The Official Lady Gaga Thread

Aquaria

'You and I' did that for me. I think that's the perfect 'Gaga' video. She wasn't doing to much in the video and it was still interesting, twisted and puzzling.

Yes, that video had so much going on, and could have looked ridiculous but was done so well with such a tight and consistent aesthetic.

Also this seems like a step down for Inez and Vinoodh, given their photography and the fashion films they have directed. It's memorable though, which in this day and age is an accomplishment in itself.

I don't really have any expectations for her performance now either lol

• Upvote 1

Yes, that video had so much going on, and could have looked ridiculous but was done so well with such a tight and consistent aesthetic.

Also this seems like a step down for Inez and Vinoodh, given their photography and the fashion films they have directed. It's memorable though, which in this day and age is an accomplishment in itself.

I don't really have any expectations for her performance now either lol

-_- ...it should be interesting. I just hope 'Artdonna' doesn't release her 'secret project' and steals Artgaga shine. That would be a pop tragedy.

I'm growing to like the video more and more.

My analysis is that it's a peak into Gaga's psyche as an artist and performer, like "The Cell" meets "Monkeybone" and "Corpse Bride." Amidst all of the garish characters Gaga becomes, you see "Stefani" alone on a mattress. In this psychotic world we are pulled into, we realize the voices and visions were always in Stefani's head, even when she was dancing alone and unknown. Gaga as the clown is Stefani as the professional performer. A canvas for all of her wildest hallucinations to dance across in the public eye. It is a bit nightmarish while also having moments of surrealism and beauty. This is "The Fame." The void and hunger Gaga needs to satisfy. But in the end, Gaga is only dancing for herself and the shadows in her mind. Notice her strutting down the runway as if she is greeting the eyes of a thousand spectators, and clapping along to the words in a dreamlike daze, like she hears the applause in her own head.

• Upvote 2

She is so STRANGE! Where does she get these ideas from? I like the video, especially the choreography (to be expected, her routines are always great).

I think because I get and understand Gaga, I like the song and video. But I completely understand if people are confused or turned off from her. Only time will tell how this song fairs and connects with the public.

The song won't connect with the public. It's not for the public.. It's for Gaga's cult... Monsters University or something or whatever

The song cuts out a portion of the general public... I hope the album doesn't do that... Bc that's a flop waiting to happen.

iP8vrMBhsZL4n.gif

I've not given my opinion on neither yet, and here it is, I like the song, and I like the video, she didn't really let me DOWNNNN she just kinda kept me lol, She didn't raise my love or lower it.

Songwise Im not here for the verses yet the chours SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYS

Video wise, ...you all pretty much said what I thought, like it just looks like she threw a bunch of ideas on the story board, like it didn't have a cohesive theme to it which is new for her.

I can't/won't try to predict what this song will do chartwise or anything but as far as in general, Im pleased.

I'm growing to like the video more and more.

My analysis is that it's a peak into Gaga's psyche as an artist and performer, like "The Cell" meets "Monkeybone" and "Corpse Bride." Amidst all of the garish characters Gaga becomes, you see "Stefani" alone on a mattress. In this psychotic world we are pulled into, we realize the voices and visions were always in Stefani's head, even when she was dancing alone and unknown. Gaga as the clown is Stefani as the professional performer. A canvas for all of her wildest hallucinations to dance across in the public eye. It is a bit nightmarish while also having moments of surrealism and beauty. This is "The Fame." The void and hunger Gaga needs to satisfy. But in the end, Gaga is only dancing for herself and the shadows in her mind. Notice her strutting down the runway as if she is greeting the eyes of a thousand spectators, and clapping along to the words in a dreamlike daze, like she hears the applause in her own head.

I agree with you

Taylor Swift never looks like that :mellow: You must have found the one picture where she was trying to be Brooke Shields from Blue Lagoon :sigh:

Just appreciate when she looks good you little dirtbag :coffee:

And she would look amazing in braids :wub:

Taylor Swift never looks like that :mellow: You must have found the one picture where she was trying to be Brooke Shields from Blue Lagoon :sigh:

Just appreciate when she looks good you little dirtbag :coffee:

And she would look amazing in braids :wub:

calm down.. I should have said what i thought was obvious :asham:

She's wearing the same hair as Taylor (but better... 39802x better) like she did with Rihanna, Gaga, Beyonce... and hopefully Janet :shifty:

The video is so fucking crazy..and I love it. Made me like the song a little better.

I love all the homages..I love her head on the swan..reminded me something that Missy would do.

I love the swan part and the part where she was having that little convulsion on the ground LOL