Delusions of Grandeur: Nicki Minaj Says, ‘I Am Lyrically Better Than Most Male Rappers’

Escapade

She aint lyin. Romans Revenge her verses were as sick as Em's maybe even sicker. She can definitely hold her own with the best males in the game which is why they all respect her as a mc and wanted to work with her. Anybody who says otherwise is a damn lie. Point. Blank.

And this is coming from someone who couldnt stand the bitch at first. But I will NEVER EVER be here for POP Nicki, even tho I understand that career move.

She's looking for the long haul.. Not a 5 year career like Lil Kim

Lil Kim was an original...she trail blazed for these female emcees ....no matter how she looks now. what she did cannot be denied

I would give the trail blazing thing to Missy, yes Kim was hott once upon a time but her flow is a bit overrated and yall wanna give her too much becuz shes one of the popular females but just becuz someone was popular doesnt automatically make them the best thats ever did it. That's delusional and complacent thinking. Let's give da bitches like MC Lyte,Queen Latifah,Salt-n-Pepa a head nod cuz they are the true pioneers...they broke barriers,not Lil Kim.

I would give the trail blazing thing to Missy, yes Kim was hott once upon a time but her flow is a bit overrated and yall wanna give her too much becuz shes one of the popular females but just becuz someone was popular doesnt automatically make them the best thats ever did it. That's delusional and complacent thinking. Let's give da bitches like MC Lyte,Queen Latifah,Salt-n-Pepa a head nod cuz they are the true pioneers...they broke barriers,not Lil Kim.

Lil Kim was the 1st mainstream female rapper who opened the door to sexuality in a way that had only mostly done by men, she was the 1st to mix that much toughness and roughness, with that much sexuality, that alone sets her up with the greats. Salt-N-Pepa did opened the door to female rappers talking about sex at all, but Kim took it to a different level....breaking a barrier and set a tone, image and style for others to follow and they did/do.

• Upvote 7

I mean you guys argue about who the pioneers are but Nicki for sure isn't the best at anything except doing too much and making grunting/neighing/animal noises in songs.

I will credit Nicki for bringing female hip hop back to prominence..but to say that she is a pioneer is a bit of a stretch..she lost her way by trying to be "pop"..her element is hip hop and that's where she is the strongest.

Everything Nicki has done has already been done by people who did it better. She took from others and used that to get where she is today. It was void and she filled it.

• Upvote 1

All one has to do is look at who's style and image are the most imitated and they will know who the trailblazer is. No female MC embraced her sexuality and used it to her advantage the way kim did. Kim was the one who schooled these girls on spitting nasty rymes like their male counterparts. She was also the first to embrace fashion and damn near single handedly made "versace" a household name. When the history on hip hop is written, their will only be like 7 female artist who get chapters in that book. Kim will be one of those women. Nicki would not have had a blueprint if not for Kim and even she knows it.

• Upvote 3

I will credit Nicki for bringing female hip hop back to prominence..but to say that she is a pioneer is a bit of a stretch..she lost her way by trying to be "pop"..her element is hip hop and that's where she is the strongest.

Everything Nicki has done has already been done by people who did it better. She took from others and used that to get where she is today. It was void and she filled it.

Precisely.

I do like pop Nicki too tbh. But I can't take her too seriously tbqh.

Yes, yes & yes! :D

You speak in present tense as if she's still shitting

All she talk about was her pussy and sex. And that's not cute

Yeah.. 20 years ago... And now she can't even release an album to the public. #weak #unlegendary #falseicon

No...20 years ago was 1993.....Lil Kim didn't come on the scene as a solo artist till 95, and Hardcore was 96. And why can't she? She just hasn't, same with Lauryn, DaBratt, Eve & Missy, can they not also?