Im nosey......humor me

Bailey

Okay so I know someone who is a laywer at a big law firm, works taxation. He hasn't been there more than 7 years or so, I wonder since he lives in Manhattan, I assume, what kind of income does one have to pull in to live there? I looked up salaries for Mergers & Acquisitions--Tax Advisor Ernst and Young....he travels a lot, business and pleasure, but what kind of income is he bringing in? I mean is he making 200k a year? Or 80k or a little over 100k. Im just curious, sometimes we see others who are successful and wonder well whats the bar? What's this guy pulling to live that life? Assuming he is in Manhattan and not some place close but just not Manhattan

It just seems to me that you spend a lot of time concerning yourself with what other people are thinking/earning/doing and investing energy into what they are thinking about you. It's human nature to a degree but you shouldn't dwell on it. Focus on you.

• Upvote 1

It just seems to me that you spend a lot of time concerning yourself with what other people are thinking/earning/doing and investing energy into what they are thinking about you. It's human nature to a degree but you shouldn't dwell on it. Focus on you.

I agree, sometimes curiosity gets the better of me, sometimes we compare, you know? I think that's what its about, like if I did this well then maybe I would be considered a "success"

There will always be people we know making more than us and seeming to "do better" but that doesn't make them happy. One of my closest friends is retired at 31 - he was a lawyer and did well investing his money. I'm 31 and restarting - if I sat there comparing I would depress myself, so I don't. And on a day to day basis he's no happier than me.

• Upvote 1

Google.com could have saved you a lecture from Paul

Use Google to your advantage

He always needs a lecture from Paul - whether it's stop being desperate, stop chasing white cock at the expense of your own well being, stop marketing yourself as a fetish.....the list goes on. I really should bill him for my advice.

He always needs a lecture from Paul - whether it's stop being desperate, stop chasing white cock at the expense of your own well being, stop marketing yourself as a fetish.....the list goes on. I really should bill him for my advice.

you're being really harsh now, come on now was all that necessary? Is that all you view from me?

There will always be people we know making more than us and seeming to "do better" but that doesn't make them happy. One of my closest friends is retired at 31 - he was a lawyer and did well investing his money. I'm 31 and restarting - if I sat there comparing I would depress myself, so I don't. And on a day to day basis he's no happier than me.

well this interesting....this is I think what was really getting at me....how does one see happiness? I can't say it was money for me, when I made great amounts of it I was actually more depressed because I couldn't understand why having so much I was still miserable.

how do you know he's not happier than you? :unsure:

I'm not trying to be harsh - I'm just talking about the main issues that come up in these types of discussions with you.

With regards to my friend, I don't know if he is or isn't happier than me for sure, but he definitely had his issues just like we all do, and If happiness means to have to use drugs to get high every other weekend then he can keep it.

I'm not trying to be harsh - I'm just talking about the main issues that come up in these types of discussions with you.

With regards to my friend, I don't know if he is or isn't happier than me for sure, but he definitely had his issues just like we all do, and If happiness means to have to use drugs to get high every other weekend then he can keep it.

oh no sir......

what I think is if my asking for opinions disturbs you so much, then why offer advice at all? You seem almost frustrated. I think when you asked "Am I a Bitch" I wasn't harsh nor judgmental, most importantly I was open to hearing what you had to say and putting aside any pre-conceived notions about who you are. I rest me case -_-

what I think is if my asking for opinions disturbs you so much, then why offer advice at all? You seem almost frustrated. I think when you asked "Am I a Bitch" I wasn't harsh nor judgmental, most importantly I was open to hearing what you had to say and putting aside any pre-conceived notions about who you are. I rest me case -_-

Im not disturbed by your threads asking for advice.

I will say that you still need to work on your self esteem.

Paul I had the greatest guy for you but he's dating someone :(

I have a bf - the American guy I was telling you about. He's taking me on holiday for my birthday. He wants to take me to morocco but I told him that if that's his plan then he'd better make sure I'm not staying in some hovel :)