The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

That's the thing with artists who have been around for a long time, especially females. They seem to have one or two albums where they put so much of themselves into it, then after they get it out of their system, they never revisit that place again. They just want to "keep it light and have fun" album after album. :whistle:

Babs? :unsure:

:rolleyes:

That's the thing with artists who have been around for a long time, especially females. They seem to have one or two albums where they put so much of themselves into it, then after they get it out of their system, they never revisit that place again. They just want to "keep it light and have fun" album after album. :whistle:

Why did yew just read every female artist out there :tear:. *looks at Janet & Mariah - the only ones that matter*.

Why did yew just read every female artist out there :tear:. *looks at Janet & Mariah - the only ones that matter*.

-_-

With Janet, it's understandable that after The Velvet Rope, she was probably just emotionally exhausted and didn't want to put herself out there like that again. There was a glimpse of that on All for You, but nothing really after that.

And it's not like the girl hasn't gone through shit since TVR. I just wish she would choose to put it into her music, much like how she used WDIGMT? as an outlet when Michael died.

I think it's the I don't really have any ideas excuse, I hate to say it but that's what it comes off as.

• 2 weeks later...
Billboard: Madonna's 10 Best Videos

The incomparable Madonna's 54th birthday is today (Aug. 16), and she's had more music videos than she has candles on her cake. Last week we asked fans to join in on our celebrate the queen of pop's special day by voting on which Madonna video is the best one of all time. The votes are in! Your picks spanned Madonna's career and were as eclectic and varied as the Material Girl herself -- mixing in artful fare like Mark Romanek's surreal clip for 1995's "Bedtime Story" with Madge's more iconic hits (though some surprisingly didn't make the cut, including "Like A Virgin"). What made your top ten? Which clip did you vote as her top video? Read on to see. Happy birthday, Madonna!

10. 'Ray Of Light'

Rounding out the top 10 with 3.1 percent of the vote, Madonna's "Ray of Light" begins with the sun rising over Manhattan, as people across the world hurry through their daily lives, timelapsed to match the upbeat track. Meanwhile, Madonna dances in front of a cloudy green-screen, parties at a discotheque and passes out on the dancefloor in the 1998 Jonas Akerlund-directed clip, which was first released on limited edition VHS.

9. 'Bad Girl'

Christopher Walken makes an appearance in Madge's "Bad Girl" video, watching over the pop star as she smokes, drinks, commits adultery, and is eventually murdered, singing lyrics like, "I'm not happy when I act this way." Directed by David Fincher, who also helmed Madonna's "Express Yourself" and "Vogue Videos," the six-minute clip slipped in at No. 9 with 3.2 percent of the vote.

8. 'Justify My Love'

Banned by MTV for being so explicit, this polysexual black and white clip features Madonna stumbling through a hallway, and making erotic encounters of many kinds.

7. 'Hung Up'

Cleaving to a retro-70s vibe (after all it does feature an ABBA-inspired passage), the video for this 1995 hit finds Madonna in full Dancing Queen mode, lugging a giant boom box to a paneled basement rec room dance studio to boogie in a leotard in heels, while in the future-present, a gaggle of urban athletes parkeur off the sides of buildings to her beats. What's not to love?

6. 'Girl Gone Wild'

Holding it's own in your hearts among almost 30 years of her videos, Madonna's most recent single earns a place of honor in your top ten, pulling in nearly five percent of the vote, which is especially impressive when you consider there were over 50 choices.

5. 'Bedtime Story'

Madge's mid-90s foray into throbbing, electronic-touched pop came accompanied by director Mark Romanek's slick futuristic vision of a spacey dreamworld populated by a dove-birthing Madonna and whirling dervishes, visuals that earned it almost 5% of your votes.

4. 'Express Yourself'

Invoking the industrial, expressionist tropes of Fritz Lang's Metropolis, Maddona (literally) dances atop the machinery of sexual politics in director David Fincher's stylish 1989 call to arms to the women of the world, shouting, "Come on girls! Do you believe in love?!"

3. 'Frozen'

The video for this Hot 100 No. 2 ballad conveys the song's bleak heartbreak perfectly with a gimlet-eyed Madonna shrouded in black on an ominously barren field, waving her hennaed hands as she falls backwards, turning into a flock of crows, before multiplying.

2. 'Like A Prayer'

Chock-a-block with controversy-igniting religious imagery (crosses on fire, stigmata, Madonna making out with a saint), the unforgettable video for the gospel-inflected pop hit (complete with choir) ranked high among your votes earning the second slot on this list.

1. 'Vogue'

It has style, it has grace, and yes, in it, Madonna "gives good face." Another fruit of Madge's perfect pairing with director David Fincher, this 1990 homage to the sirens of the silver screen, complete with gauzy black-and-white cinematography and an irresistible matching dance, took the No. 1 spot in your votes in a landslide.

http://m.billboard.com/features/madonna-s-10-best-videos-poll-results-1007793352.story?page=1

Pretty spot on aside from GGW. Madonna has an excellent videography.

*beat drops and I start voguing*

Hey aye AYE aye aaayyyeeee!

Like a girl gone wild, a good girl gone wild

I'm like hey aye AYE aye aaayyyeeee!

Like a girl gone wild, a good girl gone wild

*ups voguing speed to "seizure" level*

Girls they just wanna have some fun

Get fired up like a smokin gun

On the floor til the day light comes

Girls they just wanna have some fun

*death-drops*

Russian activists to sue Madonna for $10m over concert

A group of Russian activists are preparing to file a $10.5 million lawsuit against U.S. pop diva Madonna over what they say was the “moral damage” caused during her recent concert in St. Petersburg.

