Fucking hate Velvet Rope!

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Once I put on Twisted Elegence, it's a wrap! I have to play the entire album all the way through. Also, VTVR isn't just an album, it's an experience. The interludes, the quirks, the way the tracks transition into each other. Bout time I get to Empty, I've popped a Xanax and had a glass of wine. That album puts me on a trip. Only the Queen, Janet Jesus Jackson.

• Upvote 6

Once I put on Twisted Elegence, it's a wrap! I have to play the entire album all the way through. Also, VTVR isn't just an album, it's an experience. The interludes, the quirks, the way the tracks transition into each other. Bout time I get to Empty, I've popped a Xanax and had a glass of wine. That album puts me on a trip. Only the Queen, Janet Jesus Jackson.

All of this!!!!!!

EVERY. SINGLE. WORD.

• Upvote 1

The Velvet Bible is a fan favorite for a reason. It's one of those albums that you appreciate once you get a little older and understand Janet's stance on what she was experiencing around that time.

Everything about the era was unique. I was even scratching my head at her hair..but it was Janet the ARTIST. Her music and image had evolved. Her lyrics were deep and heartfelt. She was doing red hair before her daughter was even thought of. :coffee: It was a pivotal point in her career because it made people THINK. And what is art, if it doesn't evoke some type of response?

• Upvote 4

The Velvet Bible is a fan favorite for a reason. It's one of those albums that you appreciate once you get a little older and understand Janet's stance on what she was experiencing around that time.

Everything about the era was unique. I was even scratching my head at her hair..but it was Janet the ARTIST. Her music and image had evolved. Her lyrics were deep and heartfelt. She was doing red hair before her daughter was even thought of. :coffee: It was a pivotal point in her career because it made people THINK. And what is art, if it doesn't evoke some type of response?

She came out the gate on some other new type shit. Her appearance was African tribal meets S&M Funk Queen and that's exactly how the album came off. She became the music and by doing so she became an artist. I will forever be a stan for Velvet Rope Janet, that bitch is my Yoda.
  • Upvote 2

She came out the gate on some other new type shit. Her appearance was African tribal meets S&M Funk Queen and that's exactly how the album came off. She became the music and by doing so she became an artist. I will forever be a stan for Velvet Rope Janet, that bitch is my Yoda.

You can tell she was heavily influenced by African culture. The GTIG video and the TA video were evidence of that..even the choreography incorporated African dance. :wub:

You can tell she was heavily influenced by African culture. The GTIG video and the TA video were evidence of that..even the choreography incorporated African dance. :wub:

Even her symbol was African. I cant even begin to tell you how many people refer to the Sankofa as 'the janet symbol'. Only Superheroes have symbols and that's exactly how she came across during that era..she was a fuckin superhero. I loves her.

Even her symbol was African. I cant even begin to tell you how many people refer to the Sankofa as 'the janet symbol'. Only Superheroes have symbols and that's exactly how she came across during that era..she was a fuckin superhero. I loves her.

Ugh..I remember when I was stationed in Korea and this girl had the Sankofa tattooed on her wrist..she was a big Janet stan..and she happened to be bisexual as well. :shifty:

Ugh..I remember when I was stationed in Korea and this girl had the Sankofa tattooed on her wrist..she was a big Janet stan..and she happened to be bisexual as well. :shifty:

well alright for that. :shifty: I just know that THAT album saved lives. Seeing a well established black pop artist come out and embrace her inner weirdo and have themes on her album embracing homosexuality and shunning homophobia was very important to me as a young black weird homosexual child. She didn't have to go that route, but she did and I am forever grateful to her that she did. That's why I continue to come here and why I WILL ALWAYS support Janet Jackson. -_-