The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

I actually really enjoyed it when it came out, because it was new Madonna of course but like Kenny said, it feels dated and felt dated when it first came out. The Timbo sound was already stale at that point. Her work with Pharrell was far superior. There are several gems on it, like Miles Away, Give It To Me, Dance 2 Night, Heartbeat, Voices, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

:lol:

There are true standout tracks on it, it's a shame they didn't get a chance to shine as singles. I think it would have reminded people she has some depth and creativity.

you said it right....the issue with Hard Candy was Timbo....shit I think his career ended there too

if Madonna EVER had an underrated album it's Bedtime Stories, and don't get me started on the video for "Bedtime Stories" ....my fucking soul cannot take :tear:

I like that that song and video sort of foreshadowed what she would be doing on Ray Of Light.

Bedtime Stories album is close to my heart, it reminds me of that era in time and growing up.

^^ I have grown to like Hard Candy entirely too much for my own good in the last few months. It's dated but very solid.

American Life is incredible and Bedtime Stories has a lot of filler. It works more as a singular cohesive unit than it does as a track-by-track album, so when dissected it's rather lackluster.

And I swear I still haven't put down MDNA. Half of it is terrible but the other half is just so good.

People still don't know how to process Folktronicadonna. -_-

MDNA I think is her best album since American Life. I'm just not happy with the single choices.

gurl bye :blink:

'Tis true. :coffee:

I actually really enjoyed it when it came out, because it was new Madonna of course but like Kenny said, it feels dated and felt dated when it first came out. The Timbo sound was already stale at that point. Her work with Pharrell was far superior. There are several gems on it, like Miles Away, Give It To Me, Dance 2 Night, Heartbeat, Voices, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

There are true standout tracks on it, it's a shame they didn't get a chance to shine as singles. I think it would have reminded people she has some depth and creativity.

ALL of that! It's actually a pretty solid pop album.

It really is a shame because I think it was a great opportunity to introduce Madonna the artist to a new generation.

gurl bye :blink:

Gurl HI. Some of those standalone songs are a total snoozefest.

:asham: And now we're getting fucking "Superstar" as the fourth single, instead of something like "I'm Addicted."

imo "Falling Free" ranks among her best, it's immaculate. It's carrying me atm. -_-

One of my absolute favorites. God she used to be brilliant :umm:

honey boo boo...come here...lay your head on my lap...*pulls black peen up*.......Madonna never stopped being brilliant, she is guilty of wanting to keep up with these young ones, the rappers on her songs, the Timbo produced tracks, and to be fair to her, I undertstand, no one wants to grow out of it and be the "used to be hot" thing, she just wouldn't let go, and the evidence for her is there, no one did anything like Ray of Light, yet its her best album? She needed to let the wanna be current shit go

Gurl HI. Some of those standalone songs are a total snoozefest.

:asham: And now we're getting fucking "Superstar" as the fourth single, instead of something like "I'm Addicted."

imo "Falling Free" ranks among her best, it's immaculate. It's carrying me atm. -_-

Come again? :umm: This bitch is sitting on Gang Bang and Love Spent, even I'm A Sinner... and Superstar is it? :umm: I agree I'm Addicted would be good too.

Somebody wheel this granny into the home please she is losing it -_-

Come again? :umm: This bitch is sitting on Gang Bang and Love Spent, even I'm A Sinner... and Superstar is it? :umm: I agree I'm Addicted would be good too.

Somebody wheel this granny into the home please she is losing it -_-

Some girls gets me hyped tho.....thats my shit...and lord I loves "I don't give a fuck" I rap along with her..."wake up ex-wife this is yo life...children on your own..."

MDNA I think is her best album since American Life. I'm just not happy with the single choices.

A damn shame. I loathed her back then but that album caught me by surprise. Special thanks to Roc for introducing me to it. -_-

You prefer it over Confessions?!

'Tis true. :coffee:

ALL of that! It's actually a pretty solid pop album.

It really is a shame because I think it was a great opportunity to introduce Madonna the artist to a new generation.

ugh :asham:

The problem is I think her priorities have shifted. Singles aren't making her money, her tour is. So I think she puts everything into that. She's still expressing herself but she's doing so in the venue she will be paid for it.

if Madonna EVER had an underrated album it's Bedtime Stories, and don't get me started on the video for "Bedtime Stories" ....my fucking soul cannot take :tear:

but you know Matt, these bitches here don't understand how epic the video was, and my soul weeps for them "Bedtime Stories" is life to be received for the dead

ugh :asham:

The problem is I think her priorities have shifted. Singles aren't making her money, her tour is. So I think she puts everything into that. She's still expressing herself but she's doing so in the venue she will be paid for it.

Sad but true. In the '80s and '90s Madonna would've pulled 5-6 singles off MDNA. :tear:

Yes. :cry:

20121203-news-madonna-superstar-single-brazil-04.jpg

Let us take a moment to mourn the loss of the infinitely better aforementioned single choices.

I can't take this. But dammit, I do love that cover art. :sigh: