Madonna misses #1 for first time since 2000, "Empire" #1

Bailey

:asham: This loon deserves them, though. :umm: Selz was right. He is too much like Meh, but at least Meh had his sober moments. I'd be impressed if this nut knew what sobriety was without googling it first.

I know right in 4 years here ive seen my fair share of ignorant crazies... but very few were this...childish..ironically but also arrogant about it

the case below presents the exact reasons why it is so hard to survive in today's music climate after over 3 decades of music:  MADONNA AND A CRUEL FACT OF REALITY

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-madonna-bbc-material-girl-queen-pop-perspec-0322-20150320-story.html

The 56-year-old proclaimed Queen of Pop, with more record sales than any woman in history, received a distinctly unroyal reception by the British radio station BBC Radio 1, which recently banished her latest single, "Living For Love," from its playlist.

Every generation has its own music and its own musical royalty, and the British, above all, are especially protective of the royal line of succession. Apparently Madonna's devoted subjects are too old for BBC 1, which deemed Her Royal Highness "irrelevant" to its audience. Madonna calls the decision "discriminatory and unfair," a clear case of ageism.

The very proper BBC 1 head programmer admitted: "We've got to concentrate on people aged 15-30. We have to bring our average age down. That's something we're very conscious of. The vast majority of people who like Madonna, who like her music now, are over 30 and frankly, we've moved on from Madonna. Whilst around 40 percent of the country's 15- to 29-year-olds tune into Radio 1 each week, an artist's age is never a factor."

oh I could argue against them, they are basically saying over 30 is not a profitable demographic, I would say its not a gullible one, which means you can still market music to the over 30 crowd, as proven by Madonna's ticket sales, but you can't sale us the garbage teens are willing to shell out money for....I guess we're harder to please because we are brand loyal. We expect quality.

oh I could argue against them, they are basically saying over 30 is not a profitable demographic, I would say its not a gullible one, which means you can still market music to the over 30 crowd, as proven by Madonna's ticket sales, but you can't sale us the garbage teens are willing to shell out money for....I guess we're harder to please because we are brand loyal. We expect quality.

U.S. ticket sales Bc I heard it didn't sellout as fast as her last tour. Madonna has entered her The Rolling Stones phase of her career. She's no longer popular

U.S. ticket sales Bc I heard it didn't sellout as fast as her last tour. Madonna has entered her The Rolling Stones phase of her career. She's no longer popular

that still doesn't matter when she can say "I am the top selling female artist ever" and with the way sales are now, that record may not be broken anytime soon

Yada Yada.. All I said was she's in the Rolling Stones era of her career... Pure touring artist. Pop radio doesn't need her 

I dont think she needs pop radio, if what they claim is accurate, and I believe it is, those first week album sales are a loyal fan base, it still debuted top 5, none of the singles/songs will see the light of radio day, but thats where other formats come into play

I'm liking Rebel Heart more than MDNA. She's so much better when she's vulnerable.

The song I keep coming back to on the Empire soundtrack is Conqueror. Arguably the most generic one on there but I love it.

I love pretty much all Jussie Smollett's songs. I'm glad Columbia signed him.

• Upvote 1

I'm all for discourse on race, but it needs to be intelligent and thoughtful as the topic itself will elicit emotional responses as each person speaks their truth. The manner that it happened in this thread is nothing but baiting, and I'm asking just once that we remain more thoughtful. This will be the last time I ask.

• Upvote 3