The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Katy Perry inspired by Madonna on next album

Katy Perry might be foregoing her love of bubble gum pop for her next album release. In the new issue of L'Uomo Vogue, the singer says that she will use the recent heartbreak in her personal life as inspiration for a darker batch of new tracks. "It will be a much darker album than the previous one. It was inevitable, after what I went through," she said in the fashion magazine, via Press Party. "If I had a time machine and could go back in time, I would. But I can't, so you'll discover another part of me."

But Russell Brand won't be her only muse. She's also looking to the Queen of Pop as her career spirit animal for the follow-up to 2010's record-breaking Teenage Dream. "I think Madonna, especially in the beginning of her career when she was laying the foundation, was evolving every single time and giving a new visual and a new idea to the public," she added, according to Digital Spy. "She kept everybody interested because you never knew what she was going to do next, but whatever she delivered was a solid product.

"I just hope to be the same," she continued. "I hope to continually make people interested and hopefully in 10 years look back and have written songs that have become timeless."

Before she even hits the studio to work on new music, Perry will address her split from Brand in her June 5 movie release, "Part of Me." And she recently shared she plans on taking a little break once the film opens. "I'm going into hiding. I want to go and write songs in the woods or something," she told MTV News earlier this week. "I'm gonna unplug, take my hair extensions out, feel my head again. I'm gonna unplug and recharge, if that makes any sense. I'm gonna go away. I'm sure you know it's time for me to go the fuck away."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1688744/katy-perry-album-madonna-inspired.jhtml

"I just hope to be the same," she continued. "I hope to continually make people interested and hopefully in 10 years look back and have written songs that have become timeless."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

YXztf.png

Not too much on Katy. :filenails:

that's not a diss celebs are known for coming to Madonna's shows, they are only the best money can produce. JLo, and others have been seen at Madonna's shows. Madonna said in an interview its as if they are studying her. Which there's nothing wrong with that

that's not a diss celebs are known for coming to Madonna's shows, they are only the best money can produce. JLo, and others have been seen at Madonna's shows. Madonna said in an interview its as if they are studying her. Which there's nothing wrong with that

Oh I know it's not a diss. Madonna gave Katy Perry a shout-out years ago before she really blew up.

So do I. I couldn't stand her music when she came out (and I like just about everything), but the Teenage Dream era made me a fan. And she was brilliant in concert.

the production...it's all producers making a great hook, I fucked with that album forever and a day, playing it over and over, Katy fucked my ears wicked. :excited:

• 2 weeks later...

Rumours are rife that Madonna will cancel her Australian leg of her MDNA world tour

Rumours rife Australian leg of world tour to be canned ... Pop superstar Madonna has not played in Australia for almost 20 years. (AP Photo/Martin Meissner) Source: AP

IT has been heralded as her triumphant return to Australia after almost 20 years.

But rumours are rife that Madonna is set to cancel the Australian leg of her world tour for "reasons unspecified".

Sources close to Her Madgesty - who is currently part-way through the European leg of the tour - have indicated to promoters Live Nation that the Australian leg of her MDNA tour is no longer viable, though there has been no official word from the touring company.

Contacted yesterday, a rep for Universal Music, the Australian distributor for her US label Interscope, said they were unaware of any changes to Madonna's plans to tour here early next year but said it was more a question for the concert promoter.

"If it was cancelled then it is something that would be announced by (Live Nation) in an issued statement," said a Universal spokeswoman. "But it's not something that has come up on our radar.

"There have actually been talks about that tour quite recently, so if it has been cancelled we don't know about it."

Dates for the Aussie leg have not yet been announced and tickets - reportedly carrying a price tag of up to $600 - are not on sale, with Live Nation stating recently they were putting off the announcement until after the Olympics.

It's understood they had planned to make the announcement in early July.

Madonna flagged her intentions to tour here back in January following intense lobbying from fans after she skipped Australia on her Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008.

Live Nation's Australian head of marketing and communications, Marcus Seal, didn't return Confidential's calls yesterday.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/rumours-are-rife-that-madonna-will-cancel-her-australian-leg-of-her-mdna-world-tour/story-e6frf96o-1226428493260

:mellow:

I'm dealing with a Madonna vs Michael argument :(! I don't want to diss Madge but I have to :tear:.

PS I don't understand how anyone can compare Madonnas S&S tour success to MJ's Bad/Dangerous/HIStory tour success :umm:.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Elton John: Madonna Looks Like a 'Fairground Stripper'

Elton John is up to his subtle ways again. The "Rocket Man" singer had some very unkind things to say about Madonna's career direction, current tour and style choices during a candid interview on Australian TV on Sunday night.

''She's such a nightmare," he told Molly Meldrum on "Sunday Night" about his ex-friend. "Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c--t."

