Jay-Z and Beyonce "On The Run" HBO special. What did you think?

JoeJoe

I was looking forward to this because there is not anyone bigger in black music now then Beyonce and JayZ. Watched with a group of friends, and we talked through the whole thing, and were all unimpressed. When she sang the Lauren Hill classic we all got pissed and turned it off.

PS~ Did she wear any pants or dresses all night? At one point she was in a thong.

I was looking forward to this because there is not anyone bigger in black music now then Beyonce and JayZ. Watched with a group of friends, and we talked through the whole thing, and were all unimpressed. When she sang the Lauren Hill classic we all got pissed and turned it off.

PS~ Did she wear any pants or dresses all night? At one point she was in a thong.

She actually wore some white polyester or silk like pants with a nice white top. Body fully covered. She looked like a grown mature woman. I think she looked gorgeous 

God I loved it. Never enjoyed a show as much as i did this one and I think it's because I've always been tense at gigs. At this one I just let loose and enjoyed the music. Didn't think about anything else and it helped me enjoy it more.

After watching the HBO special (finally) I can understand why some were let down. The editing was not the best. But since they only had 5 days to edit it I can understand why as well :lol:. It was rushed and the slow-mo's were too much but the show overall was fantastic. I can't get over how hype Jay had the crowd. And Beyonce was great as ever although I wish they concentrated on her choreography more. I just wish they showed more crowd interaction (so I can perhaps try and catch myself lol). 

Yeah they didn't show much of the crowd at all but you could tell it was just because the turn around from the actual concert and the airing of the shows.  Crowd reactions for concerts always add something imo watching it on tv etc.  Gives you more of a feeling of being there seeing how the people are reacting.

When you see that old footage from a MJ concert etc. and see people falling out and needing to go to the medical tents and shit.

Yeah they didn't show much of the crowd at all but you could tell it was just because the turn around from the actual concert and the airing of the shows.  Crowd reactions for concerts always add something imo watching it on tv etc.  Gives you more of a feeling of being there seeing how the people are reacting.

When you see that old footage from a MJ concert etc. and see people falling out and needing to go to the medical tents and shit.

People fainted here too :lmao:. I think it happens at every general admission concert tbh. But lord crowd control was crazy. The audience were ratchet as fuck at times. At the end of the show there was even a fight between a guy and two girls - and I mean a physical fight! Dude got his ass BEAT! A kick in the face and he started crying. I remember needing water and the guard was like "I'm sorry but it's only for those that are ill". After half an hour he could tell I was gonna faint so he went and got one from the vending machine as they'd ran out. I was against the barrier and peopel would not stop pushing. I had bruises the next day.

The crowd was hype though. The loudest I've ever seen a crowd be tbh. They filmed us so much so I'm annoyed they didn't show it. Maybe a DVD version will be different?

EDIT:

The fight - http://instagram.com/p/s4hQ-4ibhi/?modal=true

I was wondering how the rattings were since I didn't hear the stans squawking about "who else" or "1st to do it" or something stupid and wrong as usual, but then this is why

Saturday Cable Ratings: College Football Leads Night + 'SportsCenter', 'Attack on Titan', 'SpongeBob SquarePants', 'Beyonce & Jay-Z: On the Run' & More Show Net Time Viewership (000s, Live+SD) Adults 18-49 rating (Live+SD) COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME  L ESPN 10:50 PM 3184 1.2 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME  L ESPN 7:16 PM 3472 1.2 COLLEGE FOOTBALL AFT    L ESPN 12:01 PM 3144 1.1 Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 10:00 PM 2790 1.1 Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 10:30 PM 2664 1.0 Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 9:30 PM 2627 0.9 Big Bang Theory, THE TBSC 9:00 PM 2208 0.8 COLLEGE GAMEDAY         L ESPN 9:00 AM 1847 0.7 BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 8:30 PM 2076 0.7 SPORTSCENTER MORNING    L ESPN 1:54 AM 1532 0.7 Family Guy ADSM 11:00 PM 1628 0.7 ATTACK ON TITAN ADSM 11:30 PM 1507 0.6 COLLEGE FOOTBALL PRIME  L ESPN2 8:00 PM 1824 0.6 SpongeBob NICK 10:15 AM 2706 0.6 RIO DSNY 7:50 PM 2414 0.6 TBS PRIME MOVIE TBSC 11:00 PM 1229 0.6 American Dad ADSM 9:30 PM 1314 0.6 FX MOVIE PRIME FX 8:00 PM 1244 0.5 BLEACH ADSM 12:00 AM 1170 0.5 COLLEGE FOOTBALL AFT    L ESPN 3:30 PM 1638 0.5 BOONDOCKS, THE ADSM 10:30 PM 1162 0.5 American Dad ADSM 9:00 PM 1136 0.5 COLL FTBL SCOREBOARD ESPN 2:54 AM 1004 0.5 BIG BANG THEORY, THE TBSC 8:00 PM 1567 0.5 SpongeBob THE MOVIE NICK 8:30 AM 2149 0.5 SOFIA THE FIRST DSNY 8:30 AM 2340 0.5 SATURDAY MOVIE FAM 9:00 PM 1148 0.5 BEYONCE JAY Z ON THE RUN HBOM 9:00 PM 888 0.5

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/23/saturday-cable-ratings-college-football-leads-night-sportscenter-attack-on-titan-spongebob-squarepants-beyonce-jay-z-on-the-run-more/305964/

(It pasted funny, but on the link you can see the full scale)

The Kii is most of the above is re-runs & basic cable movies. Not bad numbers tho, but certainly not bragable by any means.

I can never stop being shocked that people love Big Bang THAT much I mean the show is...funny (sometimes) but DAMN, it's nothing I havent seen before (or done better imo) but folks REALLLLY love that shit, good for them tho, sitcoms arent in but they're owning that market.

It's odd that you say that about the editing Bu, cuz on the contrary I seen nothing but the opposite while on Twitter, the whole time the special was on.. that's all I kept seeing, about how the editing was shitting on lives. "OMG, the editing slays" ..blah blah blah..

I've seen people agree with me on twitter and other boards

That's about 630k people watched it live. Then again it is on a premium cable channel

Then again, it's no where near past Legends. For example, AFY was watched by 4.4 million people :coffee:

Even though it is a Saturday night when their demographic are probably out clubbing, someone of Jay Z and Beyonce's hype should be pulling in more viewers. They should have saved it for Thanksgiving or something. 

I thought AFY was watched by 12 million?