The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

MADONNA’S MATERIAL GAINS

She’s no longer “Like a Virgin,” or even the Material Girl, for that matter, but Madonna is still a pop diva superstar.

Madge’s Interscope debut, MDNA, her 12th studio album and first under a recently inked deal with Live Nation, is her first new collection in four years, since 2008’s Hard Candy. It’s a lock for #1 on next week’s HITS Album sales chart, with between 325-350k, beating that album’s 280k opening.

Those figures are based on one-day sales figures which our crack retail staff arrived at by throwing darts at a board. Take that, Soundscan!

Lionel Richie’s Mercury Nashville bow, Tuskegee, a collection of his greatest hits performed with country stars such as Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney, Rascal Flatts, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson and Jimmy Buffett, is the big surprise, with a robust first-week estimate in the 140-160k range. The album has even hit the #1 slot at iTunes over Madonna.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08913m01

----

Well, then. :lol: I guess Lionel was no cause for alarm. :asham:

still the same ball park ..i wonder if the albums she is giving with every tour ticket is going to count

Yes, they will count. I forgot she did that.

And to be technical about it, she's not "giving" the album away. People had a choice to add the album or not to the ticket purchase.

Yes, they will count. I forgot she did that.

And to be technical about it, she's not "giving" the album away. People had a choice to add the album or not to the ticket purchase.

but that is a strategy that helped her big time ...other wise i think she would have done around 230k

My current favs are I'm addicted, I don't give a, some girls, I'm a sinner and love spent. She sounds great on some girls, like Debbie Harry or something. I think this album actually stands on its own as a body of work that progresses her already legendary canon which is no small feat.

My current favs are I'm addicted, I don't give a, some girls, I'm a sinner and love spent. She sounds great on some girls, like Debbie Harry or something. I think this album actually stands on its own as a body of work that progresses her already legendary canon which is no small feat.

thats my current fav. :wub:I like it that way....

Falling Free is gorgeous as well. I had a 'moment' listening to that the other day. :cry:

I'm sure she didn't 'give' them away. When I bought my ticket I had the option of buying the album WITH the ticket or just the ticket...there was no option of receiving a free album.

That's not what the commercial in the US say. They said when you buy a ticket you get a copy of the album..

This is from Ticketmaster.com

Every online ticket includes Madonna's new album “MDNA”!

For every ticket purchased on line, you'll receive your choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new album "MDNA." Prior to the album release on 3/26, you'll receive an email from Ticketmaster with redemption instructions. If you purchase your tickets on or after 3/26, you'll receive your email within 48 hours. Offer is valid for United States residents & events only. Please note: This offer is not valid for tickets purchased through Official Platinum Seats or TicketExchange.

This is from Ticketmaster.com

Every online ticket includes Madonna's new album “MDNA”!

For every ticket purchased on line, you'll receive your choice of a digital or physical copy of Madonna's new album "MDNA." Prior to the album release on 3/26, you'll receive an email from Ticketmaster with redemption instructions. If you purchase your tickets on or after 3/26, you'll receive your email within 48 hours. Offer is valid for United States residents & events only. Please note: This offer is not valid for tickets purchased through Official Platinum Seats or TicketExchange.

I thought billboard wasn't allowing this to be done after Prince did it in 2004? :unsure: