Floyd Mayweather Can't Read

Escapade

So after 50 Cent challenged Floyd Mayweather to a “read-off” because, according to Fif, Floyd can’t read worth a damn, the New York City-based morning show, The Breakfast Club, dug up audio of The Champ attempting to read.

Of course it was Charlamagne Tha God who pulled up the unedited audio clip of Floyd struggling to read the simple, two-sentence drop that would’ve normally taken the average person 10 seconds to read. We know this because DJ Envy timed Charlamagne reading the short script before playing the cringeworthy clip.

The script:

“I’m Floyd Mayweather and I’ve joined IHeartRadio for the Show Your Stripes movement to support the hiring of vets. Go to ShowYourStripes.org, a website that connects veterans with employees and helps businesses find candidates with the best training.”

I’ve got no comment because, according to Internet logic, Floyd has more money than me which means I can’t say anything about him.

This is so damn sad lmao. He's such a cocky douchebag anyway. I don't feel bad for him.

Floyd is a douchebag but 50 no sense and the breakfast club are shameful, hateful human beings. Illiteracy is not a joke or something to shame someone for. Many grown men and women in the industry have made millions but can't read. This speak to a bigger problems in our school systems when a person can continue to be passed along not knowing how to read. My Grandfather is 77 years old and never learned to read. Granted he dropped out in 3rd grade to help pick cotton in the fields of Mississippi. It was common for black people in the 1940s not to complete school. But his struggle was a family secrete that he was very ashamed of. He can read better now than in the 80s and 90s when I was a child, but not by much. My point is, its a real problem that should not be made light of. 

• Upvote 3

Well... 1) He's a boxer... and 2) He's filthy rich

Yes it's an issue if the person is poor/middle-class... but if you're rich, you're doing something right even if it isn't reading

This type of personal drama shouldn't be made fun of.. I mean, how is that helping? It's Cyberbullying 

So, Floyd spends shit tons of money on cars, houses, ridiculous amounts on bets, chains, etc but he can't hire a tutor? I could see if he had a learning disorder or something but he definitely has the funds to get educated and he spends it on nonsense just to brag and show off on social media. He's so arrogant with his spending as well, always flaunting his millions, meanwhile he is struggling with simple reading skills. I don't understand his logic. 

So, Floyd spends shit tons of money on cars, houses, ridiculous amounts on bets, chains, etc but he can't hire a tutor? I could see if he had a learning disorder or something but he definitely has the funds to get educated and he spends it on nonsense just to brag and show off on social media. He's so arrogant with his spending as well, always flaunting his millions, meanwhile he is struggling with simple reading skills. I don't understand his logic.

What's he got to learn? He punches people for millions of dollars.. :umm: the point of an education is to move up in the work force. Pis he going to get a doctorate in Boxing?

Y'all so unnecessary

So illiteracy is okay as long as you have money?

I'm sure he can read... He just cannot read very well.. And he's a multi-million dollar boxer... 

So yes.. Education is not all that important if your a sports entertainer/athlete.. His brain is programmed for one thing.. Hitting people in the face and being a giant douchebag

I'm sure he can read... He just cannot read very well.. And he's a multi-million dollar boxer... 

So yes.. Education is not all that important if your a sports entertainer/athlete.. His brain is programmed for one thing.. Hitting people in the face and being a giant douchebag

Have you watched the ESPN documentary "Broke"?

Have you watched the ESPN documentary "Broke"?

Yup.. Said nothing about boxing champions... who is currently worth $170 million.. With a career earning of $333 million. 

That's like if Michael Jac---errr Janet Jackson would to go broke.. Sure, it can happen but so could world peace.. it's highly unlikely.. He is the highest paid boxer... so please.. save the documentary for the bench players 

Do y'all even know who Floyd Mayweather is besides him being pain in the butt

It was common for people in the 1940s not to complete school.

A touching story, but Let me edit that for you. Enrollment rates in education during 1940s between white and black Americans were only 7%. And a little more than half of Americans had completed grades higher than 8th grade.

Based on my research.. "Blacks & Others" illiteracy rate was at 11%. That 11% includes any non-white citizen

Yup.. Said nothing about boxing champions... who is currently worth $170 million.. With a career earning of $333 million. 

