Mr. Wendy Williams had this to say...do u agree?

janetDAYZ

She was saying Janet should do Vegas and that she could see her do it well but then again Janet doesn't have the same "zing" as a Mariah Carey and that Mariah has a far more broader demographic than Janet. That an 80 yr old down to an 8yr old is into Mariah. It's apparent that Mr.Williams is always so clueless about things related to Janet and her legacy ...but anyway ..do u agree that Mariah's demographic is broader?

She REALLY is clueless about most things Janet related, like she made it a point to say "I love Janet, Janets for my age group" blah blah blah, but it's clear if she's a fan she's the example of a casual fan, don't know enough about Janet to have a valid opinion on any career moves Janet should make

That being said, she is a active Mariah fan, like she knows alot about her & her music, if she knew enough about Janet, she'd know Janet can be & IS for all ages too. BUT I think specifically what Mariah specializes in that Janet doesnt that Wendy might've been specifically referring to is that Mariah has the sparkley gowns and and the diamonds, and how she interacts with the audience 1 on 1, it is very "Vegasy". But where she fails is Janet would put on a fuckin SHOW, with fireworks, big effects, elaborate numbers, etc.

So its a case of Wendy just not knowing enough to make a valid case. Like she should've kept it bout Mariah.

Well its one thing to talk about show presentation becuz in that regard, yes Mariah would be a better fit cuz of the whole "diva singing ballads" thing. And Janet is far edgier than that but Wendy actually said Mariah's demographic is broader and Janet's is limited.. so she wasn't just talking about show presentation..she's saying Mariah appeals to ppl overall more than Janet. Nick Kannon continues to kiss his wife's ass talking about she is the most famous person on earth and that old ppl and lil babies know her. I'm like....wtf, hello ...its alot of icons that are know by everyone.. u sound ridiculous if u think Mariah is the most famous person alive

I was watching that too. I don't agree but I see what she saying. Mariah was more of a middle-of-the-road (MOR) artist than Janet and Wendy thinks that works more in Mariah's favor.

but see i always considered Janet to be more of a middle-of-the-road kind of artist cuz when I think of ppl like Celine, Mariah ...ballad singing heffas, that only appeals to the adult cont crowd lol but with Janet, she can get the old ppl wanting to move ..and definitely appealing to kids.. kids want to dance not listen to no damn Celine Dion sing a slew of boring ballads. Idk, to me dance/ pop music covers more ground than a Celine or Mariah ... I dnt see kids go bananas over no Mariah but I see them stan for janet

I really wouldn't be surprised if Wendy's never seen a Janet concert, which if true, makes her really in no place to judge, but I say that because such fuckery might come from JUST watching her award show performances over the years (not to take anything away from them, but we all know the tours are WAY different than the Network TV 3-8mins performances).

let me know when Mariah's demographic includes Isis, Anubis, Horus, Osiris, Athena, Dionysus, Apollo, Zeus, Poseidon, Juno, Venus, Maia, Ganesha, Shiva, Krishna, Sita, Kali, Yemaya, Oya, Oshun, Oggun, Obatala, Ahkenaton, Hatsheput, Blackfoot, Siddhartha, Medusa, Nefertiti, God's son, The three Maria's, Tara, Lilith, Lourde, Ghandi and 3 little girls named Keisha. :mellow: Until then and with all due respect, Miss Mariah cannot see Janhova's demographic. :huh:

• Upvote 8

but see i always considered Janet to be more of a middle-of-the-road kind of artist cuz when I think of ppl like Celine, Mariah ...ballad singing heffas, that only appeals to the adult cont crowd lol but with Janet, she can get the old ppl wanting to move ..and definitely appealing to kids.. kids want to dance not listen to no damn Celine Dion sing a slew of boring ballads. Idk, to me dance/ pop music covers more ground than a Celine or Mariah ... I dnt see kids go bananas over no Mariah but I see them stan for janet

