Madonna misses #1 for first time since 2000, "Empire" #1

Bailey

Mariah tries to appeal to the young audience even more than Madonna, and she has been for years. Her lack of vocal ability has little to do with anything. You dnt have to have vocals to be successful.

Taylor Swift.

The reasons you all are saying as to why Madonna isnt succeeding applies to Mariah, just the same imo

I like how you shaded Taylor Swift in your example BUT Taylor isn't a vocalist.. She's a pop singer so there's a flaw in your example.

And you could have just used Madonna to describe someone who is successful with absolutely no talent and/or vocals

I like how you shaded Taylor Swift in your example BUT Taylor isn't a vocalist.. She's a pop singer so there's a flaw in your example.

And you could have just used Madonna to describe someone who is successful with absolutely no talent and/or vocals

Well madonna isnt a vocalist either... Shes a "pop" singer like you juss described Taylor to be. So how is the example more fitting to use Madonna anymore than Taylor? And I used Taylor because shes currently successful, first one who came to mind.

I didn't know you knew that word :lol:

Shania gave up after 4 albums

:umm:

Gave up? My point is Shania was the huge country star...then she switched over to the "pop" thing.. and joined those two audiences to secure a solid fanbase. Taylor knows what time it is. She read the book of Twain. I dont blame the bitch, Im juss saying.

:umm:

Gave up? My point is Shania was the huge country star...then she switched over to the "pop" thing.. and joined those two audiences to secure a solid fanbase. Taylor knows what time it is. She read the book of Twain. I dont blame the bitch, Im juss saying.

You're exactly right.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Absolute lies

very much lies, Mariah's problem is poor management plain and simple, but maybe her latest change will do her some good, she has a demographic that really received her Christmas album music, I actually think it might not be a bad idea to do another Christmas themed album thats sophisticated yet fun.

:umm: Yes because we have so many examples of artists going through 3 managers for 1 era, 1 era with a ton of pushbacks, fights over singles are always successful. Where's shit music is never successful...... We get you don't like the album, but that's just too much She lost when it was 3 managers and when the album didn't come out in 2013 like it was supposed to (hell when the 2nd single wasn't ready by that summer). This era was a perfect example that if the management aint right behind the scenes and making dumb & wrong decisions on promo, there will be a flop. The music had very little to do with anything about the flaws of this era. But we've seen shit albums get hits & grammy noms/wins all the time :coffee:

• Upvote 1

:umm: Yes because we have so many examples of artists going through 3 managers for 1 era, 1 era with a ton of pushbacks, fights over singles are always successful. Where's shit music is never successful...... We get you don't like the album, but that's just too much She lost when it was 3 managers and when the album didn't come out in 2013 like it was supposed to (hell when the 2nd single wasn't ready by that summer). This era was a perfect example that if the management aint right behind the scenes and making dumb & wrong decisions on promo, there will be a flop. The music had very little to do with anything about the flaws of this era. But we've seen shit albums get hits & grammy noms/wins all the time :coffee:

I honestly wonder who could manage her? I think part of the problem is her ...that ego gets in the way, it could make a great selling point for her, but it gets joked at more than anything.....Im not a huge fan, just a casual listener to Mariah, but she needs a team around her that puts out a product her fans and more enjoy ...

I honestly wonder who could manage her? I think part of the problem is her ...that ego gets in the way, it could make a great selling point for her, but it gets joked at more than anything.....Im not a huge fan, just a casual listener to Mariah, but she needs a team around her that puts out a product her fans and more enjoy ...

I hope LA does good, but in my eyes the best manager she ever had was Benny Medina, and it shows with the last perfect from start to finish era she had....Emancipation

We do however have prime examples of artists not hitting the mark with their music. We also have many examples of over-promotion but lack of interest (Madonna)

Bad management doesn't equal bad album.. Bad management = bad sales

I agree just like Bad album don't always equal bad sales because unless it's universally panned what's a bad album is more of a opinion than a fact but the fact is she had SHEYIT management so it was NO way that era was gonna work.

So what took her so long to release a second single?

And why did she release Art of Letting Go?

Because remember everybody was LOVING #Beautiful so much, she was milking the life (literally) out of that single, going in for a ton of re-remix, she 2 videos (almost 3 if she didn't dislocate her sholder on that 3rd set) and her injury paused EVERY fuckin thing (3 videos tho...3......eyeroll, I was pissed at that then & now) and although for me AOLG is easily 1 of her best ballads in some serious YEARS, it wasn't 2nd single good, 3rd or 4th maybe. And neither was You're Mine (Eternal). The ONLY thing they got right about the era was #Beautiful being the lead single, but then as soon as she started going on month 4 or 5 with no 2nd single in sight.......unless #Beautiful was a ongoing #1 or top 10 on the rise, that was a bad move from jump

I hope LA does good, but in my eyes the best manager she ever had was Benny Medina, and it shows with the last perfect from start to finish era she had....Emancipation

I think LA from Janet to Pink pretty much showed its his way and his ideas....two divas can't fit in the room :lol: