What's your process of making new friends?

jarrylf

Ever be in a public place and randomly have a great conversation, connection, & vibe with someone knowing they'd make a great friend, only to never see them again because it's not like dating someone where you just go "heres my number/Can I have yours", "wanna catch a movie sometime" etc. It's weird when dating isn't the motive.

It's weird. It's something I never dealt with until moving to Cali. In Detroit it wasn't hard for me at all, I had my friends since High School, a ton of cousins my age, friends of friends, etc. But when I moved here, I had nobody, and I live by a college with a ton of people in my age group and seemingly everytime I'd go out to hang somewhere, I'd intereact and have a great convo and connection and we'd never offer up anything where we'd continue on to maybe a great friendship. But now it's been 2 years & because of working & friends of friends I got me a nice little group but those early months were pretty hard.

Whats your process/experience like?

I don't make friends easily. I haven't had a new friend in years. In fact I don't have any friends right now except my childhood best friend. All my school/college/uni friends have been demoted to "Facebook Friends" and we've all just drifted apart. I'm that much of an introvert that it's somewhat hard to make new ones especially now that I work full-time. I guess people think I'm rude and don't approach me but I'm truly not - I'm just shy although it doesn't help that I always have my headphones on.

Yes it can be strange. House parties are best though.One on one conversations don't make good friend invitations.

"We're going a road trip, you wanna come"

"Do you smoke? I need a new weed connect"

"We're partying in NY as a group, you should come"

"The new X-men is out, me and my buddies are going"

"I'm having a cookout"

Anything else seems a little weird, and is perceived as gay. Especially as men we aren't conditioned to socialize as we get older the same way women are. So many of my buddies get married and only meet new friends through their wife. It's weird.

I don't make friends easily. I haven't had a new friend in years. In fact I don't have any friends right now except my childhood best friend. All my school/college/uni friends have been demoted to "Facebook Friends" and we've all just drifted apart. I'm that much of an introvert that it's somewhat hard to make new ones especially now that I work full-time. I guess people think I'm rude and don't approach me but I'm truly not - I'm just shy although it doesn't help that I always have my headphones on.

Same, especially the last part.

:w00t: I been high like every fucking night....posting here and watching tv....I was high as fuck watching the last episode of Game of Thrones last week that aired :lmao: .....shit was good doe -_-

:lmao: I have a love hate relationship with the green. Sometimes it makes me very energized when I wanna relax. :unsure:

:lmao: I have a love hate relationship with the green. Sometimes it makes me very energized when I wanna relax. :unsure:

oh no Im very analytical on weed, I mean high enough I get some serious clarity ...oh and I love to clean high, I woke up and was like how did my jeep get so clean? :unsure: