Question

Bailey

Because there are still huge names that are selling.. including Drake, Miley, Katy, Eminem, and the President of Pop, Justin Timberlake

Britney Spears decided to work with Will.i.Flop and Xtina being extremely boring and a talent-show host.. and Gaga will do fine after the tour...

but we as Janet fans shouldn't expect Janet to sell millions and millions of copies.. with the right promo, the right song(s).. Janet will sell at least 200k first week... but Janet hasn't had a great song since AFY, not including FB... If she comes weak like her singles from DJ/20.. well then expect her to embarrass herself

Because there are still huge names that are selling.. including Drake, Miley, Katy, Eminem, and the President of Pop, Justin Timberlake

Britney Spears decided to work with Will.i.Flop and Xtina being extremely boring and a talent-show host.. and Gaga will do fine after the tour...

but we as Janet fans shouldn't expect Janet to sell millions and millions of copies.. with the right promo, the right song(s).. Janet will sell at least 200k first week... but Janet hasn't had a great song since AFY, not including FB... If she comes weak like her singles from DJ/20.. well then expect her to embarrass herself

I agree with that, I just see the media going after her about sales, and I don't expect sales, I just hope for a QUALITY project

So much fuckery, so little time

Anyway to the question at hand. As proven with Damita Jo, if sales is a concern that problem lies in marketing and promotion from the label. But still that being said, what black women post 45 is really selling that huge anyway? I think it's foolish to worry about sales really, Im worried more about what it'll sound like, if it comes out sounding like Control-DJ we're in the clear with quality, but if it's Discipline part 2, words CANNOT express the disapointment, anyway back to the subject. Everybody you & Game listed is under 40, and have under 10 albums out, they're not in the same ball park, they NEED the sales & the hit's right now, Janet doesn't, Janet needs her discography to have the same quality as albums 3-6. And it's marketing & promo, like not even for the sales but just for the recognition.

DJ was slightly outpaced by Usher's "Confessions" because everyone was obsessed with that album. She still opened to nearly 400K

20YO was outpaced for the #1 spot because Ludacris slashed the price of his album. The single was #1 on Urban stations even though pop/mainstream radio wouldn't touch her. She still opened to over 300K in sales.

As I've said numerous times, what is or isn't a "weak single" is subjective. If not, you must think every single sitting with in the top 20 is GENIUS/AMAZING. We both know that's not the case.

Janet has done great considering the industry politics blocking her way in terms of full promotion.

No, she won't see sales of her prime again, but it's more so about tying things up on the business end for Janet. If what I'm hearing is true, that's exactly what she's is doing this go around.

Her comeback is more so about acceptance and acknowledgement within the industry than garnering huge sales. Unless she shocks everyone and comes back with her own "Believe" type single in terms of success.

• Upvote 2

Those artists cater to a fickle fan base. But Janet will probably be trying to cater to that audience as well, so I don't expect much sales tbh.

I'm really only expecting Janet's album to sell two million WW at the end of the day. And I think she'll open at #1 with 140k.

• Upvote 2

I don't see the media going after Janet if her new album doesn't sell well. Her last two albums didn't do BIG numbers so it would surprise no one if her new album did around the same thing. 180,000-250,000

Personally.. I do think she will sell more this time around since this will be her first album since the passing of her brother and folks are curious to see what she will do. And if the music is stellar, she will sell just fine.

• Upvote 3

DJ was slightly outpaced by Usher's "Confessions" because everyone was obsessed with that album. She still opened to nearly 400K

20YO was outpaced for the #1 spot because Ludacris slashed the price of his album. The single was #1 on Urban stations even though pop/mainstream radio wouldn't touch her. She still opened to over 300K in sales.

As I've said numerous times, what is or isn't a "weak single" is subjective. If not, you must think every single sitting with in the top 20 is GENIUS/AMAZING. We both know that's not the case.

Janet has done great considering the industry politics blocking her way in terms of full promotion.

No, she won't see sales of her prime again, but it's more so about tying things up on the business end for Janet. If what I'm hearing is true, that's exactly what she's is doing this go around.

Her comeback is more so about acceptance and acknowledgement within the industry than garnering huge sales. Unless she shocks everyone and comes back with her own "Believe" type single in terms of success.

I'm not sure why you ran down the list of failures from 2004-2006 as if I wasn't there or didn't know... Thanks tho, I think?

JALW, IWY, COM, S.EX, and RWU were all weak songs.. JALW is sadly the best song I named. Sorry bout it

As far as her promo.. Besides Discipline, her promo was awesome for DJ and 20.. The only thing was.. Radio didn't play her

The truth

JALW, IWY, COM, S.EX, and RWU were all weak songs.. JALW is sadly the best song I named. Sorry bout it

Besides Discipline, her promo was awesome for DJ and 20

The lies

• Upvote 1

Just long as it does better than MDNA ..I'm satisfied :coffee:

so you want Janet to play dirty and bundle her cds or drastically slash the price of her album? -_- Or maybe collaborate with Eminem, Drake and Justin Timberlake all on one song and call it 'Luvin me Gimme' ...either way she will seem desperate and Im not here for Despernet Scandalouson.

• Upvote 2

I'm not sure why you ran down the list of failures from 2004-2006 as if I wasn't there or didn't know... Thanks tho, I think?

As far as her promo.. Besides Discipline, her promo was awesome for DJ and 20.. The only thing was.. Radio didn't play her

And many fans hate JALW with every fiber of their being and think it's Janet's weakest single. Hence, my comment about opinions of weak singles being subjective. Thank you for proving my point ^_^