BRITNEY IS COMING

Aquaria

I figured the bristles would tickle the nerve ends. :shifty:

At this point I'm sure they've forgotten all about you considering that you're not on Twitter.

"...nobody knows the trouble you've seen / nobody knows your sorrow..." :tear:

lol and then I could paint :blush::whistle:^_^

I appreciate my homage though, gotta pay that homage B)

lion king :unsure:

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you contradicting yourself? :lol: You're saying what he has created is great but he's not one of the greats?

pro·lif·ic Adjective /prəˈlifik/

- (of an artist, author, or composer) Producing many works

* he was a prolific composer of operas

He's prolific and he's one of the greats. Deal with it.

Continue to fail, chile.

There is BIG difference between saying someone is great and saying they are one of THE greats.

I could say, for example, The Neptunes are great producers and will be well remembered in the years to come...and while that may to true..that is FAR from saying they are one THE greats. Which in essence is saying, they are apart of the greatest ever...two totally different things (again, just an example).

In this situation I would apply a term like "prolific" to one of THE greats..which R.Kelly isn't. :wave:

Continue to stan. :yep:

Does the Hot 100 know Mr. Golden Shower? :coffee: Do the Grammys? Does Rolling Stone? :coffee:

I don't see Robert going down as one of the greats.

http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/r-kelly/chart-history/37015

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/r-kelly/albumguide

:coffee:

Well, you've already established that you don't know much about his music therefore making your opinion invalid. :coffee:

http://www.billboard.com/#/artist/r-kelly/chart-history/37015

http://www.grammy.com/nominees

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/artists/r-kelly/albumguide

:coffee:

Well, you've already established that you don't know much about his music therefore making your opinion invalid. :coffee:

I never said I don't know much about her music. I simply said I've never cared for her. There's a difference. And again, it looks like not too many ppl know Mr. Golden Shower. :coffee:

There is BIG difference between saying someone is great and saying they are one of THE greats.

I could say, for example, The Neptunes are great producers and will be well remembered in the years to come...and while that may to true..that is FAR from saying they are one THE greats. Which in essence is saying, they are apart of the greatest ever...two totally different things (again, just an example).

In this situation I would apply a term like "prolific" to one of THE greats..which R.Kelly isn't. :wave:

Continue to stan. :yep:

You don't make any sense. :lol:

The Neptunes were a fad so that wasn't a good example.

I've posted the definition of 'prolific' and you've still failed to grasp it. There are many greats who aren't considered 'prolific'. So in essence being a great doesn't require being prolific. You're still failing to understand that R. Kelly is considered an R&B great. Whether you like it or not. He's one of the greats when it comes to R&B. Now overall greats, regardless of genre along with Stevie Wonder and them. Nah. Most likely when he gets much older and when the music climate continues to change - he'll be considered one them.

Unfortunately, there are many R&B acts who are shunned from these "greatest" lists until they tragically pass away.

I never said I don't know much about her music. I simply said I've never cared for her. There's a difference. And again, it looks like not too many ppl know Mr. Golden Shower. :coffee:

You weren't aware of his body of work. Your opinion on this matter is invalid. :coffee:

Many people know him and his music. Including your faves...

You weren't aware of his body of work. Your opinion on this matter is invalid. :coffee:

Many people know him and his music. Including your faves...

Find the post where I said I wasn't aware of his body of work. :coffee: Again, I said I never cared for him. That doesn't rule out the possibility that I may or may not know his stats. :excited:

Find the post where I said I wasn't aware of his body of work. :coffee: Again, I said I never cared for him. That doesn't rule out the possibility that I may or may not know his stats. :excited:

You said this:

I don't see him being up there as one of the greatests. Does he have a critically acclaimed album/song/video/etc? Other than producing songs for other artists, what else has she done?

:umm:

Those are called "credentials", as they are not part of his body of work where as 'body of work' would apply to his music and influence.

You said, "What else has she done?" :umm:

Have you listened to all of his albums? :coffee:

"What else..." should be the red flag that I know some of his work. :umm:

I don't listen to artists that are registered sex offenders. :coffee:

I'm not here for some. :coffee:

He's not a registered sex offender. :coffee: and you shouldn't be listening to MJ then.

You don't make any sense. :lol:

The Neptunes were a fad so that wasn't a good example.

I've posted the definition of 'prolific' and you've still failed to grasp it. There are many greats who aren't considered 'prolific'. So in essence being a great doesn't require being prolific. You're still failing to understand that R. Kelly is considered an R&B great. Whether you like it or not. He's one of the greats when it comes to R&B. Now overall greats, regardless of genre along with Stevie Wonder and them. Nah. Most likely when he gets much older and when the music climate continues to change - he'll be considered one them.

Unfortunately, there are many R&B acts who are shunned from these "greatest" lists until they tragically pass away.

An example is just that, an example...unless I were to specially say "The Neptunes are great" it should be taken as just that an example.

No you don't need to be prolific to be great, but to be one of THE greats you wouId also be prolific...which R.Kelly isn't. As he isn't one of THE greats.

The whole point of the discussion is overall greats..hence me continually emphasizing THE. No, he isn't one of the overall greats. That is the point. It has little to do with genre...he simply isn't one of THE greats.

Archived