The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

ARTPOP was not hyped the way BTW was. Hype has been pretty low actually to nonexistent, whereas Gaga was calling BTW the album of the decade.

Applause is fairly straightforward except for her vocals, however, when married with the visual of a clown, a prosthetic hand and whatever else will be in the video, she will elevate it to another level as she always does and give it multilayered meanings. If Gaga's music on the whole was as weird as her image, she would not be in the position she's in or have the power or influence. The key is that it's catchy pop music, that's been the MO since the beginning and that's by design.

• Upvote 1

:yep:With the accompanying video. Perfection.

Ushering in the neo-soul era. :coffee: Janet..her influence. ec20fb7f.gif

YAS!!! I remember MTV showing clips of her silhouette coming up from underneath the camera (with her wild hair and her paws up :shifty: ) and how intriguing it all was. That whole imagery and the song was Janet being different without trying to hard. Madonna did the same thing with Frozen, but it didn't feel as natural.
  • Upvote 2

YAS!!! I remember MTV showing clips of her silhouette coming up from underneath the camera (with her wild hair and her paws up :shifty: ) and how intriguing it all was. That whole imagery and the song was Janet being different without trying to hard. Madonna did the same thing with Frozen, but it didn't feel as natural.

I think that image is iconic. I tried so hard to get that cardboard cutout from Sam Goody's but the clerk wouldn't let me have it. :umm:

Oh for the days when pop stars came out of left field with something totally new and unexpected.

Janet releasing 'Got Til Its Gone' as a first single was just everything. That was totally left-field. :wub:

:yep: With the accompanying video. Perfection.

Ushering in the neo-soul era. :coffee: Janet..her influence. ec20fb7f.gif

This just makes me miss Janet even more :( the creativity of songs like trust a try or velvet rope - when will these girls?!

ALL. OF. THIS.

The lesser girls could never.

Can we stay on topic :umm:

What was the topic again? :unsure:

• Upvote 1

:umm:

Toffee I swear, by the moon and the stars in the sky,

that I will molly whop that Little Bill head of yours if you continue to pursue such insensitive behavior in this sacred thread :coffee:

All I did was quote posts that talked about the legendary influence of EMPRESS Janhova Godson on the lesser girls!

Isn't that what this thread is about about? :unsure:

I don't care for this last one..the one I posted is the best!

2nd cover>>1st cover>>>3rd cover

And it's another one out there..she has 4.

Her face looks weird in the second one :unsure: the 4th one is out its ok she has big lion mane hair