The Official Madonna Thread

TwistedElegance™

• 4 weeks later...

Why do you care so much?

I see no one is talking about Madonna's "MDNA" tour. Not totally selling al...

02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

there's a seating capacity of over 19,000 but there were around 17,000 who attended. Not bad tho but i'm still seeing no one talk about it anywhere on any sites like fb, twitter, or anywhere...not even here

Why do you care so much?

I see no one is talking about Madonna's "MDNA" tour. Not totally selling al...

02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

there's a seating capacity of over 19,000 but there were around 17,000 who attended. Not bad tho but i'm still seeing no one talk about it anywhere on any sites like fb, twitter, or anywhere...not even here

thanks I was looking for that thread :)

Billboard:

Madonna claims the No. 1 ranking on the weekly tally of Hot Tours for the fifth time since the launch of her blockbuster MDNA Tour that has been playing concert venues in Europe and North America since the end of May. Ticket revenue reported during the past week surpasses the $60 million mark from performances that occurred during October and November in 18 U.S. cities. With two-show runs at venues in Seattle, San Jose, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Houston, St. Paul and New York City, the overall attendance count from six weeks of concerts totals 336,386.

With $233 million already logged from 74 shows and a string of stadium performances scheduled in South American cities through December 22, the MDNA Tour is on track to potentially rank among the 10 top-grossing tours of all time. Madonna¹s top-grossing tour so far is Sticky & Sweet Tour (2008-2009) that generated more than $407 million in ticket sales and ranks fourth all-time on the Boxscore tally.

http://www.billboard...008028802.story

EMr2j.jpg

I'd say it's doing pretty good.

she could try being on fucking time for her shows, esp when I paid to see her :coffee: fucking bitch

She's kept Aussie fans waiting 20 years. My heart weeps for your 1-2 hours. :filenails:

back on topic, today I searched google with a simple question, what is Madonna's best album? Most agree it is "Ray of Light" and "Confessions on a Dance Floor" follows closely....I approve

Ray Of Light is unquestionably her best album. I think COADF is pretty overrated tbh. I love it, but she has plenty I'd rank before it.

Ray of Light > American Life > Music > Confessions > Like a Prayer > Bedtime Stories > Erotica > MDNA > True Blue > Hard Candy > Like a Virgin > Madonna imo.

American Life? You serious? What you smokin on?...........anywho I was mad as fuck Bedtime Stories was consistently rated low on many sites I visited today and that is just plain wrong..any album I can walk away from the computer and let play str8 thru is a damn good album

She's kept Aussie fans waiting 20 years. My heart weeps for your 1-2 hours. :filenails:

Ray Of Light is unquestionably her best album. I think COADF is pretty overrated tbh. I love it, but she has plenty I'd rank before it.

honey I queffed when I heard COADF the first time in my apartment cleaning up on a Sat. afternoon :wub: it was streaming on MTV.com but you couldn't stop nor skip tracks you had to let it play or it would start all over

Ray of Light > American Life > Music > Confessions > Like a Prayer > Bedtime Stories > Erotica > MDNA > True Blue > Hard Candy > Like a Virgin > Madonna imo.

Mine would look something like this.

:lol:

Hard Candy is obviously her best album -_-

There's something about Hard Candy I just love. :lol:

you sloppy bottom trick...you didn't pay to see her, and she was never coming to you so why come for me!!! how dare you? I waited for my blessing for over 3 hours! yours was never coming -_-

Again, heart, weeping.

^^ I have grown to like Hard Candy entirely too much for my own good in the last few months. It's dated but very solid.

American Life? You serious? What you smokin on?...........anywho I was mad as fuck Bedtime Stories was consistently rated low on many sites I visited today and that is just plain wrong..any album I can walk away from the computer and let play str8 thru is a damn good album

American Life is incredible and Bedtime Stories has a lot of filler. It works more as a singular cohesive unit than it does as a track-by-track album, so when dissected it's rather lackluster.

And I swear I still haven't put down MDNA. Half of it is terrible but the other half is just so good.

• Upvote 1

^^ I have grown to like Hard Candy entirely too much for my own good in the last few months. It's dated but very solid.

American Life is incredible and Bedtime Stories has a lot of filler. It works more as a singular cohesive unit than it does as a track-by-track album, so when dissected it's rather lackluster.

And I swear I still haven't put down MDNA. Half of it is terrible but the other half is just so good.

gurl bye :blink:
  • Upvote 1

There's something about Hard Candy I just love. :lol:

I actually really enjoyed it when it came out, because it was new Madonna of course but like Kenny said, it feels dated and felt dated when it first came out. The Timbo sound was already stale at that point. Her work with Pharrell was far superior. There are several gems on it, like Miles Away, Give It To Me, Dance 2 Night, Heartbeat, Voices, Devil Wouldn't Recognize You.

:lol:

There are true standout tracks on it, it's a shame they didn't get a chance to shine as singles. I think it would have reminded people she has some depth and creativity.