Flops.....

Bailey

Awww, thank you Bailey. :wub:

Hendrika is cute. Don't tell him I said that... it'll just inflate his ego even more! :sigh:

Hotass was probably telling the truth... I would definitely trade him my plus points for his bussy!!!! He can have ALL of my plus points if he gave up the bussy!! :yahoo:

Hotboy probably got dat good bussy, I love his stories :wub: its always someone str8 coming for him :asham:

.......................OK back on topic,

I think a flop artist is a artist who has undenyably more failed albums & eras than successful ones..

oh yea we were talking flops.....we don't have to limit the discussion to just women in music, dont be so gay :rolleyes: ....I mean like everything flop, like I was watching the movie "TED" and at the end they brought up Brandon whatever his name was from Superman and complained about how much of a shit movie it was, now you like film and stuff, I do too, I didnt think it was that bad but I check wikipedia out a lot and when the cost of a film is more than its box office that is a flop

To me a true FLOP is an artist who cant sell shit within the generation / time frame they've arrived in. If you're an 90s artist and you flop in later decades thats understandable because your audience is older and the young folks aren't buying your shit. but if you just came out within the last decade and aint selling...your a FLOP. Its all about the time bracket to me

To me a true FLOP is an artist who cant sell shit within the generation / time frame they've arrived in. If you're an 90s artist and you flop in later decades thats understandable because your audience is older and the young folks aren't buying your shit. but if you just came out within the last decade and aint selling...your a FLOP. Its all about the time bracket to me

I think that's a really great post, but what if you were just a flash in the pan that was over blown to begin with? Thats happen in every decade, folks that came on the scene and was hot for a quick second and gone, I kinda think Britney fits that her audience left really fucking quick

We finally agree, Dayz. :rolleyes:

hotboy is like a Virgin......me too....Im celibate

i guess I would be Virgin too..I'm celibate at the moment too. -_-

I think that's a really great post, but what if you were just a flash in the pan that was over blown to begin with? Thats happen in every decade, folks that came on the scene and was hot for a quick second and gone, I kinda think Britney fits that her audience left really fucking quick

Thats more like Ashanti ..not Britney :umm: Ashanti had one hit album..afterwards... we traded the bitch in quicker than a Keri Hilson cd at a Sell-Trade-Buy shop.

Britney is far from a flop..well I mean now she is..but thats becuz her TRL audience is grown now with kids...she's past her expiration date...so hers is understandable..not to mention she's had quite a few hit album ...Miss Ashanti is the true defintion of a "15 min" basic bitch who was destined to be a FLOP.

Thats more like Ashanti ..not Britney :umm: Ashanti had one hit album..afterwards... we traded the bitch in quicker than a Keri Hilson cd at a Sell-Trade-Buy shop.

Britney is far from a flop..well I mean now she is..but thats becuz her TRL audience is grown now with kids...she's past her expiration date...so hers is understandable..not to mention she's had quite a few hit album ...Miss Ashanti is the true defintion of a "15 min" basic bitch who was destined to be a FLOP.

who is Ashanti? I think she had one album right?

I agree, but I would add that if you're obviously trying to appeal to the kiddies and you flopping, then you best believe you will get called out as a flop.

This applies to artists who have struck deals with current media outlets, like Clear Channel radio stations who be playin your shit every hour on the hour.

I agree, but I would add that if you're obviously trying to appeal to the kiddies and you flopping, then you best believe you will get called out as a flop.

This applies to artists who have struck deals with current media outlets, like Clear Channel radio stations who be playin your shit every hour on the hour.

Well see..even tho ppl will call you a FLOP because they feel your are "selling out" to appeal to the younger (buying) audience..I really cant be mad at that becuz its just business..some might feel you are dumbing down your catalog (like Janet did with 20yo) to appeal..but I get why some artist do it... Sometimes I think if I were an artist in my 40s I more than likely would try to have at least a few songs on my album that appeals to the "young" masses..idk I guess I just understand how not only does the world showcase ageism but so does record labels...in the music biz its always that pressure to appeal.

It may be reality but that's not how we "spot the flop"... :umm:

In that case Ashanti is a living legend.. You know.. Since she has 3/5 successful albums :umm:

LOL you mean how YOU play it

What's the 3rd 1 and what about it was successful? Meanwhile Christina has 5 successful albums/eras, more than a handful of hits & #1s, and awards and pier & legend praise and accomplished all that with a style & image that nobody before her did to the level that she did......Does Ashanti have any of that now?

Selz is a flop :umm:

no she is not, you and I both need to work on our self-esteem.....you a pretty white woman I don't know why you feel these funks, I think if you got good friends in your world you would feel better.....also your flatmate, you have to draw a line somewhere because if you dont they will continue to push it, when you live with someone theres always a pull of power especially over a shared space, you need to let her know bitch you can't have folks over here partying and shit all the fucking time I live here too respect that or I will stab you in your sleep :yep: threats always work because folks aren't really sure is she crazy or serious....

It may be reality but that's not how we "spot the flop"... :umm:

In that case Ashanti is a living legend.. You know.. Since she has 3/5 successful albums :umm:

What.On.Earth?? ...No,Game. :blink:

first album successful

second album moderate (due to Beyonce's arrival)

the rest were FLOPS.

^This is very parallel to Ciara's catalog timeline.