That's like if Michael Jac---errr Janet Jackson would to go broke.. Sure, it can happen but so could world peace.. it's highly unlikely.. He is the highest paid boxer... so please.. save the documentary for the bench players 

Do y'all even know who Floyd Mayweather is besides him being pain in the butt

Yeah, but he's still boxing and winning. He can't box forever... and you can't collect royalties.

Hell look at the the boxers that were in his position. Tyson made the same amount and had to file for bankruptcy....

Perhaps Mayweather is ahead of the curve when it comes to his finances and the future of them after he retires. That's a wait and see. Just don't think because you have the talent that makes a lot of money, doesn't mean you are set for life, especially if your talents is perishable (especially athletic ability). 

Yeah, but he's still boxing and winning. He can't box forever... and you can't collect royalties.

Hell look at the the boxers that were in his position. Tyson made the same amount and had to file for bankruptcy....

Perhaps Mayweather is ahead of the curve when it comes to his finances and the future of them after he retires. That's a wait and see. Just don't think because you have the talent that makes a lot of money, doesn't mean you are set for life, especially if your talents is perishable (especially athletic ability). 

Mike Tyson also got divorced, served prison time for allege rape, and bit an ear. Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather are not the same person therefore cannot be held under the same standards

I think Mayweather is just fine, financially, as he'll ever be. 

Give me $170 million and I can live off that for the rest of my life.

Mike Tyson also got divorced, served prison time for allege rape, and bit an ear. Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather are not the same person therefore cannot be held under the same standards

I think Mayweather is just fine, financially, as he'll ever be. 

Give me $170 million and I can live off that for the rest of my life.

I can live off of $170 million for the rest of my life too. But I really don't really want for that much.  But Floyd likes to spend extremely lavishly, and that is fine for the income stream he has at this moment, but it is to be determined what happens when he retires and his income slows significantly.

But back to the topic. It is a bit distasteful to find joy in someone illiteracy.  Unfortunately he did not have to support and that was not of his choosing.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I don't care how many millions you have cause compared to him a broke bitch like me can drag him for simply not being able to read. He can say he has more money than I do but at least I know how to read my bank statement when it comes in :coffee:

What's he got to learn? He punches people for millions of dollars.. :umm: the point of an education is to move up in the work force. Pis he going to get a doctorate in Boxing?

Y'all so unnecessary

He needs to learn to read much better and to understand what he's reading. There's contracts to sign buddy and all kinds of other stuff. He could be getting fucked around for money right now as we speak not even knowing he should be getting more. All his dumb ass does is sign the paper and gets millions when he could probably get millions more. He should know if his accountant or manager are screwing him or not.

• Upvote 1

Exactly. I don't care how many millions you have cause compared to him a broke bitch like me can drag him for simply not being able to read. He can say he has more money than I do but at least I know how to read my bank statement when it comes in :coffee:

He needs to learn to read much better and to understand what he's reading. There's contracts to sign buddy and all kinds of other stuff. He could be getting fucked around for money right now as we speak not even knowing he should be getting more. All his dumb ass does is sign the paper and gets millions when he could probably get millions more. He should know if his accountant or manager are screwing him or not.

Do you honestly think Janet Jackson reads her contracts? :blink: That's what lawyers are for 

Anyone could get fucked around for money but I don't think companies are willing to play with a $170 million client like they're nothing.. Please refrain from mentioning TLC and Toni bc they never made a quarter of that 

Meanwhile, Ms. Beyonce is worth $450 million yet doesn't have a High School diploma.. I don't see y'all pleading that she should go to school

Janet Jackson is worth $1 billion... I guess she should start studying business law soon or else she'll never afford that new yacht 

Bottom line, he has a better chance of getting fucked over. Reading is fundamental.

So Toni Braxton, TLC, and N'SYNC were ALL illiterate!!!! MJ too.. man he should have went to college for sure! 

I don't think you want to piss off a rich boxer by stealing his income :umm: Mayweather is crazy 

They were all irresponsible. To be irresponsible AND illiterate is a whole other ballgame.

Since we do not know that to be fact since you assume he's irresponsible because he showers himself with gifts and posts them on social media in a boasting kind of way

All we know is he can barely read, the richest boxer in the world, and a giant douche with a short temper

Bottom line, he has a better chance of getting fucked over. Reading is fundamental.

Exactly. And I'm not here for your excuses Game. Fantasia can live the rest of her life wealthy too but the bitch got her GED and learned how to read didn't she? :)

• Upvote 1