Paula Deen Racist Comments, Use Of N-Word Allegedly Caught On Video

Escapade

They're killing me with the "everybody makes mistakes, it was 30 years ago" bullshit. First of all, either "n*gger" is part of your vocabulary or it's not. No way in hell I believe she only said it once. But the people defending her seem to be making it all about that. Even if she "said it once 30 yrs ago", how do you defend the fact that she wanted a plantation-style wedding with slave-like servants in 2007? Or how do you defend her interview with the NY Times in 2012 and her seeming to empathize with her great grandfather and how distraught he was when the Civil War ended and he lost all his slaves (or "workers" as she put it) and killed himself? The bitch even had the nerve to say that the slaves were "like family". If they were treated so much like family, why the hell didn't they tear up their freedom papers and stay? In the same interview, she introduces us to her 'good black friend that she trusts with her life', all the while telling him not to stand against the background because he's so black he blends in. You can't defend that. And for the folk who are saying she's not the first and won't be the last and there's so many we don't know of, very true indeed....but who in their sane mind would knowingly support a bigot? Yes everybody makes mistakes and says things they regret, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for them.

• Upvote 1

They're killing me with the "everybody makes mistakes, it was 30 years ago" bullshit. First of all, either "n*gger" is part of your vocabulary or it's not. No way in hell I believe she only said it once. But the people defending her seem to be making it all about that. Even if she "said it once 30 yrs ago", how do you defend the fact that she wanted a plantation-style wedding with slave-like servants in 2007? Or how do you defend her interview with the NY Times in 2012 and her seeming to empathize with her great grandfather and how distraught he was when the Civil War ended and he lost all his slaves (or "workers" as she put it) and killed himself? The bitch even had the nerve to say that the slaves were "like family". If they were treated so much like family, why the hell didn't they tear up their freedom papers and stay? In the same interview, she introduces us to her 'good black friend that she trusts with her life', all the while telling him not to stand against the background because he's so black he blends in. You can't defend that. And for the folk who are saying she's not the first and won't be the last and there's so many we don't know of, very true indeed....but who in their sane mind would knowingly support a bigot? Yes everybody makes mistakes and says things they regret, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be held accountable for them.

well written post.....so should she receive forgiveness? I ask all this because she seems sincerely sorry as fuck

I think she's more sorry for herself than anything. She didn't issue an apology until after her sponsors started pulling out.

well okay I just wanna hear people's thoughts...I know all that "crying" shit she doing aint helping honey gone somewhere wit dat shit...Matt went in today....he stayed on subject..like but how many times have you used the word....okay I hear that but...are you afraid the companies that will drop you will cost you money? ...Matt is a cynic I think he don't buy her shit either...plus theres always the stuff we don't know that may have gone down...I mean a white woman blew the whistle on her.

well okay I just wanna hear people's thoughts...I know all that "crying" shit she doing aint helping honey gone somewhere wit dat shit...Matt went in today....he stayed on subject..like but how many times have you used the word....okay I hear that but...are you afraid the companies that will drop you will cost you money? ...Matt is a cynic I think he don't buy her shit either...plus theres always the stuff we don't know that may have gone down...I mean a white woman blew the whistle on her.

Not a single teardrop fell...and she tried sooooo hard...Matt did OK, he was supposed to be tough on her. I died when he asked her if she was there because she was sorry or to stop her brand from bleeding cash. It was a trainwreck. Then the bitch said "I is what I is and I ain't changin!" I know her publicist damn near died. They should have let Al Roker conduct the interview. He was the only one who brought up the slave wedding thing...and he checked the hell out of Natalie Morales about 'blacks using the word all the time'.

And yes, her creating and maintaining a racist & sexist work environment so vile and intolerable that another white woman had to sue her is very telling. But let her tell it, "there's an evil person out there that saw what she worked for and wanted to take it from her". Get the whole fuck outta here, Paula.

• Upvote 1

Not a single teardrop fell...and she tried sooooo hard...Matt did OK, he was supposed to be tough on her. I died when he asked her if she was there because she was sorry or to stop her brand from bleeding cash. It was a trainwreck. Then the bitch said "I is what I is and I ain't changin!" I know her publicist damn near died. They should have let Al Roker conduct the interview. He was the only one who brought up the slave wedding thing...and he checked the hell out of Natalie Morales about 'blacks using the word all the time'.

And yes, her creating and maintaining a racist & sexist work environment so vile and intolerable that another white woman had to sue her is very telling. But let her tell it, "there's an evil person out there that saw what she worked for and wanted to take it from her". Get the whole fuck outta here, Paula.

Im outta likes ......well damn......done da-da ...sold....hang da heffa :lmao:

I take it you don't believe she has forgiveness coming either?

Eh..everyone seems to be jumping ship on her--business wise anyway..maybe down the road she can recover..

But like Shawn said, she'll be fine financially. Her reputation and her brand are in the pits right now.

Eh..everyone seems to be jumping ship on her--business wise anyway..maybe down the road she can recover..

But like Shawn said, she'll be fine financially. Her reputation and her brand are in the pits right now.

okay...thanks for your input....this George Zimmerman thing is trying me....Trayvon coulda pulled a hotter chick than her anyway