Why do so many Janet Fans hate Ciara?

BlackCat1989

This is a question that I have been thinking about for a while now. Let me say first of all I'am the biggest Janet Stan there is and Ciara will never have Janet's impact, influence, success, popularity, etc. But seeing that she is one of the main pop girls out right now that is directly influenced by Janet, I don't get the hate that some of my fellow Janet Stans have for her. I love the fact that she mentions Janet often and wants to work with her. With the media trying hard to erase Janet's legacy I think that if Ciara was as big as someone like Rihanna Janet's impact would be a lot more noticed. What do you guys think?

Funny thing about me, I like her, but the SEC she gets a "she's just like Janet' UH-UHHHHHHHH HELLS NO! That's my thing that makes me annoyed with her, is that people link her with Janet SO much when we Janet fans know Janet was about so much more.

And if you really wanna go there with me, tell me they have the same or similar vocal abilities. Theres a difference between Janet, Lisa Lisa, Sade, & Aaliyah vs. Paula, Pebbles, Cassie & Ciara. The 1st group can actually sing, all have soft voices but all have versatility to them, rich tones and vocal strengths, the 2nd group mostly NO, one key, no highs, no lows, just 1 key for everything, thats it.

But when Janet's out of the pic & it's JUST about Ciara, I like alot of her music, hell her Evolution album was headed in the right direction, she went with a sharp wrong with Fantasy Ride tho.

• Upvote 2

she doesn't do much better than Janet, but its obviously janet inspired many times.....the problem isn't Janet or comparisons to her, the problem is Ciara doesn't have a spot in this game, where does she fit in a unique way that matters? In any way that someone else hasn't already taken that spot?

Its like Janet is the blueprint and her blueprint has been copied so many times, that artist like Ciara aren't anything special. The thing I hate most when people compare the two is that they forget that Janet is much more than a dance artist. She was a innovative and one of the first female artist to really put herself out there. Her music for me at least is very personable and I can relate to her.

• Upvote 2

Its like Janet is the blueprint and her blueprint has been copied so many times, that artist like Ciara aren't anything special. The thing I hate most when people compare the two is that they forget that Janet is much more than a dance artist. She was a innovative and one of the first female artist to really put herself out there. Her music for me at least is very personable and I can relate to her.

Exactly like I said for me, that's where the shade comes from, the sec people call her the "new Janet" nuh-uh,

IyanlaNotOnMyWatch-vi.gif

• Upvote 1

Exactly like I said for me, that's where the shade comes from, the sec people call her the "new Janet" nuh-uh,

IyanlaNotOnMyWatch-vi.gif

Becuz you're taking it too literal. Ppl only say that becuz let's face it, Ciara is the first female dancer that can REALLY dance since Janet. The general public look at Janet as the #1 Female Dance Force ..first and foremost. That's why ppl call her this generations Janet and Chris B as this generations MJ. THEY are the TOP female and male dancer today. No one is dancing like them.

Becuz you're taking it too literal. Ppl only say that becuz let's face it, Ciara is the first female dancer that can REALLY dance since Janet. The general public look at Janet as the #1 Female Dance Force ..first and foremost. That's why ppl call her this generations Janet and Chris B as this generations MJ. THEY are the TOP female and male dancer today. No one is dancing like them.

Yea no, but all she can do is dance, she can't sing, she don't write, she has the occasional good song, but it's not enough. And that's my problem with alot of the people who say she's the next Janet who clearly don't know Janet was more than a glorified dancer, that she was musically great, so no I don't play that, same rule applies for Chris. I can't help but be offended by those title because as fans of them we know better, we expect better. Like we had the discussion before I accept that title with Janet for Aaliyah because Aaliyah was more than a dancer, she was a good & emotional singer as well as being a fantastic dancer and performer, and tho she was different from Janet too, she had more than 1 thing in common with her basically.

Because Janet is an artist. Ciara needs to be a choreographer.

WHOOP THERE IT IS!

Anyone who gets the title the next Janet has to be more than 1 aspect about Janet, and hell on the subject of that aspect, they arent THAT much alike, Ciara stays in 1 lane of dance (where she is excellent) but Janet was too diverse. But to deserve that title from me theres gotta be good music or artistry along WITH the choreography.

• Upvote 1

Because Janet is an artist. Ciara needs to be a choreographer.

