The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

Madonna: 'I Forgive' Elton John

Just a few weeks after Elton John declared Madonna's career to be "over" in a TV interview, Madonna issued her first public response onstage in France on Tuesday, decidating a performance of "Masterpiece" to him – the same song that beat out his Gnomeo & Juliet tune for a Golden Globe earlier this year.

"Yes, I know he's a big fan of it, and I know he's a big fan of mine," Madonna said in Nice while introducing "Masterpiece," originally recorded for her latest directorial effort, W.E. "And you know what? I forgive him."

It's safe to assume Madonna's dedication was sarcastic, since John has done pretty much the opposite of declare himself a "big fan" of the tune. During an interview on the Golden Globes red carpet in January, John said, "Madonna hasn't got a fucking chance [of winning]...those are accurate words." After "Masterpiece" bested John's "Hello Hello" for Best Original Song, John's husband, David Furnish, wrote on Facebook that "Madonna winning Best Original Song truly shows how these awards have nothing to do with merit. Her acceptance speech was embarrassing in its narcissism."

Shortly after the award show, John wryly advised Madonna to "lip-sync good" during her Super Bowl halftime performance. Most recently, he referred to Madonna as a "fairground stripper" and criticized her for being "horrible to Lady Gaga," referring to the tension between the two pop stars that arose from the similarities between Gaga's "Born This Way" and Madonna's "Express Yourself."

Now that she has forgiven, is Madonna also ready to forget? "You gotta start somewhere," she said onstage, before flashing a wide, cheeky grin.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/videos/madonna-i-forgive-elton-john-20120824#ixzz24UHpOtvT

----

:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me954Bc7t0E

"Selling out,

Is not my thing.

Walk away,

I won't be broken again.

I'm not,

I'm not what you think.

Dream away your life,

Someone else's dream.

Nothing equals nothing.

Letting go,

Is not my thing.

Walk away,

Won't let it happen again.

I'm not,

I'm not very smart.

Why should I feel sad,

For what I never had?

Nothing equals nothing.

Turn to stone.

Lose my faith.

I'll be, gone,

Before it happens."

• Upvote 4

YES.

This is the Madonna I love. The Madonna the casual listener doesn't get to experience. I swear some of her best work is laying dormant across her discography. 'Gone', 'Nothing Fails', 'Miles Away' etc. :wub:

-_- That song means so much to me.

Seriously. Between Something to Forget and American Life, her album material was on an entirely different plane. Some of it still blows my mind.

What does that have to do with "gone" :sigh:

I love Introspectivedonna

It's a Madonna thread someone mentioned something they liked I mentioned oh I'm listening to Madonna now. Didn't have to have anything to do with "Gone" I didn't see a comment in the post that specifically requested that all commentary about her post be in reference to "Gone" only. Go sit down somewhere. :filenails:

YES.

This is the Madonna I love. The Madonna the casual listener doesn't get to experience. I swear some of her best work is laying dormant across her discography. 'Gone', 'Nothing Fails', 'Miles Away' etc. :wub:

this post here is a perfect explanation as to why I said I was listening to "Bedtime Stories" it takes one song "Gone" and places it into a larger context, the fact that Madonna has great songs spread everywhere in her discography that folks didn't appreciate, and the album "Bedtime Stories" is a gem in it's entirety.

It's a Madonna thread someone mentioned something they liked I mentioned oh I'm listening to Madonna now. Didn't have to have anything to do with "Gone" I didn't see a comment in the post that specifically requested that all commentary about her post be in reference to "Gone" only. Go sit down somewhere. :filenails:

How bout on your dick