I thinks it's the opposite. Janet is probably the least MOR among the divas, her music almost always had some type of edge. As relatively one-dimensional was those ballads are, they don't significantly alienate any demographic, especially the 50 and older crowd who are most likely to see those shows in Vegas. On the other hand, as popular is was, New Jack Swing was mostly something limited to certain cultures that managed to crossover. The 50+ and the rock crowd really dislike NJS and contemporary R&B. It's doesn't help that it didn't translate the well abroad either.

let me know when Mariah's demographic includes Isis, Anubis, Horus, Osiris, Athena, Dionysus, Apollo, Zeus, Poseidon, Juno, Venus, Maia, Ganesha, Shiva, Krishna, Sita, Kali, Yemaya, Oya, Oshun, Oggun, Obatala, Ahkenaton, Hatsheput, Blackfoot, Siddhartha, Medusa, Nefertiti, God's son, The three Maria's, Tara, Lilith, Lourde, Ghandi and 3 little girls named Keisha. :mellow: Until then and with all due respect, Miss Mariah cannot see Janhova's demographic. :huh:

I FUCKING LOVE YOU! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Chille she just got renewed through 2017, so the shades not going anywhere lol. Again to play devils advicate she does shade everybody, people she loves & don't (well the people she hates she never really brings up "cough Method man cough")

Thats because Meth will go in on her with real facts. He has so much dirt on her. She is so obsessed with people going to Vegas. She needs to take her drag act out there. If any needs to be in Vegas its her.

Well in Wendy's defense ...the only reason she brought up Janet doing Vegas ( this time) becuz she was spilling info on Britney's show not selling that well. That 16 dates went on sale and she only sold out 3. So she was clowning Britney on that alleged info cuz she thought Britney wuld have been a sellout in Vegas..then that's when she said she could see Janet doin Vegas. It's kind of a backhanded compliment I suppose.

BITCH.

LIFE! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I saw it but I wasn't offended. Its no secrete that Wendy LOVES Mariah. Plus, you have to factor in the whole conversation she was having. She was talking about who would have the easiest time selling tickets and she felt that britney's fanbase didn't have it like that to pay to fly and see her in Vegas. Britney's core fans are between 27 and 33 now. Folks that age have to save for a vegas trip and the older folks who can go to vegas all the time would probably be more inclined to see someone with a ton of ballads over a pop star with a ton of dance hits. But Wendy has been saying Janet should take residency in Vegas for over a year now. I think she thinks Janet would do good, but MC would do better. I can't say I agree with that, because during the number 1s tour Vegas was one of Janet's most successful dates, and as quiet as its kept, Janet is way more of a touring artist than MC. I think Britney is having a hard time because folks don't know if the show will be worth anything. I mean, bitch is only 31, but her stage performance game is equal to that of a 60 year old. She needs to show and prove before folks are willing to buy a ticket.

• Upvote 1

Well Ms.Britney Bitch sho didn't have a problem selling out the Circus tour when she was far more in a mental state then then she is now. They weren't hesitating on buying tickets and/or being worried if Brit was gonna put on a good show then. Which, I still til this day was shocked about but not really cuz I kno ppl like to go see train wrecks ..its entertainment . I am surprise Brit is having trouble (if it is true) becuz based on her last tour..she seemed unstoppable ..wit her being a mentally unstable puppet and all

And tbh the fact that Mariah even being brought up in a convo about Vegas residency is comical considering the bitch can't get thru a 3:45 song without sounding a complete mess and/or relying.on backing tracks much less tryna have a

2 hr set where she's performing every nite? Plzzzz ...that's delusional how ppl speak on her as if she hasn't been.having major vocal issues for the last decade.. which is even more noticeable now than ever. No we can stick with Celine..who still sounds amazing. Mariah would juss make a fool of herself ,especially considering her show would get compared to Celine's

OMG LMAO!

speaking of Britney and Vegas...My friend had his audition yesterday and he made the cut. He will be dancing with her in Vegas....so I will be making a trip out there to see the show

Yaaaasss!! Congratulations to Mikey, I knew he would make it...I TOLD YA! :P

• Upvote 1