The general public don't see it that way. They don't hold Janet's artistry to the high standards of Mike,Prince or Madonna. Only REAL music researchers understand and realize Janet is much much more than just a Killer Dancer. Why do you think we discuss how Underrated Janet actually is in the grand scheme of things. Janet has been overlooked so many times when they compile these lists that are filled w/ icons. Look at how she has yet to be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame? Cuz ppl have to take out time to really dissect her catalog to understand why she should be ranked w/ mj Madge and prince. It's been an uphill battle for Janet. Yeah, they view her as an icon and legend but not enough to induct her in R&R hall of fame. There's a reason for that. And I think its becuz Mike is her brother..

• Upvote 1

The general public don't see it that way. They don't hold Janet's artistry to the high standards of Mike,Prince or Madonna. Only REAL music researchers understand and realize Janet is much much more than just a Killer Dancer. Why do you think we discuss how Underrated Janet actually is in the grand scheme of things. Janet has been overlooked so many times when they compile these lists that are filled w/ icons. Look at how she has yet to be inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame? Cuz ppl have to take out time to really dissect her catalog to understand why she should be ranked w/ mj Madge and prince. It's been an uphill battle for Janet. Yeah, they view her as an icon and legend but not enough to induct her in R&R hall of fame. There's a reason for that. And I think its becuz Mike is her brother..

The question is about Janet's fans. Not the general public.

The question is about Janet's fans. Not the general public.

#THEEND Twin just brought it around to what the questions about, when it comes to Janet her fans know more about her and what her name is worth than the general public (well the younger kids anyway, most folks over 30 I've had this discussion with knows better, just like they know Janet can sing, it's these new kids that don't).

I don't have a problem with Ciara. I'm just not a fan.

The problem arises when I see people trying to disregard Janet's impact/influence and somehow place Ciara above Janet.

Her stans can't really do that because Ciara hasn't been as successful, but Beyonce and Britney Spears stans attempt to do it ALL THE TIME. It's like they have something against giving Janet credit. :mellow:

You mention MJ and no one has issues acknowledging his influence on their fav. Some with Madonna. Mention Janet and suddenly it becomes an issue... I don't get it. I understand Janet isn't "hot" right now in terms of impact on the charts, etc, but some want to disregard her completely.

Like Beyezbel's new album, you have stans swearing up and down that she was influenced by Madonna. You bring up the Janet influence, and suddenly it's a problem. Beyonce is not influenced by Janet, and you're bitter about her current success if you even mention it. :mellow:

Kind of veered away from the main topic, but it's the same thing, people seemingly want to downplay and disregard Janet's impact. Ciara's stans do this as well.

#THEEND Twin just brought it around to what the questions about, when it comes to Janet her fans know more about her and what her name is worth than the general public (well the younger kids anyway, most folks over 30 I've had this discussion with knows better, just like they know Janet can sing, it's these new kids that don't).

Exactly

I don't have a problem with Ciara. I'm just not a fan.

The problem arises when I see people trying to disregard Janet's impact/influence and somehow place Ciara above Janet.

Her stans can't really do that because Ciara hasn't been as successful, but Beyonce and Britney Spears stans attempt to do it ALL THE TIME. It's like they have something against giving Janet credit. :mellow:

You mention MJ and no one has issues acknowledging his influence on their fav. Some with Madonna. Mention Janet and suddenly it becomes an issue... I don't get it. I understand Janet isn't "hot" right now in terms of impact on the charts, etc, but some want to disregard her completely.

Like Beyezbel's new album, you have stans swearing up and down that she was influenced by Madonna. You bring up the Janet influence, and suddenly it's a problem. Beyonce is not influenced by Janet, and you're bitter about her current success if you even mention it. :mellow:

Kind of veered away from the main topic, but it's the same thing, people seemingly want to downplay and disregard Janet's impact. Ciara's stans do this as well.

Ciara stans only say they think Ciara is a better dancer, that's all. It's not that serious..just like you said in the other thread..your opinion is your opinion. So why can't they voice theirs? Hypocrite much? Even Ciara has said she's s better dancer. Who cares?

Ciara stans only say they think Ciara is a better dancer, that's all. It's not that serious..just like you said in the other thread..your opinion is your opinion. So why can't they voice theirs? Hypocrite much? Even Ciara has said she's s better dancer

Nah, I don't care about that. I'm talking about those that go out of their way to deny Janet's impact/influence on her.

Ciara stans have a hard time with that, because she hasn't been as successful, but they do it. Along with Beyzebel and Stiffney's stans.

That's when I have a problem with it.