New Janet Pics, she's in Turkey & production info

jarrylf

so let me make sure this is clear....Janet should spend her own money because she has lots of it....regardless if the investment is worth it? .....that and we all know she frugal...BUT you expect her to make videos from her own money off singles that are not selling to please you ? Oh okay :filenails:

Why spend $ when the label should fork up...

That's like having insurance, paying out of pocket.. And saying "oh.. I'll just work more hours to pay it off"

Do either of you really think the label paid for the production of the Whoops now video? A singer funding their own video is not new or out of the ordinary or just for flops, thats been going on since the 80's. AND I didn't read anyone who'd like her to do more video's say or imply "thatd make her a hit, that'd get her a hit" or anything about her doing more videos gurantees or opens her chances for a hit. Look at what Alicia Key's is doing right now, for Christ's sake she has 1 top 20 song and 7 videos, Wanting more videos has nothing to do with wanting her stuff to be a hit, it has to do with she's a great visual artists whp having more videos to show that wouldn't hurt. It'd be something for the fans and her catalog.

• Upvote 1

Do either of you really think the label paid for the production of the Whoops now video? A singer funding their own video is not new or out of the ordinary or just for flops, thats been going on since the 80's. AND I didn't read anyone who'd like her to do more video's say or imply "thatd make her a hit, that'd get her a hit" or anything about her doing more videos gurantees or opens her chances for a hit. Look at what Alicia Key's is doing right now, for Christ's sake she has 1 top 20 song and 7 videos, Wanting more videos has nothing to do with wanting her stuff to be a hit, it has to do with she's a great visual artists whp having more videos to show that wouldn't hurt. It'd be something for the fans and her catalog.

Im not reading all that...I could do Whoops Now on my phone

AFY.. Then worked my way back to Janet Jackson album... the janet.remixed and Control.remix albums as well.. then in 04 she came back... I starved during lunch for a week to save up enough money to purchase her album... I seen two concerts of her so far... more to come

Ive seen 10 :whistle:

Whoops Now wasn't first single and wasn't released in the States as a single.. Soooo bad example

Ugh.. Comparing A Keys to Janet now.. Janet is a legend who doesn't need to dig in her pockets.. She's a businesswoman and a great one... Alicia is a piano player with sketchy vocals

Game shut up. You'll find any illegitimate reason to maintain an invalid point. The fact that it wasn't a single is IRRELEVANT. The fact that Alicia Keys isn't a legend is also IRRELEVANT.

:umm: Janet is on another level... A different lev.. You can't promote Janet like you promote Alicia Keys or any younger lessor

Whoops Now wasn't first single and wasn't released in the States as a single.. Soooo bad example

Ugh.. Comparing A Keys to Janet now.. Janet is a legend who doesn't need to dig in her pockets.. She's a businesswoman and a great one... Alicia is a piano player with sketchy vocals

The fact that it wasn't a single is IRRELEVANT. The fact that Alicia Keys isn't a legend is also IRRELEVANT.

Exactly. the point was she definitely paid for that budget, thats a guess I'd put money on and thats not to say thats the only 1 she ever did. And EXACTLY, Alicia is relevant to the topic at hand because in her current era she's had 6 singles to which only 1 of them was a hit, and 7 videos....

Im not saying Janet NEEDS to, Im saying I'd like her to, but if she did turn out another "3 single, 2 video" era as disapointed as I'd be (because again the videos is 1 of my favorite things about her eras), I'd still be here, my whole point is personally I'd like an era with more than 2-4 videos for the 1st time in almost 15 years, it doesn't make or break her if she does or doesnt.

Exactly. the point was she definitely paid for that budget, thats a guess I'd put money on and thats not to say thats the only 1 she ever did. And EXACTLY, Alicia is relevant to the topic at hand because in her current era she's had 6 singles to which only 1 of them was a hit, and 7 videos....

Im not saying Janet NEEDS to, Im saying I'd like her to, but if she did turn out another "3 single, 2 video" era as disapointed as I'd be (because again the videos is 1 of my favorite things about her eras), I'd still be here, my whole point is personally I'd like an era with more than 2-4 videos for the 1st time in almost 15 years, it doesn't make or break her if she does or doesnt.

Alicia is just throwing out music videos left and right to see which one sticks.. same thing Beyonce's doing with singles... that is not what Janet should do.. it's desperate and the consumers can see through it...

As a fan.. i can see why you would want 7 videos... you want to see more of Janet... more more more.. but she's [allegedly] nearly 40... and it's not 1993 anymore... Music videos don't just get made bc the fan wants them... music videos are used to promote a song/album/artist...

and again.. we can't compare Janet to some 20-30 year old piano vocalist... Janet is a legend and you can't market a legend like you market a lessor.