Madonna's "MDNA" tour has experienced a few bumps in the road, including a recent controversy over a 45-minute show in Paris that led to boos. She's also nixed plans to tour Australia and incensed a far-right political party in France by placing a swastika over the face of its leader, Marine Le Pen, in a video that accompanies one of her songs.

In addition to her tour, John argued Madonna made a mistake by recording "dance stuff" instead of pop album.

"If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray Of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly.

But no, she had to go and prove she looks like a fu--ing fairground stripper."

John also said Madonna has "been so horrible to Gaga."

Madonna has commented on Gaga's song, "Born This Way," which is often compared to the 1989 hit "Express Yourself," in several interviews this year. After telling Newsweek that it was a "wonderful way to redo" her own song and that she "recognized the chord changes," she told ABC's "20/20" that "Born This Way" "felt reductive."

The feud between Elton and Madonna may have started seven years ago, when Madonna won best live act at the GQ Awards. John reacted by saying, "Madonna, best f**king live act? F*** off!'" In January, John's husband, David Furnish, did a call-back of that comment when Madonna won best original song at the Golden Globes, saying on Facebook, "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!"

http://www.billboard.com/news/elton-john-madonna-looks-like-a-fairground-1007755552.story?utm_source=most_recent#/news/elton-john-madonna-looks-like-a-fairground-1007755552.story?utm_source=most_recent

Link to video: http://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/article/-/14438580/elton-and-mollys-catch-up/

----

:lol:

:clapping: @ Ray of Light comment. But the ol' queen giveth, and she taketh away with that stripper comment. :asham:

his views on her are spot on tho...

she should have gone back to a more artistic album instead of trying to stay cool with the kids.... it makes her a joke and if she keeps this up no on will remember her for all the great things she has done..

I love that he did compliment her... I think he respects her and if she did a great artistic album he would talk differently about her... but yea, her winning a best live act is ridiculous

... who's next. Britney?

I'm dealing with a Madonna vs Michael argument sad.gif! I don't want to diss Madge but I have to :tear:.

PS I don't understand how anyone can compare Madonnas S&S tour success to MJ's Bad/Dangerous/HIStory tour success :umm:.

I hope you DRAGGED that metamucil stan BU!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Elton John: Madonna Looks Like a 'Fairground Stripper'

Elton John is up to his subtle ways again. The "Rocket Man" singer had some very unkind things to say about Madonna's career direction, current tour and style choices during a candid interview on Australian TV on Sunday night.

''She's such a nightmare," he told Molly Meldrum on "Sunday Night" about his ex-friend. "Sorry, her career is over. Her tour has been a disaster and it couldn't happen to a bigger c--t."

Madonna's "MDNA" tour has experienced a few bumps in the road, including a recent controversy over a 45-minute show in Paris that led to boos. She's also nixed plans to tour Australia and incensed a far-right political party in France by placing a swastika over the face of its leader, Marine Le Pen, in a video that accompanies one of her songs.

In addition to her tour, John argued Madonna made a mistake by recording "dance stuff" instead of pop album.

"If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like 'Ray Of Light' and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly.

But no, she had to go and prove she looks like a fu--ing fairground stripper."

John also said Madonna has "been so horrible to Gaga."

Madonna has commented on Gaga's song, "Born This Way," which is often compared to the 1989 hit "Express Yourself," in several interviews this year. After telling Newsweek that it was a "wonderful way to redo" her own song and that she "recognized the chord changes," she told ABC's "20/20" that "Born This Way" "felt reductive."

The feud between Elton and Madonna may have started seven years ago, when Madonna won best live act at the GQ Awards. John reacted by saying, "Madonna, best f**king live act? F*** off!'" In January, John's husband, David Furnish, did a call-back of that comment when Madonna won best original song at the Golden Globes, saying on Facebook, "Madonna. Best song???? F**k off!!!"

http://www.billboard...rce=most_recent

Link to video: http://au.news.yahoo...ollys-catch-up/

----

laugh.gif

:clapping: @ Ray of Light comment. But the ol' queen giveth, and she taketh away with that stripper comment. :asham:

READ. HER. ELTON

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

his views on her are spot on tho...

she should have gone back to a more artistic album instead of trying to stay cool with the kids.... it makes her a joke and if she keeps this up no on will remember her for all the great things she has done..

I love that he did compliment her... I think he respects her and if she did a great artistic album he would talk differently about her... but yea, her winning a best live act is ridiculous

... who's next. Britney?

That's the thing with artists who have been around for a long time, especially females. They seem to have one or two albums where they put so much of themselves into it, then after they get it out of their system, they never revisit that place again. They just want to "keep it light and have fun" album after album. :whistle: