MTV VMAs 2014 - Official Discussion Thread - RATINGS DROPPED FROM LAST YEAR

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

ok let's take out that I mentioned Superbowl. I see you highlighted that and not the tour part :) It was all over twitter than it was recycled stuff from her tour

And considering you didn't go on the tour, why does it bother you that she borrowed a chair from it? I'd get it if you had gone to it and wanted something else :). Only people who went to the tour or took the time to YouTube her would find some of it familiar...everyone else should be clueless :)

Lol no BUT she could have sang her hits and not perform every fucking song from her album tho

I think MTV put all their coins into Beyonce which wasn't needed.. Spread the love.. I'm sure Nicki would gave a better perfromance if her stage and shit was top notch

But then you'd all say she recycled her Superbowl performance :unsure:. She can't win either way.

Nicki would have given a better performance? Do you remember the exorcism performance?

And considering you didn't go on the tour, why does it bother you that she borrowed a chair from it? I'd get it if you had gone to it and wanted something else :). Only people who went to the tour or took the time to YouTube her would find some of it familiar...everyone else should be clueless :)

But then you'd all say she recycled her Superbowl performance :unsure:. She can't win either way.

Nicki would have given a better performance? Do you remember the exorcism performance?

Well if she continuously does uses the same elements from her tour with very little tweaking, then yes -- it is recycled.

Well if she continuously does uses the same elements from her tour with very little tweaking, then yes -- it is recycled.

I could name a few artists who have done it more times...like Michael's VMA Performance being a rehash of all his tours? The Partition chair debuted in Feb :umm:. I'd get it if she did the same old routines she did at the Superbowl but the stuff she did here is still relatively new :lol:

I don't see the problem either way. Most artists rehash their tour for a special performance. It's a nice summary for someone unable to attend her concert

Exactly. Not everyone goes on Youtube to watch videos of people they don't like or are only casual fans of. 

I don't see the problem either way. Most artists rehash their tour for a special performance. It's a nice summary for someone unable to attend her concert

It's not a problem, at least for me anyways.  Beyonce fans just try to pretend everything she's doing brand new when everything down to the lighting and props are the same.

It's not a problem, at least for me anyways.  Beyonce fans just try to pretend everything she's doing brand new when everything down to the lighting and props are the same.

Some Beyonce fans :lol:. Like Illi said - I don't think it's a problem in this case, when a lot of viewers probably didn't even go to the tour. As a Beyonce fan I'm glad she didn't do the old hits and focused on the album.

;lkjhgfhjkl./;kjhgfhjkl wtf are Real Sales? Guess Beyoncé sold 2+ Million copies of air?

fuckN old & senile

Real sale records means none-iTunes.. None-surprise-and worth bragging over

:umm: barely selling 2 million doesn't impress me :coffee: eminem and Adele will break that by the end of the year

• Upvote 1

Real sale records means none-iTunes.. None-surprise-and worth bragging over

:umm: barely selling 2 million doesn't impress me :coffee:eminem and Adele will break that by the end of the year

Off course the white people will :umm:

Pretending she's actually creative, it's the video vanguard award not the Grammy for best album.. I enjoyed Beyonce's performance.. The only thing missing was good songs

No.

Pretending she's actually creative, it's the video vanguard award not the Grammy for best album.. I enjoyed Beyonce's performance.. The only thing missing was good songs

No.

And what was the album? A VISUAL album. What is the award? A VIDEO vanguard award. Connect the dots. 

It's not a problem, at least for me anyways. Beyonce fans just try to pretend everything she's doing brand new when everything down to the lighting and props are the same.

This!

They will not admit that it was recycled. They won't admit that she copied and pasted (again). They won't admit that she's not creative

This!

They will not admit that it was recycled. They won't admit that she copied and pasted (again). They won't admit that she's not creative

But sis, isn't it your fave the one that does the same gymnastic routines, all the time? At least she and ha daughter enjoyed it though

Beyonce just made me cry. She also made my daughter dance. #performanceofthenight

Oh.. Didn't know this was about race.. I didn't know they were famous for being white and not having outstanding music. Britney's white.. She's about to shit too? Xtina looks... Err you get the point

Britney doesn't even know what day it is :umm:. Maybe if Xtina bothered to promote instead of appearing on that lame show. I didn't say they're famous for being white...it's a whole other debate that TOF and others have beat to death -_-. But Kii at you using them to make a point when you insult and pay them dust at every other occasion.

I guess she won the award solely based on this "visual" album and not her 15 year career :blink:

Did you miss the part when I said if she did her hits then you'd say she has recycled her Superbowl performance? But she chose to perform her successful, critically-acclaimed visual album which she only performed some of in Europe and some US cities and decided to bring it to a wider audience and yet you're still bothered. Either way she wouldn't be able to 'win' with you. I mean even the greats like Madonna, Janet and Michael have rehashed their dance routines, nuances amongst other things for a special performance. Now she's no Janet, or Madonna or Michael by far...but if they can dance the same dances then why can't Bey use the same chair and lighting? Do I need to repeat myself again? I don't get the issue at all? I mean she only just toured in Feb and some dates in the summer too - and not everybody went. It's still relatively new. I'd get it if this was 5 years later and she's still doing the same thing...but it's literally a chair and other tiny stuff that only debuted THIS year. Like illi said, "I don't see the problem either way. Most artists rehash their tour for a special performance. It's a nice summary for someone unable to attend her concert". 

iGIT7NwS0O5Vl.gif

Well fuck it.. I wrote this whole paragraph of rebuttal and lost it

Long story short, I enjoyed the performance; I wanted her actual hits

LOL! Bless thee.

tumblr_mfk8mq1N4g1s01khio1_500.gif

Fair enough :). CIL would have been nice I guess.

My thing of if she incormperated hit's, I would've compared it to the Superbowl, but would've probably liked it better, I wish she'd stop performing ballads in the same medley's as dance songs, and go AWF on all dance, that was the problem with Superbowl too, so she could've perfected that, but she insisted on the whole album I guess.

• Upvote 1

Despite Beyonce 16 minute rehash and being the most watched show on US television on Sunday night, the 8.3 million viewers who tuned into the event weren’t enough to see it better or even match the numbers it pulled in 2013. Numbers, that sang to the tune of 10.1 million.

Indeed, not even a 16 minute set by Beyonce, the first ever live performance of Nicki Minaj‘s ‘Anaconda’ or a set from One Direction replacement 5 Seconds of Summer were enough to guarantee a ratings increase for its organisers at MTV.

I'm not surprised.. The line up was weak despite TGJ's stupid opinions.. Beyonce couldn't save this years show.

I'm not surprised.. The line up was weak despite TGJ's stupid opinions.. Beyonce couldn't save this years show.

I expected this, highest of the night, but not as high as last year. I feel like Miley was needed again, like the curiosity alone would've brought some more views in.

Beyonce's performance was good. She showed all those other hoes how it should have been done. Even if it was recycle from her tour it's expected. She could not have put together a new performance this quick. That takes weeks of prep. And she was still on tour three weeks ago so it wasn't gonna happen. What was surprising was how folks in the audience, both celebs and non celebs knew so many of the lyrics to these songs. That speaks to the fact that her latest album has connected very well with the public. It will be nominated for album of the year, and truthfully, it should win. I will never STAN for that hoe like this again, but facts are facts.

• Upvote 2

Beyonce's performance was good. She showed all those other hoes how it should have been done. Even if it was recycle from her tour it's expected. She could not have put together a new performance this quick. That takes weeks of prep. And she was still on tour three weeks ago so it wasn't gonna happen. What was surprising was how folks in the audience, both celebs and non celebs knew so many of the lyrics to these songs. That speaks to the fact that her latest album has connected very well with the public. It will be nominated for album of the year, and truthfully, it should win. I will never STAN for that hoe like this again, but facts are facts.

no it doesn't. Plenty of people including celebs know lyrics to songs of artists but it doesn't mean they're connected. Putting on a 16 minute show wouldn't take weeks of preparation. It's not like she's some dance queen. She doesn't basic moves that can be done in strip clubs or your local ghetto