The Official 2012 Presidential Election Thread

Bailey

It's a fair enough question on 2 counts. 1st bu was probably about 10 in 2000. Second we don't live in America so American politics isn't the top of everyone's interest list. Luckily, unlike in America, we do have local, national and global news which isn't reduced to a 10 second "in other news segment". That's not to say that US politics isn't of global importance because if you get another George bush in and our stupid country teams up with you to go to illegal wars again (which we still haven't won) it affects us all.

American news is very egocentric.....however I do follow the BBC on public radio, I love how I catch the way you guys say words so different from us....like basil....we call it BAY-Sil....I have heard it pronounced across the pond as BAH-Sial

American news is very egocentric.....however I do follow the BBC on public radio, I love how I catch the way you guys say words so different from us....like basil....we call it BAY-Sil....I have heard it pronounced across the pond as BAH-Sial

I lol with my bf about this

Like with leisure

We say LEshur - you say LEEEEEsure

TomAhto - TomAYto

Michelle Obama on CNN in Florida, cutting up....I mean she giving us full "sista" teas, she laying it out like ....you muthafuckas would have lost a million jobs if the auto industry had been left to dry out, but Barak had the backs of American workers .....she going off.....I'm afraid to keep watching she might cuss or something :asham:

*random* I had a dream last night Romney conceded once Obama reached 273 EVs. I hope my dream's right. -_-

I've been following Nate Silver's 538 blog these past few weeks which has been keeping me relatively sane. Based on that, I think Obama will win with around 300 EVs. Despite Sandy, NJ and PA will still go blue anyway ~ if anything, it will just affect the popular vote. My concern though is with Ohio because of possible voter fraud there (even though he has other options).

• Upvote 2

LOL i like how voting has become a 3-month event... "Too busy on a Tuesday? vote whenever" :lol:

It's a shame how these republican governors are trying to suppress the vote and the media keeps ignoring.it...

Most companies only give you 2 hours to vote.. How is that enuff time to leave work and stand online and then come back with in 2 hours..

It's a shame how these republican governors are trying to suppress the vote and the media keeps ignoring.it...

Most companies only give you 2 hours to vote.. How is that enuff time to leave work and stand online and then come back with in 2 hours..

If you know that as a voter, you vote early absentee you can have your ballot well before the day of the election. Although I am hearing there's news that absentee ballots are running behind in being tallied for whatever reason.....expect tomorrow to basically be a hot fucking mess....side note you know Michelle be going off when that finger of hers gets in the air :asham:

*random* I had a dream last night Romney conceded once Obama reached 273 EVs. I hope my dream's right. -_-

I've been following Nate Silver's 538 blog these past few weeks which has been keeping me relatively sane. Based on that, I think Obama will win with around 300 EVs. Despite Sandy, NJ and PA will still go blue anyway ~ if anything, it will just affect the popular vote. My concern though is with Ohio because of possible voter fraud there (even though he has other options).

what voter fraud? Study after study have concluded that you have a better chance at being struck by lightening than to have voter fraud. Now if you mean people not being allowed to vote who have the right to do so, that could very well be a problem, I think Ohio may go to a recount, and it's going to be a fucking mess. I can't explain it something is in the air, but it doesn't feel bad to me, no matter the polls, most state Obama has a lead, even if only a slight one. The best we could get is a decisive Ohio win for Obama and tomorrow night we go to bed knowing Obama was re-elected

If you know that as a voter, you vote early absentee you can have your ballot well before the day of the election. Although I am hearing there's news that absentee ballots are running behind in being tallied for whatever reason.....expect tomorrow to basically be a hot fucking mess....side note you know Michelle be going off when that finger of hers gets in the air :asham:

I voted last Friday.. It took me about an hour.
  • Upvote 1

what voter fraud? Study after study had concluded that you have a better chance at being struck by lightening than to have voter fraud. Now if you mean people not being allowed to vote who have the right to do so, that could very well be a problem, I think Ohio may go to a recount, and it's going to be a fucking mess. I can't explain it something is in the air, but it doesn't feel bad to me, no matter the polls, most state Obama has a lead, even if only a slight one. The best we could get is a decisive Ohio win for Obama and tomorrow night we go to bed knowing Obama was re-elected

Right.. Voter fraud is literally .005% or something. Counting every election since sometime in the 1900s..

Right.. Voter fraud is literally .005% or something. Counting every election since sometime in the 1900s..

What Simba means is that one of Romney's buddies, who donated alot to his campaign, owns some polling machines in Ohio. Specifically Columbus. Not projected if it will be an issue, but it's enough to be alert about. With as much of a pathological liar as Romney is, cheating in an election isn't something I'd put past him.

What Simba means is that one of Romney's buddies, who donated alot to his campaign, owns some polling machines in Ohio. Specifically Columbus. Not projected if it will be an issue, but it's enough to be alert about. With as much of a pathological liar as Romney is, cheating in an election isn't something I'd put past him.

well glad you brought the point up its a good thing when we can discuss matters that are relevant, but let me say Obama has friends with money and power too

I am going to vote right now on my bed hehe, hurray for early voting...have to take my time with the ballot and make sure I do my research before I hand it in tomorrow.

I know that's right, I remember my first absentee ballot, I made damn sure to check out all the shit it had me voting on, kinda sad that year was the year our state amended the constitution to state marriage was between a man and a woman.

the funny thing about it is people just don't think, one person shows up to a poll and tries to do what? Vote as someone else for someone else? What is the motive for doing this? It certainly isn't monetary, one vote is hardly enough to seal the deal for anyone. Now if you can prove say thousands of votes were tampered with, then you could claim voter fraud exists, but imagine all it would take for just one vote to come forward and say this happened and the whole card house comes down. It's like giving a secret to a thousand people and actually believing no one is going to narc

Exactly, Tagg Romney owns a portion too. I meant fraud on the election officials' part, not the voters.

While I believe Obama has much better odds, it's hardly irrational to be a bit cautious.

• Upvote 1