greats rank, but in the grand scheme of things, not quite.

Janet is definitely up there with the greats. But there's tiers. The top tier would be like The Beatles, Elvis, Stevie, Aretha, Rolling Stones, etc. Then there's another tier that's like Prince, Mike, Madonna, Elton, etc. I would put Janet in that second tier. The third tier would be like Whitney, Mariah, Rick James, etc.

I don't edit, manipulate, and twists posts like you do. :rolleyes:

At least you're being honest...but one of these days. :shifty::excited::dance:

Look at Austineisha trying to be a mediator. :blush:

I would grab your booty, but I'm going to restrain myself. :shifty:

You only didn't do it because I stopped you before you could. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You still don't understand the term 'prolific'. I don't care if you feel that it's fit for THE greats and not R. Kelly. By definition in the dictionary he's considered 'prolific'.

Once again, I could give a rat's ass if you don't put R. Kelly 'up' their and DEATH at you including Mike along with those writers/producers. But R. Kelly is considered 'prolific'. He wrote and produced many, many songs for himself and other artists. He's worked with Quincy Jones, as well

I understand it, I am telling you how I view it and use it in relation to THIS topic.

Nor do I care that he's wrote and produced many songs for himself and others...because again being a popular producer doesn't make you one of THE greats.

Yeah, I would put Robert in the R&B greats rank, but in the grand scheme of things, not quite.

Janet is definitely up there with the greats. But there's tiers. The top tier would be like The Beatles, Elvis, Stevie, Aretha, Rolling Stones, etc. Then there's another tier that's like Prince, Mike, Madonna, Elton, etc. I would put Janet in that second tier. The third tier would be like Whitney, Mariah, Rick James, etc.

Explain. Because even the former R&B greats have dubbed him a R&B legend and innovator.

Hmmm, you would put Janet in the 2nd tier? Interesting.

Archived