Activists from the Union of Russian Citizens, the People’s Assembly civil group and the New Great Russia Party will file the lawsuit with the Moscow District Court in St. Petersburg on Friday, a spokeswoman for the Union of Russian Citizens’ Moscow branch told RIA Novosti.

“We demand that she pay for moral damage suffered by St. Petersburg residents as a result of her actions during the show on August 9,” Daria Dedova said.

“We must defend our right to normal cultural life without propaganda of values and views that contradict the Russian culture,” she added.

Lawyer Alexander Pochuyev explained that the “moral damage” was a result of “psychological stress and emotional shock” experienced not only by those who attended Madonna’s show – during which he said the 53-year-old mother of four “trampled down” an Orthodox cross – but also by many internet users who have seen videos from the concert posted online and read news about the show.

“While speaking of tolerance, she abuses the feelings of believers,” the lawyer said.

Madonna should also bear responsibility for what his defenders believe was the “open promotion of homosexuality” during the concert, the lawyer said.

During her show at St. Peterburg’s largest concert hall, which was attended by 25,000 people, Madonna complained about a “growing intolerance” in the world and called for solidarity with gays and lesbians. She had pink armbands distributed in the audience and asked her fans to raise their hands in a sign of support for homosexuals. Madonna also spoke out in support of all-female group Pussy Riot. Three members of the band could be jailed on Friday over a February protest in Moscow’s largest cathedral against Orthodox Church support for Vladimir Putin ahead of the March 4 presidential polls that returned him to the Kremlin for a third term.

A group of activists from the St.Petersburg-based civil group Parental Control earlier asked police to probe Madonna’s actions, claiming that the concert was attended by children as young as 12 and accusing the singer of violating a local law prohibiting the promotion of homosexuality among minors.

The controversial law came into effect St. Petersburg in March and has been strongly criticized by rights groups.

Dedova said she believed that the activists’ move may prove successful. Although such suits are rare in Russia, “lawyers believe that we have a chance of winning… especially given that our cause is right,” she said.

The activists have pledged to spend the money they hope to receive from Madonna on charity projects for children and families.

http://en.ria.ru/society/20120816/175247732.html

This is some bullshit right here.

Chicago Bar Mitzvah Boy Shaun Sperling Strikes a Pose as Madonna

Shaun Sperling, a Chicago attorney, found the perfect way to "express himself" at his epic Madonna-themed Bar Mitzvah celebration back in 1992.

"Oh my gosh. I remember it like it was yesterday. My sister and I practiced every day after school. It was probably months, which is ridiculous because I do the same move over and over. But we practiced a lot," Sperling told ABC News.

Sperling, then 13, can be seen in the video boldly breaking it down on the dance floor to Madonna's "Vogue," even donning the material girl's image spray-painted on the back of his dress shirt.

When asked why his sister wasn't allowed to join him in the performance, he replied, "It was my moment to shine." And indeed, he did.

Sadly, the Madonna shirt wasn't preserved through the years as well as the video was.

"Everyone wants this shirt. Unfortunately, it was destroyed. Somehow it got lost. But I'm going to have it redone because it's just too good," Sperling said. "We gave away t-shirts to the kids at the Bar Mitzvah that said, 'I Vogued with Shaun at Shaun's Bar Mitzvah.'"

Now, 20 years later, Sperling has posted the hilarious video to YouTube for everyone's enjoyment, and instantly become an Internet sensation. Originally uploaded Aug. 10, the video already has more than 82,000 views and growing.

Sperling said he remembers the exact moment he became a Madonna fan, and knew he wanted his Bar Mitzvah to reflect what he "was into at the time."

"I first fell in love with Madonna watching 'Good Morning America' in 1990 during the Blond Ambition tour. It was so strong. I think it was the message. To express yourself. At a really young age I really connected with that," said Sperling.

Sperling said he is grateful for all the positive feedback he is receiving. And looking back 20 years later, realizes what an important message the video sends.

"At that time I was struggling with my own sexual orientation and trying to figure it out, and here was someone saying it's fine to express yourself," Sperling said. And YouTube users that have seen the video tend to agree.

"I hope my sons grow up to be this awesome," said one YouTube user.

"Entering manhood in the best way, by being true to himself :) great video!" said another.

"I think what touches people is the way that I was myself at 13. Who I am now is exactly who I was at 13. It's touching to see the support I had in my life," Sperling said.

He credits his accomplishments in life to his parents, who were always open and loving, even when it came to wanting an entire Bar Mitzvah based on Madonna.

"They accepted me absolutely for who I was. Two years later I came out and they were shocked, which is crazy after you watch that video. But it was them supporting me and letting me be exactly who I was, no matter my sexual orientation or what I liked," Sperling said.

"They just wanted to celebrate me. I'm very lucky."

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/chicago-bar-mitzvah-boy-shaun-sperling-strikes-pose-220122940--abc-news-music.html?_esi=0&ugccmtnav=v1%2Fcomments%2Fcontext%2F38c14f62-93ae-37c1-b21d-3bdb7bb87cb0%2Fcomments%3Fcount%3D20%26sortBy%3Dlatest

This made my night. :lol:

• Upvote 3

:excited::lol:

That was fuckin awesome. :lol: He was feelin that shit and working every move!

"Everyone wants this shirt. Unfortunately, it was destroyed. Somehow it got lost. But I'm going to have it redone because it's just too good," Sperling said. "We gave away t-shirts to the kids at the Bar Mitzvah that said, 'I Vogued with Shaun at Shaun's Bar Mitzvah.'"

:asham: