The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Chart Preview

Universal Music scores its third #1 in a row as Nicki Minaj's projection increases a little today. Here's how it looks headed into the Easter weekend:

*Nicki Minaj (Young Money/Cash Money/Universal Republic) 215-235k

Adele 21 (XL/Columbia) 155-165k

*Rascal Flatts (Big Machine) 110-120k

Lionel Richie (Mercury Nashville) 100-110k

One Direction (Syco/Columbia) 70-80k

The Hunger Games soundtrack (Universal Republic) 45-50k

*Marvin Sapp (Verity) 45-50k

*Of Monsters & Men (Universal Republic) 45-50k

Madonna (Interscope) 40-45k

----

399485726.jpg @ Madonna.

:lmao: @ Adele.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

No, there's worse. Marilyn Manson went from #1 to right out of the Top 20 the following week. But for an artist as mainstream as Madonna it's probably up there.

It'd be interesting to know what the percentage was of the sales drop.

Cuz if MDNA sells 45k next week, that's an 87% drop. :mellow:

P.S. My math could be wrong. :asham:

Oh hunny even with the superbowl backlash janet still sold 1million copies in the USA with damita JO ..madonna hasnt even gone platinum in the USA with a HUGE HIT single on hard cardy

Huge hit? you make it sound like as if 4 minutes was the We Found Love of 2008. 4 Minutes peaked at #3 and yes it was a hit for her but let's not get carried away. It's a lot more worrisome for her to release a track with 1 artist + 1 popular stupid hoe and perform it on SB only to see it flop than not reach platinum with with 1 album that had a track scoring a #3 hit.

As for this it's expected, fans are the ones running to buy the album on it's released date, add the tour deal and you have the reason why she opened with those numbers. For second week it's a huge drop but nobody is really here for her lame ass singles and pathetic cry for attention shade this time around.

The worse thing is that she is selling 40k during a time where albums are supposed to see an increase so that only shows that the fall would be bigger if it wasn't for easter.

I'm happy with this drop though, as a fan im tired of her trying SO HARD to follow and have a hit. I hope it doesn't reach platinum over there :)

As for B, Marilyn went from #1 to #23 with Golden Age Of Grotesque and Gaga had a 84% decrease from BTW but she sold 1.1M during 1st week so it's understandable

Huge hit? you make it sound like as if 4 minutes was the We Found Love of 2008. 4 Minutes peaked at #3 and yes it was a hit for her but let's not get carried away. It's a lot more worrisome for her to release a track with 1 artist + 1 popular stupid hoe and perform it on SB + huge promo all over the TV only to see it flop than not reach platinum with with 1 album that had a track scoring a #3 hit.

As for this it's expected, fans are the ones running to buy the album on it's released date, add the tour deal and you have the reason why she opened with those numbers. For second week it's a huge drop but nobody is really here for her lame ass singles and pathetic cry for attention shade this time around.

The worse thing is that she is selling 40k during a time where albums are supposed to see an increase so that only shows that the fall would be bigger if it wasn't for easter.

I'm happy with this drop though, as a fan im tired of her trying SO HARD to follow and have a hit. I hope it doesn't reach platinum over there :)

I think she wants to do different stuff, and still be edgy, but it's kinda obvious she tries really hard, too hard, and it comes off like that I like Madonna a lot, and she will tour and break records, but the music is really disconnecting with the people, it's not as good and the club sounds on "COADF" or the spirit behind ROL just are places she doesn't want to go to, they work, they would still work, but she wants to try this popular act thing and stay with the current crop of young artists, it just doesn't work.

I think she wants to do different stuff, and still be edgy, but it's kinda obvious she tries really hard, too hard, and it comes off like that I like Madonna a lot, and she will tour and break records, but the music is really disconnecting with the people, it's not as good and the club sounds on "COADF" or the spirit behind ROL just are places she doesn't want to go to, they work, they would still work, but she wants to try this popular act thing and stay with the current crop of young artists, it just doesn't work.

Different from ?

Different from ?

gay electro-techno pop like COADF she wants to do the hard beats and R&B flavored stuff which Hard Candy showed, but the fans want gay teas, I mean super club dance oriented that just sounds gay stuff, and she's not there, her stuff is kinda all over the place, but not coherent you listen to COADF and you know she can make a great album for her audience, but she tries it with rap artists and other "edgy" people and it doesn't work, COADF didn't have Kanye or Pharrell nor Nicki Minaj....you cannot tell me you don't see a pattern here. Kylie doesn't do that stuff she stays in her gay lane and does that for her audience she's not doing anything different, I think as failed as Lady GaGa was she knew to at least feed the gays what they want. Britney gets that, her album Blackout was just that give the gays what they want

gay electro-techno pop like COADF she wants to do the hard beats and R&B flavored stuff which Hard Candy showed, but the fans want gay teas, I mean super that just sounds gay stuff, and she's not there, her stuff is kinda all over the place, but not coherent you listen to COADF and you know she can make a great album for her audience, but she tries it with rap artists and other "edgy" people and it doesn't work, COADF didn't have Kanye or Pharrell nor Nicki Minaj....you cannot tell me you don't see a pattern here.

*looks over to MDNA* no comprendo :unsure:

She didn't want to do shit with Hard Candy other than follow, score a hit and tour, that's why she got the power bottom duo + Pharrell and kanye to produce the album. She somewhat tried the same formula with MDNA thinking that SB + collabs with a popular ... how do you put it ... well ... :mellow: ... plus Gaga shade would be enough to give her a hit. I'm still hoping that she is using this album as an excuse to tour (not that she needs it though)

She didn't want to do shit with Hard Candy other than follow, score a hit and tour, that's why she got the power bottom duo + Pharrell and kanye to produce the album. She somewhat tried the same formula with MDNA thinking that SB + collabs with a popular ... how do you put it ... well ... :mellow: ... plus Gaga shade would be enough to give her a hit. I'm still hoping that she is using this album as an excuse to tour (not that she needs it though)

um yes comprendo, even with Hard Candy there were elements of electropop on MDNA there are more elements of electropop BUT she is still leaning into hip hop R&B type stuff, ask yourself, would Kylie do these tracks? some yes but others no

what I don't get is how many albums do you think she is making just to make an "excuse" to tour? Especially when the new music is what takes center stage of the shows. :mellow: All I'm saying is she can deliver better but she wants to go another direction and not the direction proven to work, this album MDNA, folks will take the tracks dance worthy and dismiss the rest as I have.

um yes comprendo, even with Hard Candy there were elements of electropop on MDNA there are more elements of electropop BUT she is still leaning into hip hop R&B type stuff, ask yourself, would Kylie do these tracks? some yes but others no

So you haven't heard MDNA than. Shoulda have said it sooner so that i could spare my fingertips some key strokes

what I don't get is how many albums do you think she is making just to make an "excuse" to tour? Especially when the new music is what takes center stage of the shows. :mellow: All I'm saying is she can deliver better but she wants to go another direction and not the direction proven to work, this album MDNA, folks will take the tracks dance worthy and dismiss the rest as I have.

hope that helps